Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie saying hello and asking about golf clubs (AD vs PI)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nkartikeyan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbie saying hello and asking about golf clubs (AD vs PI) Empty
PostSubject: Newbie saying hello and asking about golf clubs (AD vs PI)   Newbie saying hello and asking about golf clubs (AD vs PI) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Hello Fellow Golf Republicans,

Got introduced to this game and started taking lessons this year.

Someone mentioned this community to me and I thought I sign up and be a part of the community.

So this is me saying hello! :-)

Working towards my getting my handicap and enjoying this wonderful game.

I was wondering if anyone could answer my newbie question while we are here.

What are the real differences between buying a set of parallel imported vs authorized imported clubs. Apart from the obvious cost issues, are there any significant differences in quality? I understand that warranty will not cover PI Clubs. Hoping someone could help me shed some light on this? Considering whether I should save some money and buy PI or save some money and purchase imported clubs.

I'm currently using a set of 'Hand Me Down' Clubs which are quite old. I can still play with them but, the golf club head is a little on the heavy side and the shaft appears to be a little heavy & stiff as well.

Thank you for your time.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hello and asking about golf clubs (AD vs PI)   Newbie saying hello and asking about golf clubs (AD vs PI) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi there think its all the same as with cars etc.. PI clubs are still original and genuine altho the official agents will always warn you that they may be fakes tho they will not outrightly say so for obvious reasons... go hv a word with the parallel importers eg one great discount shop somewhere in ubi and he will enlighten u on his stance why he brings them in and sells at such everyday low prices.. PM me if u dunno the shop name ... everyone has a reason for doing so...
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hello and asking about golf clubs (AD vs PI)   Newbie saying hello and asking about golf clubs (AD vs PI) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:15 pm

Well as always ... Do visit creative golf for smtg tat maybe newer then hand me downs...
Back to top Go down
nkartikeyan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Thanks!   Newbie saying hello and asking about golf clubs (AD vs PI) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yup, I know the place your talking about :-) Just wanted to be careful in my first few posts. Test the waters.

I have met people who only buy from authorised shops and others who don't seem to mind.

I read some stuff online that even though you pay X dollars for your club. Doesn't mean that you get the full package.

I.e. shaft is supposed to be top of the line shaft but doesn't make sense how they can offer the high quality shaft with a low price point.

So, the only explanation would be that manufacturers themselves are using cheaper quality shafts.

:-( Still can't PM for now hope to do that soon.

Thanks. Been checking out far east. Will head to creative golf soon.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hello and asking about golf clubs (AD vs PI)   Newbie saying hello and asking about golf clubs (AD vs PI) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:28 pm

yups buying clubs in todays overcrowded marketplace is a big headache indeed!

theres as u hv rightly put, the AUTHORISED OFFICIAL AGENTS/ DEALERS BRANDS and PARALLEL IMPORTED r GREY MARKET goods... theres also the bunch of CLONES (sometimes called REPLICAs) of branded clubs... there's also the JDM or JAPAN DOMESTIC MARKET goods (supposedly higher quality then their exported counterparts) and of course the GENUINE FAKES (mostly emanating from China - some say they are not exactly fakes but overruns but its hard to tell lor).. Then theres the SECONDHAND PRE-OWNED PRE-LOVED clubs (mixture of above) and like a car, u really dunno where they hv been to and or if kena accident or not ..LOL

So best bring a learned experienced fren along to help decipher the bewildering array out there!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hello and asking about golf clubs (AD vs PI)   Newbie saying hello and asking about golf clubs (AD vs PI) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:00 am

Hello nkartikeyan, welcome to GR. Very Happy
Yr enquiry was answer well by our bro jeffman & pippin. Wink
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hello and asking about golf clubs (AD vs PI)   Newbie saying hello and asking about golf clubs (AD vs PI) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:21 am

shd hear from the Shifu leh... hkhamateur... pls share leh Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hello and asking about golf clubs (AD vs PI)   Newbie saying hello and asking about golf clubs (AD vs PI) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie saying hello and asking about golf clubs (AD vs PI)
Page 1 of 1