Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X

Go down 
+21
Cyp_PGA
jurongtiger
Birdman
ghoonk
khan
helmeahmad
colin2011
golf_snowman
tigolfclub
ironfist
DGman
Mizuno
shotah
jimmychoo
kopiO
daveaha
TObe
alucard
S70B
Duval_S
Technospaz
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X Empty
PostSubject: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:54 am

Can someone help me out by giving me a quick summary of the differences between these 3 shafts? Was viewing/testing the Mizzies yesterday evening and wondered about the shafts.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:01 am

Wah!!! Testing Mizzies!!!!......hmmmm....Can you hear what I hear!!! .....(ala The Drummer boy 's xmas carol)
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:02 am

Did u use the shaft optimizer they had for Mizunos?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 am

S70B wrote:
Did u use the shaft optimizer they had for Mizunos?

No, I was just browsing. I didn't get a chance to tinker around with any of the machinery.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:20 am

U shd. Its a nice piece of techware from them.

You hit this generic club:
Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X MizunoOptimizerclubhead

With this thingamagicbob readout:
Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X MizunoOptimizerreadout

This 'club' cost the shops USD$9k. You hit 3 shots. It records your:
- clubhead speed
- Swing tempo
- toe down angle
- release factor
- kick angle.

You key it into the computer with the dedicated software like this:

Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X MizunoOptimizerdatasheet

It will then spew out 3 shaft options most suitable for you. They have about 50 different iron shafts to select from.

It will also tell you whether you should hard-step or soft-step those shafts based on these figures.

I guess every manufacturer is really into customising the player's game.
Back to top Go down
alucard
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:26 pm

where can i get to test the mizunos with this optimizer?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:28 pm

Awesome. I'll go get my swing tested.
Back to top Go down
TObe
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TObe

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:37 pm

Wow, nice! Where can we do this and how much would it cost?

Btw, back to the original question: What are the different characteristics of the 3 shafts above? How do the different shaft specs suit a person? e.g. Heavier shaft for someone with a faster swing?

Thx!
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:37 pm

Awesome. Joining the mizzy family soon ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 7:28 pm

After reading this, I quick quick chiong SunTech GH......apparently one of the salesmen told me they don do project X anymore......hmmmm??? Only DG and NSPro....and the former is 160+ gm.....siao...he think I am superman or Hulk....
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:01 pm

if juz specs alone, here's a good summary... http://media.mizunousa.com/images/pdf/10golf1_shafts_custom-options.pdf

i dun hv feedback, as i on graphite..
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:02 pm

Haha.....This is the kind of Golf sales in Singapore. You don't have more than 2 choice. BTW, DG can't be 160+ gram lah.... Wrong info is it?

Rex, what's soft and hard step? scratch
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:33 pm

Maybe its step up or step down.
Back to top Go down
Mizuno
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mizuno

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:51 pm

Duval_S wrote:
After reading this, I quick quick chiong SunTech GH......apparently one of the salesmen told me they don do project X anymore......hmmmm??? Only DG and NSPro....and the former is 160+ gm.....siao...he think I am superman or Hulk....

160+ gm!! wah.... must have lots of lead pads on the shaft....

DG Shafts?
http://www.truetemper.com/golf/index.php
NSPro Shafts?
http://www.nipponshaft.com/steel_950gh.html

Best to ask Bigfishes...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:58 pm

kopiO wrote:
if juz specs alone, here's a good summary... http://media.mizunousa.com/images/pdf/10golf1_shafts_custom-options.pdf

Thanks, bro. Very useful Smile
Back to top Go down
Mizuno
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mizuno

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:19 pm

kopiO wrote:

The Japanese Mizuno site iron shaft info:
http://www.mizunonetorder.com/cluborder/about_shaft_iron.html
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:47 pm

unless the head comes separate from the shafts, i dont see how customisation can be achieve with just ns pro and dg gold. at most you get 5 variations.

1. ns pro r flex which plays to an a flex. actual weight of shaft cut is average around 93g
2. ns pro sr flex which plays to a r flex.
3. ns pro s flex which plays to a firm flex.
4. dg gold r300 which plays to a r flex. actual weight of shaft cut is average around 115g
5. dg gold s300 which plays to an s flex. actual weight of shaft cut is average around 122g.

good news is - mizuno is going to come with KBS as an option, but not all mizuno's outlet will carry them.

basically what type of shaft you should use (weight, kickpoint and flex) depends on a few factors..

