Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?

Go down 
+24
abadan
Red8
slinger
hkhamateur
Rafj
marmarchen
MLP
Botak88
sob
mrkatsucurry
flashpacker
pocketace
asahi
gnorij
ironstarz
scottycollector
WILL33
costajos
shamusan
CoRN
enwee
Gabe
bigbanana14
rkangrah
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:15 am

enwee wrote:
Why RBZ? Stage 2 claimed it's even longer.

Any bro using stage2??

How is it compare to the old RBZ ??

TIA
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:12 pm

enwee wrote:

by the time stage 5 debut...... can claimed 300 yards liao

tio bo??!!!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:15 pm

slinger wrote:
enwee wrote:

tio bo??!!!
everyone sure claim it's long, who claim his driver is short, maybe by the time stage 5, it's more than 300 yards.....Shocked
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:23 pm

enwee wrote:
slinger wrote:
enwee wrote:

by then stage 5 debut...... can claimed 300 yards liao

tio bo??!!!
everyone sure claim it's long, who claim his driver is short, maybe by the time stage 5, it's more than 300 yards.....Shocked

Claimg is easy as both TM & Calla has tons of monies & designers fr solid R&D lor..Wink 
They can claimed New designed driver give both carry n roll to 400yards on the later stage lor...geek 
Bt how many social n amateur golfers can produce tat kind of swing n power to reach there hor!tongue 
Its easy to say then done n all voice dwn to individual skills n talent where i m nt sadly.Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:32 pm

enwee wrote:
slinger wrote:
enwee wrote:

tio bo??!!!

what i think any proficient golfer would rather want is not how long their drives are but how to keep their drives on the fairway....

dun matter if u are hitting 200-230-250m, as long as u are on fairway, your chance of playing par is much much higher than hitting 270m but in thick rough
Back to top Go down
Red8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:35 pm

Not at all! I was driving 180m with the RBZ stage 2 with regular asian men's specs shaft. Switched over to the Titleist 913 D2 with the Bassara R and I'm now driving an avg 210m. Sometimes with tailwind even 220m! No TM for me!
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 1:09 pm

My game changed ever since i put these drivers and woods in my bag. I'm now hitting much shorter irons into the greens than b4!!! so much better hitting a 7 or 8 iron into the green rather than a 4 or 5 iron.

I switched from R9 Supertri with Diamana Whiteboard to RBZ(1) with fubuki tour shaft. Difference... Gained at least 20M with the RBZ. Then tried the R1 with Whiteboard. 5M longer than RBZ(1). 

Now using Stage 2 Tour with Fujikura Fuel. Similar distance to R1. R1 seems to carry less but more roll. 

I tried 913. but didn't get any extra distance out of it with a Phenom shaft. 

Switched from an R9 Max 3w to a Stage 2 tour 3w. i think about 5-7M gain. so i'd say negligible.
Back to top Go down
Kel81
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 1:12 pm

I tried on my friend Asian spec rbz and I gain 10-20yards longer than my RAZR black. But since its on different shaft not sure is it the shaft or rbz head. However I like the sound from rbz... Am considering to switch to rbz now..
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 1:28 pm

Kel81 wrote:
I tried on my friend Asian spec rbz and I gain 10-20yards longer than my RAZR black. But since its on different shaft not sure is it the shaft or rbz head. However I like the sound from rbz... Am considering to switch to rbz now..

Me is considering the Stage II ... Taylormade
Back to top Go down
okb
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Reading this thread makes me feel like gg gd later..hahaha
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:56 pm

okb wrote:
Reading this thread makes me feel like gg gd later..hahaha

Poisonous! Poisonous! Poisonous! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
okb
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:21 pm

bro, if you do get the stage II let us know how it performs k....tku..
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:15 pm

abadan wrote:
My game changed ever since i put these drivers and woods in my bag. I'm now hitting much shorter irons into the greens than b4!!! so much better hitting a 7 or 8 iron into the green rather than a 4 or 5 iron.

I switched from R9 Supertri with Diamana Whiteboard to RBZ(1) with fubuki tour shaft. Difference... Gained at least 20M with the RBZ. Then tried the R1 with Whiteboard. 5M longer than RBZ(1). 

Now using Stage 2 Tour with Fujikura Fuel. Similar distance to R1. R1 seems to carry less but more roll. 

I tried 913. but didn't get any extra distance out of it with a Phenom shaft. 

