Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moving from NSRCC to....

Go down 
+19
damylim
beehome
talltist
andrew-golf
3131T
nientsu
shimizu.toruk
simoner
hkhamateur
bryanachong
Happy Feet
chien
Begbie
skybobo
slinger
pocketace
Suzuki
enwee
Acemangill
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Acemangill
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Moving from NSRCC to.... Empty
PostSubject: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Hi,

Took up the game in 2010 and signed up as a two year member at NSRCC in 2011. My membership will end early next year, and have been asking myself these questions:

1) Should I continue with it? As I am struggling to get games in the morning at Changi and more often than not at Kranji as well. There seems to be something "fishy" going that the morning slots are always taken up by the time they are released for members to pick up. Are they actually released, or put aside? I spoke to a member and he says that he always gets a game in the mornings there - as someone knows someone. I do not know how far this is true but anyway, I feel its happening and this is not something I am comfortable with.

2) Is it worth the $. As in at the end of my membership I do not get anything. I pay about 70 for a game there on weekend and monthly subscription is about 50 for me and wife.

3) Not lookin at spending alot of $, but would like a game weekends.

With the above I have been asked to look at Changi GC. Anyone a member there or played there before?

Or should I continue with NSRCC and continue to play at 1pm / 2pm tee off timings?

What are your thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Morning? Changi ok leh. but you need to book at least 5 days ahead.

Btw what's wrong with pm tee off. I do like afternoon at times.

Last edited by enwee on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Suzuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Lets face it, you can't get this price anywhere in Singapore for you and your wife thought the price just went up in sept, with such good maintenance. For booking wise, if you want to book first flight for 18 hole, you got to lodge into NSRCC website 0001 when they open for next week booking, you lodge in and make your booking, usually I don't have a problem. Usually they will open in advance for 8-9 days booking, so you just count back to dates you want to book. If end of the day, you can't find any players to play, you can release the flight best 3 days before the booked date, there is no charge. Good luck to you.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 1:13 pm

There are 'corporate' members flights and they get a couple of good time slots (before 8am) on sat morning.

Then there is always the captain's flight or committee member flights but these guys give a lot of personal time to the club, so I have no issues

Usually my kakis and I camped at our computers at 6pm thurs to book for the following sat morning flights. Usually no problem because we have quite a few fellas booking.

Btw, my wife is also a family member and I only play sat morning. Ever since the rates increase in sept, I find that it's slightly easier to book a sat morning tee time.

Ultimately it's your call, but I agree with Suzuki, nsrcc works for me too
Back to top Go down
Acemangill
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Suzuki wrote:
For booking wise, if you want to book first flight for 18 hole, you got to lodge into NSRCC website 0001 when they open for next week booking, you lodge in and make your booking, usually I don't have a problem.

Hi could you clarify on this point?
As I (and my kakis) not for camping at our computer on Thursdays 6pm to get a slot.

Anyone has any thoughts on Changi GC?

thanks
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:29 pm

we play every sunday morning at kranji...

so far, we are able to get 2 flights between 715-815am without much problem....

yes, we do camp at the computer on fri evening 6pm....

if u do want to golf sat/sun am in spore, then i think one needs to put some effort...

its the same thing for most of the private clubs i know....

for us, its almost a ritual every fri evening at the computer....

if u play at nsrcc....... i doubt u wanna golf at CGC with its 2x 9 holes and the walking (buggy on track)

i play CGC before, i still dun understand some of its par 4s and the par 5 layout....

ultimately, where u join do depends on who u wanna golf with...

jmho
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:32 pm

Actually so far, I can easily get next wed and thurs morning flight like 0715 or 0722, no need to camp at PC lah. As for wkend, it's the same throughout local clubs lah, people go fri afternoon to queue so that they can book sat or sun morning flight.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi ace, there is nothing fishy going on. Like slinger and pocketace mentioned, if u want to play on sat or sun morning, u need to standby before 6pm on either thu or fri. Put it this way, u want morning I also want morning, so first come first serve loh.

