Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why no right hand glove for men?

Go down 
+13
BabyCroc
richardyeo
ahnah
escyb
fata
goh.YF.52
cybermambo
Khorkar
Vinny
shimizu.toruk
Derek
Technospaz
outlander
17 posters
AuthorMessage
outlander
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
outlander

Why no right hand glove for men? Empty
PostSubject: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 2:23 pm

My right palm is feeling sore after range practising these 2 weeks. Some skin also came off my middle finger. So was thinking of buying a complete "pair" of gloves (left & right) to use so that I can continue practising. Went to Isetan Scotts and realised only female gloves come in pairs. Why is that so?

What do you guys do when your palm is sore? I'm been using plasters but it comes off easily due to the sweat.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 2:30 pm

outlander wrote:
My right palm is feeling sore after range practising these 2 weeks. Some skin also came off my middle finger. So was thinking of buying a complete "pair" of gloves (left & right) to use so that I can continue practising. Went to Isetan Scotts and realised only female gloves come in pairs. Why is that so?

What do you guys do when your palm is sore? I'm been using plasters but it comes off easily due to the sweat.

What do I do? I tend to not kill myself or my palms.

Seriously, how many golf balls have you been hammering away and how many days at a time? Sounds like you've been going full-on. That's great but at the same time, don't overdo it. Practice makes perfect. It also makes permanent so if you're doing something wrong repeatedly, it'll stick.

I've not seen men's gloves for LH and RH sold together. I guess you'll have to buy them separately if you're keen. That said, most male golfers I know don't use gloves on both hands. I'm not saying that you shouldn't but perhaps figure out why you're injuring yourself before going out there and getting gloved up on both hands.

Back to top Go down
outlander
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
outlander

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Have been practising at the range every weekend for the past 10 weeks due to my beginner's lessons. Hit around 150 to 200 balls every practise. My palm only start to hurt for the past 2 weeks. I guess (and hope) that's because I'm still not used to it and not because of my wrong grip.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 2:49 pm

If you really want RH gloves, the FJ rain grip series has RH gloves in men's sizes. I am sure MST at MBGC carries the whole range.

While I don't normally use a RH glove during dry weather, in wet weather I use both RH and LH

That being said, if you are having blisters in your palm, there really might be something wrong with your grip, and the fix is not as simple as "grip more lightly" .... please check with your coach or any QUALIFIED instructor

150 - 200 balls once a week should not be enough to be giving you bad blisters with a proper grip
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 3:20 pm

I think some shops (IIRC it's Pan West) also sell the FJ rain grip as a left/right hand combo
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 5:43 pm

2nd to both what Techno & Derek commented.

Its definitely a case of bad or wrong grip that's giving you the blisters. I use to play w/o gloves for several rounds and even range sessions for the past couple of years. I know my grip is out when I start having blisters.

If you really need RH gloves, I would suggest that you get the real cheap ones because you may experience some discomfort or the club may feel alien with RH gloves. Ultimately, when you start gripping it right, there's no longer any use for a RH or even a LH glove......

Last but not least, golf is not a sport nor a hobby that you can master over a short period of time ~ not to mention does all that hours spent @ the range transcend to better golf technique and golf swing....?? Only your swing coach would be in the position to comment.
Back to top Go down
outlander
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
outlander

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 5:54 pm

Thanks for all the advice here. I'm not getting blisters on my palm, just that my middle finger has some skin that came off after one wild swing. The skin there is still quite raw, hence I'm feeling some pain when I practise. I think that was because my grip was too tight (my coach told me my veins were popping out on my arms!).

I've been telling myself to relax, esp after seeing so many seasoned golfers swinging effortlessly. I guess I'll put off buying the RH glove for now and hope situation will improve.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Try going to pharmacy and buy those tape to wrap your fingers. They would be better after awhile.