Switched from an R9 Max 3w to a Stage 2 tour 3w. i think about 5-7M gain. so i'd say negligible.
U simi stage also no difference lah, u already far far ahead liao, what else u want? Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Kel81
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 4:42 am

Turbo wrote:
Kel81 wrote:

Me is considering the Stage II ... Taylormade

I wonder if stage II is further than rbz as what it claims... I will be looking at 20-40yards longer than my current driver! Wow! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 6:55 am

I had a Burner SuperFast 3-wood going about 230 yards and recently got a RBZ 3-wood that replaced it.  Not sure how many more yards I'm getting, but it's definitely longer!

Not sure the difference between Stage 2 and RBZ though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:09 am

abadan wrote:

I thought for the Stage II Tour, the stock shaft is either the Matrix or Black Tie, no? As far as I know, the non-Tour version is shafted with Fujikura Fuel ...
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:45 am

Turbo wrote:
abadan wrote:

I thought for the Stage II Tour, the stock shaft is either the Matrix or Black Tie, no? As far as I know, the non-Tour version is shafted with Fujikura Fuel ...

I think so too bro. The standard Tour Driver comes with the 6Q3. But there are also other TP shaft options. and the shaft upgrade prices are not cheap.  

The stock shaft for non tour model is ROCKETFUEL. not Fujikura FUEL. big difference bro. Smile
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:44 pm

abadan wrote:
Turbo wrote:
abadan wrote:

I think so too bro. The standard Tour Driver comes with the 6Q3. But there are also other TP shaft options. and the shaft upgrade prices are not cheap.  

The stock shaft for non tour model is ROCKETFUEL. not Fujikura FUEL. big difference bro. Smile
Not true, bro ... I've juz invested in the RBZ Stage II non-Tour driver and it c/w Fujikura Rocket Fuel 50 S-Flex shaft (US Spec). I actually keen in the X-Flex but not available in Sg ... GD also doesn't bring in X-Flex. I fear that the Fujikura Rocket Fuel 50 S-Flex shaft may be too light for me ...

The TM US online staff told me the Stage II Tour version and non-Tour version have common head. Its predecessor, Burner Tour and non-Tour version have different heads.

Taylormade Taylormade
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:13 pm

Shucks, actually there is a RBZ Stage II TP Tour version ... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:44 pm

Bro turbo. its true. there is no difference in the difference for the Stage2 driver heads. 

Previous TP models were known to be 1-2* opened. Now they come pretty much square with adjustability so that you can open or close the face the way the user likes it. 

But bare in mind. opening and closing the clubface does add and/or subtract loft. 

For every degree of loft you add, you actually close the face by 2 degrees. 

Taking 1 degree of loft will open the clubface by 2 degrees.
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:30 pm

Having compared both drivers, they are really quite the same. It really boils down to the golfer, the shaft and the 'feel and sound' of the club and last but not least... looks. All clubs are very personal if you ask me. Its like shoes. hehe. must try then will know. 

I'm guessing more guys prefer the Stage 2 as compared to the R1. I'm guessing its cause of the weight. Some tech specs for you guys... 

The R1 Head (J-spec: comes with head weight of 1 and 6grams. 1 and 10g for US head)
Overall head weight is 201g
Shaft weight 65g with grip and adapter ... total weight 117g

If i rem correctly, that produces a swing weight of about D6. 

Stage 2 head weighs 193g. (8g lighter than R1)
Shaft with grip and adapter weighs 117.5g.
To me, if feels like about a D2. 

The distance is about about the same. Avg increase of about 20m compared to older drivers. Lucky hits can really put a huge grin on your face when u find it 100m in front of ur buddies down the fairway. Very Happy

The R1 is very loud!!!  but more workable. Stage 2 more forgiving but not so workable. Fades become slices, draws become hooks. Its the only thing that's kinda making me wanna put the R1 back in play. and i prefer the looks of the R1 too. Razz I think it all boils down to having a good shaft and some getting used to. 

So.. if you ask me which is better?? Stage2 for more leisure golfer with slower swing speeds and would recommend to stick w the 50+g shafts. If you prefer heavier clubs. then you'd prefer 913 or R1. 

R1 for guys who r big/hard hitters who prefer heavier clubs. Its def a more "players" club.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:57 pm

This TM is confusing users. One RBZ stage 2 got 4 models on their web, S2, S2 TP, S2 Tour and S2 Tour TP. WTF.....
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 4:02 pm

enwee wrote:
This TM is confusing users. One RBZ stage 2 got 4 models on their web, S2, S2 TP, S2 Tour and S2 Tour TP. WTF.....
  <BR> It's been like that since the first RBZ model, marketing ploy to make you feel invincible.<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0; DISPLAY: none" id=sceditor-end-marker class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"></SPAN><SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0; DISPLAY: none" id=sceditor-start-marker class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"></SPAN>
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 9:24 am

enwee wrote:
In general, if one cannot convince you, he is better off to confuse you ... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2