But if u do not want or is not able to do so, then yes it's better to look elsewhere.

But I dun think cgc is a good choice
Back to top Go down
Acemangill
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 4:24 pm

skybobo wrote:

Hi, yes it doesnt look like its a good choice, especially after being spoilt by NSRCC Changi.

But considering that my membership is expiring and I have to renew again I looked around and asked that CGC is being offered for around SGD5K membership fee. And this has prompted me to give it a thought for evaluation.

The members at these two clubs are also being considered. I have a bit of negative thought about the majority of the members at NSRCC, but I won't go into that and was told that I will not face this at CGC. Well CGC is just one option but I am open to other clubs as well. Looking at present fees - CGC (5k), Keppel (20k) and Seletar (36k) looks within my budget.

I am leaning towards CGC because I like that part of the island and can also indulge in my other interest - cycling along the coast road etc (one reason why I signed up at NSRCC as well). And Seletar because I live in Sengkang now, and hence not too far to travel.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Acemangill wrote:
I have a bit of negative thought about the majority of the members at NSRCC, but I won't go into that and was told that I will not face this at CGC.

I know what you mean, but I prefer to think of them as the noisy minority because the silent majority do not prefix every sentence in the changing room with or after a round :p

The demographics are clearly different when you compare NSRCC to other 'premium' clubs. All the best with CGC
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:41 pm

Acemangill wrote:
skybobo wrote:

Hi, yes it doesnt look like its a good choice, especially after being spoilt by NSRCC Changi.

But considering that my membership is expiring and I have to renew again I looked around and asked that CGC is being offered for around SGD5K membership fee. And this has prompted me to give it a thought for evaluation.

The members at these two clubs are also being considered. I have a bit of negative thought about the majority of the members at NSRCC, but I won't go into that and was told that I will not face this at CGC. Well CGC is just one option but I am open to other clubs as well. Looking at present fees - CGC (5k), Keppel (20k) and Seletar (36k) looks within my budget.

I am leaning towards CGC because I like that part of the island and can also indulge in my other interest - cycling along the coast road etc (one reason why I signed up at NSRCC as well). And Seletar because I live in Sengkang now, and hence not too far to travel.
Actually, most of clubs got these people lah. As for queue, it happened in all local clubs as well.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 7:41 pm

Acemangill wrote:

I used to play regularly in CGC especially when they had the promo for $50 for a round of 18 by MGK. They have a fair share of what you call negative type of members.

These are my encounters:

Incident 1. While awaiting for the green to clear, there was an errant tee shot landing 10m behind me, we approached them and asked why they hit when we were on fairway, they said they dun hit as far as us and totally unapologetic.
Incident 2. Once we shared flight with a member, he took off on his own while we are putting and move to the next hole.
Incident 3. We complained to marshall with regards to the front flight slow play, marshall came back to us and said they were VIP and couldn't be touched.
Incident 4. I teed off on first tee on par 3, my ball pulled left, hit the buggy track and landed next fairway, i saw the oncoming flight drove his buggy to the ball and picked my ball up. I confronted him and he claimed he did not and ask me what proof I have.

And the same have happened with other clubs that I have played, be it singapore or malaysia.. thats pretty much the situation here bro.. unless you are loaded with dough, join TMCC or Sentosa... if not, just let it go...

Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Begbie wrote:

Incident 1. While awaiting for the green to clear, there was an errant tee shot landing 10m behind me, we approached them and asked why they hit when we were on fairway, they said they dun hit as far as us and totally unapologetic.
Incident 2. Once we shared flight with a member, he took off on his own while we are putting and move to the next hole.
Incident 3. We complained to marshall with regards to the front flight slow play, marshall came back to us and said they were VIP and couldn't be touched.
Incident 4. I teed off on first tee on par 3, my ball pulled left, hit the buggy track and landed next fairway, i saw the oncoming flight drove his buggy to the ball and picked my ball up. I confronted him and he claimed he did not and ask me what proof I have.

