Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!! Empty
PostSubject: Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!!   Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:56 pm

Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green
By Laura Crimaldi

Tuesday, October 13, 2009.

The Secret Service has been called in to investigate a swastika found carved into the grounds at the Lakeville Country Club next to the name of President Obama.

“It’s being investigated,” said Steven Ricciardi, the special agent in charge for the Secret Service’s Boston office. He declined further comment.

Country club grounds keepers found the letter “I,” a swastika and the name “Obama” dug into the green at the 18th hole early yesterday morning, said golf course owner Gary Mosca.

“I said, ‘This is sick,’ ” said Mosca, whose home is also located on the 18th hole. “They are going to do this stuff and cause a problem just to be anti-establishment or just to be tough guys. Their minds are probably demented enough to think of anything.”

Mosca said his staff alerted the Lakeville police to the incident yesterday morning. He said he has not spoken with anyone from the Secret Service or Lakeville police.

The vandals either used their heels or a board to carve the message, which is about 20 by 30 feet, Mosca said. He said the vandals did not dig in deep enough to damage the root system and he plans to turn the swastika into a box.

Mosca, who has owned the golf course for 20 years, said he didn’t hear anything during the early morning hours on Monday when the vandals cut up the green with their hateful message just a few hundred yards from his home.

He said the area where the vandalism occurred has no lighting or surveillance cameras. He added the vandalism is not visible from the road.

Mosca is an Obama admirer. He said he wrote the president a letter in January asking him to direct some of the billions of dollars distributed to shore up the nation’s banking system to middle-class business owners like himself who are struggling in the bad economy.

“I love the president,” said Mosca. “I think he’s a great guy.”

Whoa ! Only happen in USA !!! Shocked

Hmmmmmm....i would love some to have my name carve my name on Singapore Golf course like... " I LOVE UNCLE LAU ! " or " GO UNCLE GO !!!! WE SUPPORT YOU !!!! " Shocked

Wouldn't it be nice ?

ROFL
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!!   Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 6:33 am

no picture. no talk.

Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!! 2208994580_a86045b40d_o
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!!   Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:54 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
no picture. no talk.

Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!! 2208994580_a86045b40d_o

THIS PHOTO LOOKS familiar
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!!   Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 5:24 pm

Aiyo still learning to post my own avatar...how to post picture leh....i old man lah not young and steady ! Laughing

UL
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!!   Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:39 pm

Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!! Swastika-420x0
(From the Brisbane Times)
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!!   Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 8:37 pm

ooo..... C-RI-RIOUS ah?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!!   Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:43 pm

Thanks TZ ! Hey you free lets have tea break and you could teach me to post picture and create my own Avatar ! What you say ?????

Beer
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!!   Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 10:42 pm

UL, for you no problem Smile Let me know when and where Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!!   Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swastika, Obama’s name carved into golf course green !!!
Page 1 of 1