Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)

Go down 
+21
shamusan
S70B
zhenxua
slinger
Birdman
simoner
sob
nrafee
pushslice
meia07656
eiji
DRGjr72
Begbie
chien
Slicer51
drawbias
duffader
Duval_S
asahi
teegem
DGman
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

"This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) Empty
PostSubject: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 12:17 pm

Golf Enrichment Programme in Chiang Mai

I was thinking of a way to name this thread and there are some many possibilities so we just want to keep this simple.

Conceptual Target:

Golfers who plays in the single to 18 handicap, who aims to play sub 90 and sub 80 scores. They are probably looking to strengthen parts of their game without making big changes to their technique but at the same time will approach instructions with an open mind.

They are in a hurry and have not time to spend months changing their game but will rather have everything at one go.

So we set out the objective to the coaches and I have also tested them to see how they fare. You will not find any video analysis or comparison to PGA players to model your swing upon and the job of the coaches will be to polish raw gems (if one has the swing to match).

This is not something that someone who is new at golf should undergo.

Objective

Short game

Introduce golfers to using different ways of tackling the greens and pin positions

Providing an environment to allow them to practice and progress in the areas of wedge use and putting

Bringing what they have learned and practice into the game itself. They will have opportunities to use different approaches and discover how it will help them build better confidence, execute different variety of play and achieve lower scores.

Long game

Learn to hit it straighter and longer – irons and woods

Learn to manage the course – when to attack and when to play safe

Play with the pros and see how each one sees opportunities differently

Overall

By combining what one have learned, they will be able to evaluate their own game from a different perspective.

Golfers will think before they make a decision and with a clearer strategy for each hole, thus the task of lowering scores becomes instinctive and spontaneous.

Last but not least, learn in a fun environment, get to practice and play in challenging conditions on the same day and get corrected during and after the game. It will make you improve faster and the lessons will stay with you infinitely.

These are conditions that are difficult to find in Singapore because of the lack of training facilities and rules at the golf courses.

To kick this off, we organised a Golf Enrichment Programme for 2 golfers. Dennis who is trained by Pro B is a 2.8 handicapper who plays in the 70s but on the big events, he feels that he is let down by his short game and composure. Jared is a PGA B pro and wants to shoot consistently to even par or lower and also get his full pro status.

Here are the pictures….

usually starts with getting to know the golfer's skill level

"This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) 7792183948_698ec923e1_z

"This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) 7792183214_32ef68c136_z

"This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) 7792183030_3b99e20f64_z

"This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) 7792183686_e64facb5f0_z

"This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) 7792184408_c148d55a15_z

evaluation on the course....

"This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) 7792182584_8e7bce1eda_z

"This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) 7792185050_39477acb9d_z

Pro Tor showing how its done....

"This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) 7792184560_220cbab95d_z

short game practice

"This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) 7792184800_59eb212016_z

"This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) 7792185478_d3a1bb1ede_z

"This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) 7792186346_7b234d172a_z

bring the learning straight to the course on a daily basis

"This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) 7792186136_c525eb5cc3_z

Jared literally practice until his arse split

"This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) 7799324220_cc84072943_z

On a side note, both players played against their instructors and were awed that Pro Tor managed 6 birdies and 1 eagle in one game. Of course they were also inspired by Pro Bee legendary short game abilities. as they were putting in a little bet to test their mettle, it provided the fun, pressure, thinking and skills which they will not forget to bring to their own game.

The task of training was placed on Pro Bee and Pro Tor and besides training some of the finest talent in North Thailand, both plays on the Thai Tour when the opportunities arise. They both hold playing and teaching privileges on the Thai PGA.

We have also asked for an independent evaluation from a NCAP certified coach who went along for observation and here is her evaluation……

"Spent 7 days in Chiang Mai and the intense golf training was.. INTENSE but fulfilling.

A typical training day will be something like this (but varies):-

9am to 1030am - Range and Short Game Practice
11am - 9 or 18 holes, Lunch
4pm to 5pm - Range
6pm - 9 Holes

The pros will teach the swing at the range and on-course, they will discuss course management, techniques and how to deal with mental game. On-course training is good because the pros can constantly point out what needs to be improved after each shot and they also drop balls at different distances to familiar the player's range for each club.