And the same have happened with other clubs that I have played, be it singapore or malaysia.. thats pretty much the situation here bro.. unless you are loaded with dough, join TMCC or Sentosa... if not, just let it go...

Hey mate..

These sound so familiar.. You mean NSRCC ?? lol!

Back to top Go down
Happy Feet
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 8:52 pm

being a nomad golfer....any golf club is better than no golf club....like a wanderer....moving fm one to the other

however i do like changi golf.....just that i can only play once a mth or 18 games a year....if not, i sure buy
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 8:55 pm

Begbie wrote:
Acemangill wrote:

I used to play regularly in CGC especially when they had the promo for $50 for a round of 18 by MGK. They have a fair share of what you call negative type of members.

These are my encounters:

Actually, Begbie, in case you don't know, as mention in your incident 3, many members tips or give ang pow during festive season like CNY. So when even when the front is slow, as long as ang pow big, the marshall will not take much action. I'm sure members of TMCC, SICC and SCC give as well, or so far at least the members of these clubs give. Btw not only marshall, even the uncles/aunties in the cafe and changing room as well.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 9:53 pm

@Chien - exactly my point, its everywhere.... if u wanna live happier, let it go.. life's too short ... Smile

at least u still get to golf ... i'm on a 2-3 week forced sabbatical due to work and with a temp below zero here in china, golf isn't the first thing on my list, if u know what i mean... cheers
Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bryanachong

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 12:39 am

Anyone tried Sembwang? Heard they are renovating and may be a good choice?
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 6:38 am

bryanachong wrote:

The initial sign up member fee looks good! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 8:31 am

hkhamateur wrote:
bryanachong wrote:

The initial sign up member fee looks good! Very Happy

I tot Sembawang only open to Armed Forces personnel?
Back to top Go down
Acemangill
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:02 am

bryanachong wrote:

Yes, I have been told that Sembawang after its registration is a good option also. And I do not think it is for SAF personnel only. Not sure, how much it is though.

Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:07 am

Sembawang is definitely only for regular SAF personnel only.

I tried to apply...that's what they told me :-(
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:14 am

Ace: have you considered OCC? It think its a good membership to join.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 12:21 pm

Begbie wrote:
@Chien - exactly my point, its everywhere.... if u wanna live happier, let it go.. life's too short ... Smile

at least u still get to golf ... i'm on a 2-3 week forced sabbatical due to work and with a temp below zero here in china, golf isn't the first thing on my list, if u know what i mean... cheers

Amen mate !

So you playing some other kind of ball games in China ? lol!

Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Acemangill wrote:
skybobo wrote:

One thing u have to consider is ur golfing kakis... If u join CGC or Seletar, how many times u will be playing at ur club with ur kakis...

Whereas Im sure there will be lotsa kakis to play with at nsrcc...

For example, Ive a buddy who is a member of TMCC n NSRCC... His NSRCC membership expired n reluctant to renew cos of the price increase in green fee. After 2 months, he LL, gotta renew cos most of his kakis are NSRCC members, thou he has a choice of walking the Garden alone... ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 4:20 pm

3131T wrote:
Acemangill wrote:
skybobo wrote:

One thing u have to consider is ur golfing kakis... If u join CGC or Seletar, how many times u will be playing at ur club with ur kakis...

Whereas Im sure there will be lotsa kakis to play with at nsrcc...

For example, Ive a buddy who is a member of TMCC n NSRCC... His NSRCC membership expired n reluctant to renew cos of the price increase in green fee. After 2 months, he LL, gotta renew cos most of his kakis are NSRCC members, thou he has a choice of walking the Garden alone... ROFL ROFL ROFL

Somehow i heard this story before..... scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving from NSRCC to....   Moving from NSRCC to.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moving from NSRCC to....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next