The other thought as you play more or range more, your fingers will get accustomed to them.
Back to top Go down
cybermambo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 7:50 pm

yeah, bro, use sports tape. I had blisters on my left middle finger and right index finger when I picked up golf again after a long time. you got to tape it up before it gets worse.
my palms also hurt at that time, probably gripping too hard. had to roll palm on tennis ball to help out.

then a friend told me, grip like holding a toothpaste tube without squeezing it out. gripping lighter will help with hand rotation in crossover and probably generate club head speed.

btw, when my wife took lessons from coach, she went with a pair of LH & RH gloves. but the very respectable angmoh coach at greenfairways told her to remove RH glove (if she can and willing to). It will give her better feel and be able to see hand crossover as well.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 7:56 pm

I used to get a blister on my forefinger on my left hand. I use a bandaid each time I play. But these days, I don't get that blister anymore but I still use the bandaid. It's my 'routine' Smile
Back to top Go down
goh.YF.52
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
goh.YF.52

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 12:10 pm

any of you tried using weightlifting/gym gloves with exposed finger tips?
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Why no right hand glove for men? Nikefingersleeves

Last time,I used finger sleeve. But seem difficult to find now,hence back to glove Swing
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:00 pm

If you really need a right hand glove...look for Fit 39 gloves. Can be bought from Golf Simply. Value for money and long lasting even after repeated washings.
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:05 pm

escyb wrote:
If you really need a right hand glove...look for Fit 39 gloves. Can be bought from Golf Simply. Value for money and long lasting even after repeated washings.

yah .... quite alot of left over there.
Back to top Go down
richardyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:02 am

I heard Shenzhen selling 1 sets gloves.
Both left n right. If u happen to go there.

My 2 cents!! Smile
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
BabyCroc

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 2:13 am

@outlander: skin come off middle finger? You f pple too much until your skin over stretch is it? LOL. Anyway, I suggest you seek help from a coach, you might be gripping your club the wrong way or with too much pressure. If the blisters are bothering you, stop practising and let it recover. There's no point bashing Thru when the pain is constantly distracting you or preventing you from gripping the club correctly.

@richardyeo: I'm assuming you are new, but seriously, Shenzhen is way too blaaaaaaaardee far for a pair of gloves. If you go all the way to Shenzhen, you might as well be searching for more condoms.
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 11:13 am

BabyCroc wrote:
@richardyeo: I'm assuming you are new, but seriously, Shenzhen is way too blaaaaaaaardee far for a pair of gloves. If you go all the way to Shenzhen, you might as well be searching for more condoms.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Guess u know wat I menat...

Buy 21 brands n put on all fingers n toes...
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 2:18 pm

one coach told me that the reaason that ladies use both right n left glove is bcos they dont wanna have 1 dark n tanned hand and the other fair.

thats also one way to know if one is a golfer.

pls check your hands and cfm now
Back to top Go down
outlander
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
outlander

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 4:16 pm

poresia wrote:
one coach told me that the reaason that ladies use both right n left glove is bcos they dont wanna have 1 dark n tanned hand and the other fair.

Hands are the least of my concern. The 2 tones on my arms caused by the sleeve of my polo-t is more obvious. I wonder why there is no sleeveless polo-t for men.
Back to top Go down
costajos
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:15 pm

outlander wrote:
poresia wrote:

Hands are the least of my concern. The 2 tones on my arms caused by the sleeve of my polo-t is more obvious. I wonder why there is no sleeveless polo-t for men.

wear skins or use long sleeves
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Don't wear clothes when you play. That'll solve the problem.
Back to top Go down
costajos
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:46 pm

Technospaz wrote:

But may create other problems... Especially for other golfers ROFL
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 7:15 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Golf course don't allowed leh...they have dress code. Smile

@outlander, skin coming off, your are gripping your clubs too hard. Anyway take a rest let your hands heal 1st. Sleeveless only for ladies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why no right hand glove for men?   Why no right hand glove for men? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why no right hand glove for men?
Page 1 of 1