Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Giving strokes vs stableford point

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Giving strokes vs stableford point Empty
PostSubject: Giving strokes vs stableford point   Giving strokes vs stableford point I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:48 pm

Folks

Over tha past weeks here in Mauritius, I noticed the locals like a bit of a wager just like us. The only difference is they don't ask for 3-3 or 4-4 etc

They trust the official hcp maintained and play according to stableford points. They don't ask what your gross score is. They ask the points so eg is 33 points vs 35 points as opposed to 90 vs 86.

So at the end of the rounds they look at points to determine winner between the 4 players. I kinda find that a 'neater' way to determine winner too

Just wonder why we never do stableford system into our weekly foursomes in sg? Anyway the giving and acceptance of strokes is so arbitrary. just a thought. Your views?
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes vs stableford point   Giving strokes vs stableford point I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:12 am

Stableford is probably the most popular scoring system in Oz and NZ, most weekly comps use this system.

I think the issue here is not many people understand it.

But it means you can blow a few holes and still win.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes vs stableford point   Giving strokes vs stableford point I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Stableford is actually good for pace of play as well.

Once you are at net double bogey you can pick up as there are no points to be awarded past net bogey.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes vs stableford point   Giving strokes vs stableford point I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:43 pm

Great way to compete IF majority of the golfers submit their scorecards for handicapping.

For those who don't submit, they will declare their own handicap and that can be very subjective. I have met a lot of Mr Universe 24 hdcppers. Would you want to play with them when your handicap is tabulated the proper way and theirs are self declared?

The nett stableford format is a great format for friendly competitions when played amongst a regular group of golfers. I happen to be is such a group and our weekly Saturday games are a lot of fun as the winner will win thepool money and then use it to pay for F&B for the day. Sometimes we may even get as many as 16 players and winning on that particular day is very rewarding.

We have a treasurer and captain who are responsible for tabulating the handicaps of the golfers. No such thing as buaya in here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giving strokes vs stableford point   Giving strokes vs stableford point I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Giving strokes vs stableford point
Page 1 of 1