Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?

Go down 
+24
abadan
Red8
slinger
hkhamateur
Rafj
marmarchen
MLP
Botak88
sob
mrkatsucurry
flashpacker
pocketace
asahi
gnorij
ironstarz
scottycollector
WILL33
costajos
shamusan
CoRN
enwee
Gabe
bigbanana14
rkangrah
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rkangrah
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? Empty
PostSubject: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:47 am

Watching this on you tube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aAjDuoKvoM&feature=related

This club claims extra 17 yards from your 3 wood.

In reality, RBZ owners do you get extra distance from this 3 wood?
Back to top Go down
bigbanana14
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 pm

For me, it was slightly longer on a clean strike compared to my Callaway. Not 17 yards longer though, probably 10m or less.
Back to top Go down
Gabe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 1:33 pm

I am actually considering to get this as well, after all the reviews on Youtube. Haven't been able to find comparing reviews as I understand that clubs might differ for all players.

I just hope that this driver (being my first driver) will be good for me.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 1:51 pm

Gabe wrote:
I am actually considering to get this as well, after all the reviews on Youtube. Haven't been able to find comparing reviews as I understand that clubs might differ for all players.

Publicity lah.....imho, all abt the same lah. But RBZ is now having good discount.
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoRN

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 2:43 pm

I do gain at least 10m from my 5-wood.

I was able to reach about 210m as compared to 200m when I was still using R11.

So, answer is yes. It does give me extra distance.
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 2:48 pm

enwee wrote:
Gabe wrote:

Publicity lah.....imho, all abt the same lah. But RBZ is now having good discount.

i'm not sure how well you hit your 3w but i used to hit my cobra S3 fw abt 220m off the deck and 235m off the tee, i'm hitting my rbz abt 230m off the deck and 250m off the tee... so all in all, i'd say that i'm gaining almost 17 yards....
Back to top Go down
costajos
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 2:57 pm

shamusan wrote:
enwee wrote:
Gabe wrote:

i'm not sure how well you hit your 3w but i used to hit my cobra S3 fw abt 220m off the deck and 235m off the tee, i'm hitting my rbz abt 230m off the deck and 250m off the tee... so all in all, i'd say that i'm gaining almost 17 yards....

erm... you hit 5i 220m too...
Back to top Go down
WILL33
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
WILL33

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:04 pm

shamusan wrote:
enwee wrote:
Gabe wrote:

No way to match your distance, 220m from fairway wood.

I am using RBZ Driver Regular Japanese specs. With this driver, I am hitting around 210m only, about 10m more than my previous Driver.

But if I use a bit more force on RBZ, the ball will fly way off the target.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:17 pm

part of the reason why the RBZ woods are longer is cos they come with shafts that are slightly longer than the normal FW length

it's a very common method that manufacturers use to "increase" your distance. manufacturers regularly lengthen and deloft their clubs and then claim that they have built a longer hitting club

the end result is that on a perfect hit, the RBZ woods will go further than other woods. However, the dispersion is likely to be worse due to the longer shaft.

As it is, FWs are difficult to hit. So using an even longer FW only makes it more difficult. so unless u can hit ur FW consistently well, u'r probably better off with a normal length FW, which will allow you to confidently pull it out of your bag when you are on the course, rather than limiting it to the feel-good shots on the range.

anyway, i'm currently using a R11 4 wood with a 5 wood length shaft. its the only way I can actually make use of it on the course

Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:32 pm

errm, i dont use a stock shaft.. i've changed my shaft to an aftermarket shaft and it is playing to a standard length.
Back to top Go down
ironstarz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
ironstarz

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Gabe wrote:

If you have a repeatable good swing , any driver can be good, for me is What a Face
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:42 pm

sham, my comments apply to the average golfer, which from what i've heard and read, you clearly are not

on a more serious note, there are other aspects of the rbz FW, in particular, the trampoline effect off the clubface, which gives it more distance. however, like i said, part of the reason for the extra distance is the longer stock shaft.
Back to top Go down
gnorij
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 7:45 pm

Tempted to get this driver from GD. $249.
know if can get this any cheaper elsewhere??
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:01 pm

gnorij wrote:
Tempted to get this driver from GD. $249.
know if can get this any cheaper elsewhere??
Transview lor, but must get either a hybrid or fairway, heard now even got a box of balls
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Some of the LPGA tour players changed to the RBZ for their woods for longer distances.
And it did work for them. Then again, theirs are probably tour-issued heads with some mods to it as compared to retail ones.

Having said that, one boobsy LPGA player once commented it does give her longer distances....but problem is it is also going left or right too much.

Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:54 pm

I got the standard 3 and 5 wood
Reshafted to fubuki alpha and play them shorter in club length (42" and 41" I think)

I find that I was able to get the RBZ 5 wood to distances that my old 3 can only achieve. Of course being able to hit a 5 wood more consistently than a 3 wood is a plus

The rbz 3 wood I used it mainly off the tee and the occasional off the deck shots

I was so happy with them that I got the rbz Tour driver also with fubuki alpha but only play to 45" length.

Good sticks, I like em much!
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:23 pm

Good technology, but i cant seem to use the US specs. Shaft too long
Back to top Go down
mrkatsucurry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mrkatsucurry

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 8:35 pm

You need speed for the rbz effect to kick in. 

Rbz does feel a little hotter than the r11, and the version feels even hotter. 

That said, I tried the stock rbz vs the other 3w at golf house. Didn't think there was any distance differences. Then I realized the guy gave me a rbz 5w. 

But again I felt you need to generate swing speed for the trampoline effect to kick in.
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 8:44 pm

The rbz 3 w is hot!At least 20 meters longer than my Cally Det 3W.
Back to top Go down
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 8:54 pm

My rbz drver is 10 m longer dan my old R9 using same shaft 

N its more forgiving atlease to me lar
Back to top Go down
MLP
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MLP

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:04 pm

The RBZ US Version 3wd - Reg against my R11s w/ Project X 6.5 Black went further by about 10-15m. The RBZ was about 240m and the R11 230m.
Back to top Go down
marmarchen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:30 pm

For a newbie like me... I love my RBZ 5 Wood as it is extremely easy to launch! Love the springy feel as well! Heard so much rave reviews about the Callaway Xhot and tried it at their demo but the feel was just.. dull and muted compared to the RBZ.
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Rafj

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 1:33 am

I've been experimenting with a few different shafts so I can't attribute my inceease in distance to the RBZ head alone but what I do notice is the ball seems to have an extended hang time in the air.....;-)
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:02 am

I ve two gd kakis goin back to RBZ driver after tryg out few others incl 913D3 n R9 Supertri! Smile 
And they re hittg it comfortably n consistently 240-260m. Cool 
Which they re hintg to me liao.Wink
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:03 am

Why RBZ? Stage 2 claimed it's even longer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?   Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you get extra distance from Taylormade RBZ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next