In my opinion, their teachings are WAY easier than most of the training that I have seen which tend to be very technical. Lessons in Sg can 60% talking and 40% executing. For the Thai Pros, their teachings are simple and easy to execute with maximum efficiency. They believe that with easier techniques, one can perform better under stressful conditions (competition/ betting), you can execute the swing easily without too much swing thoughts.

Pro Tor was assigned to Jared and Pro Bee to Dennis. Both Pros have different swing thoughts and teaches different techniques but they were equally dedicated and spent a lot of time with us during the 7 days.

For Jared, his short game improved tremendously. His 100 yards and below was almost 99% on target when i played with them. His long game is consistent and the pros didn't try to change it too much since they feel that it's good enough. Maybe just remind him of some bad habits in his swing. For Dennis, Pro Bee changed a lot of thing. Grip, Finishing, Short Game and Putting. The initial change was difficult due to the changes, but he's swinging more consistently now and the pros taught him a lot on course management and mental game.

Pro Bee is a legend in short game. His style of short game is more of the low chip with spin and accuracy. Flop shots are not his usual style but he can do it easily anyways. Pro Tor is good in both power training and short game. He focuses on game plan (course management) and his short game uses the "pick & throw" technique using the right hand. Both methods are equally good and you can listen to both of their teachings and use the more comfortable approach for yourself.

Although each pro is assigned to one student, they did not restraint themselves in terms of teaching. They teach whatever they can to whoever who wants to learn - not selfish and no holding back. Learning is intense, but not stressful.

They will bet small amount for every round of golf, just to add in the competitive mentality in the game. It's all good and losing money is just another form of paying the fees…..taking it objectively.

The training is good and the pros are dedicated. The usual training starts from 9am to 8pm, but the Pros did not complain about being tired or spending too much time with us. Instead, they not only golf with us, they took care of us and brought us out for lunch/dinner and ferry us to the hotel whenever need be. Everyone is friendly and although communication might be choppy but in terms of golf, we are on the same page.

However, I feel that for optimum results, training should be at least between 10 - 14 days or more. 7 days was a bit cramped and if you need to do some major changes, you usually see the results after a week or so. 7 days might be too short and too intense for some. It'll be very tiring at the end of the day but there's nothing a cheap Thai Massage can't cure (available everywhere). We stayed at a hotel about 5 min drive to the range and hotel provides us with transportation thru and fro the range. Accommodation cost about SGD$450 for 7 days and food per meal will be about SGD$5/meal if you don't go to any fancy restaurant.

All in all, it's a very good training program and both Jared and Dennis will definitely go back again soon."

the identity of our own "spy" ......who got free lessons in the process.....

Dennis spend some time with me going through the paces and he confided that it's the best money he has spent so far on golf (equipment included).

"This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) 7820410064_c1b95180d2_z

FINALLY..

for those keen golfers who are struggling to find answers to their stagnant game and who find it difficult to get their fix because of work commitment and prefer to get in shape in a short time, this may be a solution for you.

again its not for those who are new are golf but the seasoned players who have hit a plateau in their game.

ideal pax size is 1 to 2, max 3 persons and instructional cost will vary depending on size. it should start at SG $1000 for a 3 day learning, practice and playing programme which may take up to 5 days to complete.

for more information, do come by the Den for a chat.

hope it will help those who are looking to improve their game find their answers.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
teegem
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
teegem

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 1:22 pm

Dear Eric, this is good and should see interests around the region. By the way who is the spy. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:35 pm

This is truly inspiring, aspiring and perspiring stuff!

Thanks for sharing, Eric.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:44 pm

Dear Boss,

might be good for you to reference against someone on what you meant when you said 'seasoned player hitting plateau'?

I volunteer myself to be your reference .....for which I believe I wont be suitable. Correct boh?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:47 pm

No wonder the strong 19 hcp that I played with from laguna is so good!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:50 pm

If I am my mistaken, the 'spy' should be Ping Ping!

Very Happy

Any prize for getting it correct?!

Razz
Back to top Go down
drawbias
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
drawbias

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:35 pm

duffader wrote:

U mean the 19 hcp went thru the program??? No wonder he gamed wif $30 driver n still can Tarik ... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Dear Boss,

might be good for you to reference against someone on what you meant when you said 'seasoned player hitting plateau'?

