Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Football Talk

Go down 
+20
Swerve
S70B
nientsu
tookii
ckyc
Duval_S
TheFocalPoint
puteh83
golfamigo
ironfist
daveaha
nigelbob
pinhigh
Eltonjuan
Fishor
eiji
Victor3112
kopiO
Tituman
Khorkar
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who will WIN?
Liverpool
Football Talk - Page 2 I_vote_lcap36%Football Talk - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
Man U
Football Talk - Page 2 I_vote_lcap43%Football Talk - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
Draw
Football Talk - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Football Talk - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
pinhigh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pinhigh

Football Talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:21 am

Congrats Liverpool on the win ! Yeah, Liverpool fans rejoice ! Man Utd fans like me feeling lost !
What a timid performance, but give credit when it is due ! Pool's midfield were simply the better ! Great watching Mascherino n Lucas doing the damage ! Great for soccer in all !

Quote G.Neville : "i will gladly lose/lost both our games to Liverpool but still become the League Champions come May'2010 !" ha ha ha

Have a great week ahead all ! cheers
Back to top Go down
tookii
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:39 am

Long Live Liverpool!!!

Man U fans, I tot it is going for a draw when Valencia strikes hit the crossbar around the 85min.
Luckily Liverpool manages to last through... Good Game everyone.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:42 am

To all Manu fans...

The greatest enemy to Liverpool fans is not Manu, but the 2 stupid yank owners who helped us incur a 300m pound debt. These 2 yanks are 10 times worst than any Manu teams in history.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:50 am

nientsu wrote:
To all Manu fans...

... but the 2 stupid yank owners who helped us incur a 300m pound debt.....

Who is 'us' ? Football Talk - Page 2 Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:54 am

'us' means liverpool and all those who have feelings for Liverpool. Its 30m pound interest payment a year!!
Back to top Go down
Swerve
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:08 pm

Newsflash: Torres groin injury requires surgery and player is ruled out for the rest of the season.

Uh oh.

That leaves da pool with a strike force of Voronin, Ngog and Kuyt.

Thats one heck of a scary front line folks....that is to the bottom half of the table and the other pariah teams who take the Carling Cup seriously Wink
Back to top Go down
ifury
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:59 pm

HI Swerve,

where did you get this news?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:13 pm

Quote :
Swerve wrote:
Newsflash: Torres groin injury requires surgery and player is ruled out for the rest of the season.

Uh oh.

That leaves da pool with a strike force of Voronin, Ngog and Kuyt.

Thats one heck of a scary front line folks....that is to the bottom half of the table and the other pariah teams who take the Carling Cup seriously Wink

Thanks Brudder Swerve for the news. It is indeed bad news for folks like me as I am a die-hard KOP. Such latest and truth update fm you is very grateful.
Back to top Go down
Swerve
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:14 pm

ifury wrote:
HI Swerve,

where did you get this news?

Its made up by me bro Wink

Sorry bro Duval - I made that up just to prove a point Very Happy

But thats the point. That could potentially happen given Torres (much as I love and respect his skills) is pretty injury prone.

If that happens then what? Another 4 losses in a row?

United on the other hand, would not be affected as much, if say it was Rooney who was sidelined. They would still have Berbatov, Owen, Giggs, Valencia, etc who are proven goal scorers who can contribute at least 5 -10 goals each (and I'm being generous as plyers like Berbatov / Owen should be in the 20 goal per season category). Hell even Vidic chips in every so often and Ferdinand has stuck a few in as well.

This win is but a brief reprieve and I'm glad they rose to the occassion. But 4 losses already at this stage of the season is going to be tough to come back from. Especially if your key people are out injured.

Rafa really needs to buy at least 3 more proven players, not necessarily superstars, but competent subs to help the depth of their subs bench imo before they are competitive for the rest of the season.

Anyways just my 2c.