1. swing tempo
2. swing speed
3. angle of attack
4. spin rate
5. smash factor
6. launch angle
7. maximum height of ball and
8. drop angle

ask the salesman how he will get the above info and ask him/her why he or she recommends you the type of shaft, weight of shaft and flex of shafts.

DGman

jason...you oot the point?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:01 am

how many different clubs would he be using to come to a proper selection? just a 7i? or every single club in the set?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:36 am

Thanks, Eric. Very useful. More research required on my part Smile
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:58 am

I thought the Shaft Optimizer wud be a worldwide option. It even came out in the Golf Magazine write-up.

Here is a short internet article about it: http://www.articlesbase.com/golf-articles/amazing-mizuno-mx300-irons-introduction-1323030.html

Given that GH is the main place for Mizuno clubs, they shd get or have it. Best is to call their main office or something. I think the one at Marina should carry it since their best fitter Jeff is there rite?

DGman said it best alr. Not much option there between NS Pro and DGs.

For me, the software told me my 3 best fits were DG S300, Proj X 5.5, KBS Tour S straight in with no hard stepping or soft stepping req. They also place you on a graph with all the data shown.

For your benefit, this is my feedback on the 3 shafts in the OP:

- DG: I grew up with these shafts so its the easiest to get used to. The stepping option is made to feel the tip and clubhead. Cheapest option of the 3 too.

- Proj X: As much as alot of prominent players are using this shaft. Feedback from consumers and salespeople here I know in US agrees with me. This shaft provides a very 'hollow' feel at impact. The stepless option is a beauty to many but that makes the shaft supposedly play tip stiff. I find that its actually quite stiff in the butt section too and that also makes the head lighter according to the FuZion golf customers who wants this shaft so they had to made the headweight heavier for them. Also, people like Mickelson and Paul Casey plays them but they use the 7.3 option which is not avail to the public. Goes to show that they really need the heaviest option so that they can have more feedback.

- NS Pro 950: Very soft tip, high spinning and high launching. Good for those low spinners who likes to hit the ball high but if u tend to balloon your shots, not the greatest option for you. Its also pretty light so the Swing Weight might be less than a D.

Last edited by S70B on Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 1:56 am

wow the concept of the shaft optimizer is fantastic. but with the limited shaft options here i doubt they'd bring it in.

s70b, if you don't mind me asking, what would your feedback on KBS shafts be? i'm wondering how they perform and feel.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:10 am

Smooth. Very similar to DG but less harsh.

The inventor, Kim Braly (hence KBS for shafts) was also lead designer for Project X with Royal Precision and also worked for True Temper and UST before coming up with their own company.

Ball flight on the trackman is higher but spin rates are lower compared to DG.

They cost alot more than DG too. I believe Eric has a few demos in his den to try. Pop over next week to see if you like them.
Back to top Go down
tigolfclub
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:48 pm

Recently got the Project X 6.0 on the Bridgestone J36 forged irons (I know most guys here are mizuno fans. I have them too!). Was on NSPros 950 R. Wanted a heavier shaft to train on. Surprisingly can hit them well within a week, even the 4 iron. Somehow the combination of the Project X with the J36 works for me (tried them on the MP52s before). Now can hit the NSPro with ease..... but nothing beats the thrill and feel of being striking a great shot with a forged iron on a 125gm shaft.... Feeel more macho la! Wink

Review of the Project X:
http://www.sirshanksalot.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=246

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 12:07 am

bro, may i ask, where did you get the J36 with Project X 6 ? and how much did you pay for it ?

thanks

snowman
Back to top Go down
colin2011
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
colin2011

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 12:37 am

tigolfclub wrote:
Recently got the Project X 6.0 on the Bridgestone J36 forged irons (I know most guys here are mizuno fans. I have them too!). Was on NSPros 950 R. Wanted a heavier shaft to train on. Surprisingly can hit them well within a week, even the 4 iron. Somehow the combination of the Project X with the J36 works for me (tried them on the MP52s before). Now can hit the NSPro with ease..... but nothing beats the thrill and feel of being striking a great shot with a forged iron on a 125gm shaft.... Feeel more macho la! Wink

Review of the Project X:
http://www.sirshanksalot.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=246

Good Luck!

Bro, is the J36 irons friendly to use ?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X   Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dynamic Gold, NSPro & Project X
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next