Good question, I would like to know too.... 18 can ?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:26 pm

drawbias wrote:
duffader wrote:

U mean the 19 hcp went thru the program??? No wonder he gamed wif $30 driver n still can Tarik ... Suspect

Ah ber then..... He show the real meaning of Indian more important than arrow!
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Eric.

Do you need another test case or experiment ??

Please feel free to rope me in for any future episode...

Btw, why was it done in Chiang Mai?? Cos of costs or location of the pros ?

Any other location moored as I am keen.. cheers

Thanks !!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:46 pm

No need reference. i know how good Pro Bee and Pro Tor are cos i am their ATM.

For those who are keen to find out more, do visit us at the Den for a chat.

we are sending a -0.3 handicapper player for intensive training so it shows how much confidence i have in those guys.

i am sure we can organise something for those who are playing up to 20 handicap. SSquirel was one of those who went a long time back. i play with the TSS masters quite a bit and i can assure you his short game was never like this before he went for his golf enrichment programme.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:49 pm

This redefines the whole concept of mountain training !! Awesome ..
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:11 pm

One on one training with quality instructors who look over all facets of your game can be extremely beneficial. They can point out things you may not notice, provide a different perspective on playing a hole/shot, or even highlight weaknesses that you did not know existed. They can also confirm strengths in your game, thus reinforcing mentally that those are areas where you are strong.

These revelations can make considerable difference in one's game and scores.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Eric, I am interested...i think my employee also interested. But I am not sharing a room with him...his snoring is LEGENDARY.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:40 am

may not be the best idea for the 2 of you to do it at the same time unless we use 2 different coach or send him to the archery court nearby.

i can imagine what its like to share the same room but at S$32, do you need to share room instead of missing a good night rest.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:49 am

I go look for you soon, definitely keen to go for boot camp.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:57 am

Crap! You couldn't have posted this earlier, I just spent my last 18 days with the wife when I could have been having fun.
18 days of pain with no gain. Think BTK without the K.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:15 am

and the most fun part is you could have sent your wife to learn thai cooking. that way, you can have thai food everyday.

"I just spent my last 18 days with the wife when I could have been having fun.".....????? i hope she don't see this.

DGman
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:22 am

DGman wrote:
and the most fun part is you could have sent your wife to learn thai cooking. that way, you can have thai food everyday.

"I just spent my last 18 days with the wife when I could have been having fun.".....????? i hope she don't see this.

DGman
How to enjoy cheap massage with wife around? The purpose is to run far far away.
After 25 years of marriage, i run slower each year and her arms gets longer.
How's that for a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:24 am

DGman wrote:

DGman

Eric , i am pretty sure he wants his wife to see this. Its a public forum.

@meia07765543678865544

We knew u were in pain and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Sorry OT hor
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:28 am

honestly is the best policy....i like your frankness.......

sounds like a anchovy wrapped up by an octopus, its a scary thought.

guys this training is not available all year round as the pros do have to play on tour and forward scheduling and booking is essential. Pro Bee only takes 6 students in a year and he is paid upfront leaving him room to play on tour as well as cater to teaching the professionals.

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:37 pm

DGman wrote:
may not be the best idea for the 2 of you to do it at the same time unless we use 2 different coach or send him to the archery court nearby.

i can imagine what its like to share the same room but at S$32, do you need to share room instead of missing a good night rest.

I agree wholeheartedly! That fella may just have funny designs on Eiji come night fall, what with his KLJ inclinations.

affraid affraid affraid

Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 2:54 pm

great news...

looks like Jared got his ROI today. he secured his Pro A Card shooting 75 and 72 at the SPGA event.

His "trained until arse split" investment has paid off handsomely.

DGman
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 3:17 pm

whoa powerrr training!

I'm very interested...this will require meticulous planning and elaborate strategy to obtain a visa of 7 days of golf in Thailand. but its looks damn fun and full filling. I'm gonna start earning cookie points fr this week on.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 3:31 pm

pushslice wrote:
whoa powerrr training!

I'm very interested...this will require meticulous planning and elaborate strategy to obtain a visa of 7 days of golf in Thailand. but its looks damn fun and full filling. I'm gonna start earning cookie points fr this week on.

i am very bad with wife management (not just course management). dun even know how to broach the subject...

oh well.. maybe next time..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)   "This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"This Thread WILL IMPROVE your golf!!!!" (very long with lots of pics)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next