Merv

p.s...this may surprise you but I am actually a Man U fan! Wink
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:17 pm

errrr...which is the truth now? you ManU, Torres injured, 4 losses...etc etc...

aiyah....whatever you say, I believe lah...
Back to top Go down
ifury
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Well Said Swerve, this only prove that we need more finance!
Back to top Go down
Swerve
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:25 pm

Torres is not injured...yet.

And I am a die hard Man U fan, win or lose!

good luck pool, I do actually hope that you guys go on a run and give us more of a fight this year!
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:28 pm

Dude;

i am sure we will.... i am a die-hard Pool fan... its was a good game man, glad we drove back fast enough yest to catch the game...

well SAF will rant about the referee, i feel he had an ok game, both sides were lucky to get away with some fouls which should have been penalized...

so i guess like golf, you win some, you lose some..... luck of the ball...
Back to top Go down
lennylim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
lennylim

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:41 pm

trust that the man u fans here were smart enough not to buy any LFC beach balls and fatten the yanks' coffers, but if you did, well... nice souvenir then.

granted our problems ain't over, but SAF bawling at the touchline yesterday made a perfect end for my weekend, esp after the wonderful time we had at Legends.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:05 pm

I am a pool fan, i dont want to get my hopes too soon yet. They have been on a losing streak for weeks, 1 game win is nothing yet, there is a whole season to run for....
Back to top Go down
Swerve
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 6:33 pm

In all honesty I think Pool/Arsenal have a much weaker subs bench then Chelski/Man U.

That may not be a factor now but it will be a factor when players start getting injured and/or fatigue from the long season sets in after xmas.

That was why Aston Villa fizzled out after such a strong start last season. Mark my words the same is going to happen to Tottenham/City this season as well.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:27 pm

should man utd get another midfielder next transfer window? i find their midfield sorely lacking.. i get scared whenever nani or anderson gets the ball. the latter has been showing signs of improvement but the former just looks like michael jackson.
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:23 pm

another classic case of conspiracy(bookie) theory....

but what surprises me most, is that ManU and Pool fans can finally talk about one another's team!!
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:50 am

Khorkar wrote:
I am a pool fan, i dont want to get my hopes too soon yet. They have been on a losing streak for weeks, 1 game win is nothing yet, there is a whole season to run for....

Following my earlier comments. This one of the reason I am very critical about liverpool now.

Young Gunners sink Liverpool

LONDON - ARSENAL'S youngsters secured the most eye-catching scalp oftheir recent League Cup campaigns with a 2-1 victory over Liverpool in the fourth round on Wednesday.

Arsene Wenger's tyros deservedly booked their place in the
quarter-finals with a sprightly performance, capped by goals from Fran Merida - the Spanish youngster who was almost loaned to Levante inpre-season - and Nicklas Bendtner, one of the few home players on show with significant first team experience.

Liverpool could harbour few complaints at the result, despite Emiliano Insua's well-struck first-half equaliser.

Defeat ensured the bubble of optimism blown up by Sunday's win over Manchester United was quickly pricked, although manager Rafael Benitez will console himself with the knowledge that this tournament ranked a distant fourth on his list of priorities.

For Benitez it was a chance to see whether the sweeping changes he made to Liverpool's youth system in 2007, which included instigating a globe-trotting recruitment policy based, conveniently enough, on Arsenal's academy, had born fruit.

Wenger, meanwhile, was been more interested in assessing the fitness of Samir Nasri, the French international who has become something of a forgotten man in north London having missed the last three months with a broken leg. -- AFP
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:53 am

Yea....But Liverpool played with the reserve team too. Kuyt was the captain of the day. Good thing is Aquailani showed good potential.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:55 am

See my avatar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:17 am

daveaha wrote:
See my avatar.

haha! Bro, i can see that u r really a Toon diehard fan...
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:24 am

Seiko wrote:
daveaha wrote:
See my avatar.

haha! Bro, i can see that u r really a Toon diehard fan...

Half of my life I spent by supporting NUFC. But probably my total life span also will be cut to half by supporting that team...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:30 am

Haha! now I think I know y u feel sad yesterday..u must wondering y there are no oil dripping at backyard right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football Talk   Football Talk - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Football Talk
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2