Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO)

Go down 
+4
bryanachong
shorthitter
IGT
8 posters
AuthorMessage
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO) Empty
PostSubject: Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO)   Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:59 pm

I posted this incident (i personally experienced) on a seperate forum a couple of days back buy have yet to get the inputs/final verdict that i am pleased with. Appreciate your feedback and inputs here. Thx

===================================================================

1 flight, 4 balls, shared buggy, played partnership matchplay A+B against Y+Z.

Partners were not seated on the same buggy i.e. A shared buggy with Y; and B shared with Z.

Now, A took his second shot, the ball hit a tree, ricocheted then hit the buggy driven by Z (B was sitting next to Z when A took his shot) and landed on the fairway.

If the ball missed the buggy, it would have gone OB ( after the buggy track).

Now, the war begun..... A claimed Y+Z lost the hole coz Z drove the buggy i.e. deemed as part of the equipment.

Z fought back saying that B who was A's partner was on the same buggy with him.

A jumped in saying that B was there but B didn't drive.

Z up A saying that B's golf bag was in the buggy i.e. A's partner equipment

So, what is the ruling here?

The fight continued til 2am! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO)   Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:38 pm

How big is the bet?
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO)   Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Tricky one, normally if you are playing partners then their equipment is your equipment, so loss of hole.

However descions come into play...

decisions 19/1
Ball Deflected or Stopped by Golf Cart Shared by Two Players

Under the Definition of Equipment, equipment includes a golf cart, whether or not motorised. If two players share a golf cart, the cart and everything in it are deemed to be the equipment of the player whose ball is involved; except that, when the cart is being moved by one of the players, the cart and everything in it are deemed to be that player's equipment.
Thus, for example, in a match, if A and B are sharing a cart and A's ball in motion is deflected or stopped by the cart, A loses the hole (Rule 19-2a) unless the cart is being driven or pulled by B when the incident occurs. If B is driving or pulling the cart, there is no penalty, and A would have the option of playing his ball as it lies or replaying the stroke (Rule 19-3).

So this says that who is driving at the time it is their equipment..
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
bryanachong
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bryanachong

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO)   Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:13 pm

Golf is a gentleman sport. Come on Beer
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO)   Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:49 am

This is not an issue related with betting or being a gnetleman. We should see this argument constructively.

At times, a just war is better than an unjust peace. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO)   Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:16 pm

sounds to me as "help from outside agency" as Z an A are not same team...

so play as it lies on the fairway?
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO)   Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:20 pm

It is very clearly stated eqpt is the person who is moving it (i.e. driving it). If the buggy is stationery, then it would be eqpt of both players. Since Z is driving it, so it belongs to Z (opponent).

Since Z is the opponent, under rule 19-3, there is no penalty and A may cancel the stroke and play from last position, or count the stroke and play as it lies.

Definition
“Equipment” is anything used, worn or carried by the player or anything carried for the player by his partner or either of their caddies, except any ball he has played at the hole being played and any small object, such as a coin or a tee, when used to mark the position of a ball or the extent of an area in which a ball is to be dropped. Equipment includes a golf cart, whether or not motorised.

Note 1: A ball played at the hole being played is equipment when it has been lifted and not put back into play.

Note 2: When a golf cart is shared by two or more players, the cart and everything in it are deemed to be the equipment of one of the players sharing the cart.
If the cart is being moved by one of the players (or the partner of one of the players) sharing it, the cart and everything in it are deemed to be that player’s equipment. Otherwise, the cart and everything in it are deemed to be the equipment of the player sharing the cart whose ball (or whose partner’s ball) is involved.

Rule 19-3
If a player’s ball is accidentally deflected or stopped by an opponent, his caddie or his equipment, there is no penalty. The player may, before another stroke is made by either side, cancel the stroke and play a ball, without penalty, as nearly as possible at the spot from which the original ball was last played (Rule 20-5) or he may play the ball as it lies. However, if the player elects not to cancel the stroke and the ball has come to rest in or on the opponent’s or his caddie’s clothes or equipment, the ball must through the green or in a hazard be dropped, or on the putting green be placed, as near as possible to the spot directly under the place where the ball came to rest in or on the article, but not nearer the hole.

Exception: Ball striking person attending or holding up flagstick or anything carried by him – see 17-3b.
(Ball purposely deflected or stopped by opponent or caddie – see Rule 1-2)

Back to top Go down
Suzuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO)   Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Aiyo, don't bet lah... don't need to argue... whatever it hit, just play where it lies. to me A not gentelmen lah, the ball still on fairway mah, why he argue, if don't have the buggy, the ball went OB, he should thank Z instead.

Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO)   Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:54 pm

Hm.....hm...think its nt how big is e bets bt rather how many times has A lost instead!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO)   Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Advice and Ruling on the following incident (This is hot and ROFLMAO)
Page 1 of 1