Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

golf shoe chat

Go down 
+20
duffader
teegem
Tloc
ChrisD
shimizu.toruk
crayon33
jeffman88
simoner
chien
JohnBGLee
scottycollector
eiji
renode
pushslice
pocketace
AC
audi
enwee
bogeyman72
mi5trooper
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:09 pm

I have a pair of golf shoe i brought at golf direct. price was quite good, i think is 30-40. when i test wear it, it feel comfort. when i wear it to range, still ok. but when i wear it to green, after 7-9 hole, the feet start to feel the stress.

i guess it feel like wearing those massage shoe. the ball point at the foot feel the pressure and after a long time, the feet get very uncomfortable. i even have cramp after 16 hole. i guest it is the point where all the spike are screw into that is the pressure point becos the spike are longer then the sole only the shoe. (i guess again only).

i try putting insole and it work for a few hrs more, then same thing happen. i now how 2 insole in the shoe. i try remove the spike and wear it for a day, i fee the pressure is very much less. i also guess my very heavy weight is part of the issue becos i have the same problem in my shoe until i get my first nike shoe. and i find that i need all the thick shoe so that my feet is not press to the ground. ok i admit i am weak too. and my body is quite retard to feeling, but wear for a long time to know feet hurt or not.

anyway, after all i have trouble shoot, the next logical thing to do is change shoe. But then what brand to buy? i was at golf direct buying balls and saw this FJ shoe. the spike is not very much longer then the shoe base. i think this should be better. it is price at $99 but the sales say is offering now on 59.

any one try this shoe before? i was actually thinking of trying the addidas but FJ seem fine too. i hope to get some feedback on shoe, esp from "heavy loaded" people like me.

Cheers mate.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:25 pm

Bro, are you flat footed?
Back to top Go down
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 11:54 pm

not really flat foot - say by the doctor last time.

but i have small/short foot consider my weight and height. and weight does play a big part. i think about 10 yrs ago, i used nike air model and stick to it cos the foot does not hurt so much after long day.

actually, any thick shoe works for my foot. nike air is thick cos they have to place the air sole in between. then the insole also play a part. the army boots in sole works best for me too.

something like platform. hehe...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:43 am

mi5trooper wrote:
not really flat foot - say by the doctor last time.

but i have small/short foot consider my weight and height. and weight does play a big part. i think about 10 yrs ago, i used nike air model and stick to it cos the foot does not hurt so much after long day.

actually, any thick shoe works for my foot. nike air is thick cos they have to place the air sole in between. then the insole also play a part. the army boots in sole works best for me too.

something like platform. hehe...
Then why don't you put your army boots insole into you golf shoe and try, or maybe your feet like expensive shoes. Try on Tour 360, Adipure or the top end of FJ and see.
Back to top Go down
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:51 am

i did. i place the insole in and after feeling not enough. i place 2 insole. i still feel hurt.

so now my choose is to buy new one.

thanks for the feedback

have you wear FJ? does it feel thick?
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:22 pm

FJ is good. very comfortable. you should go and try it
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 1:36 pm

mi5trooper wrote:
i did. i place the insole in and after feeling not enough. i place 2 insole. i still feel hurt.

so now my choose is to buy new one.

thanks for the feedback

have you wear FJ? does it feel thick?
FJ the top end one are very good but entry level like the good joy, the soles also not so lasting. I know there's a lot fo footjoy lover here, but for me I buy value for money. Normally the top end of FJ like the tour type also don't come cheap and in sales, it's not as cheap as Adidas Tour 360 so I choose that. Btw I'm not sure abt the people here, I met this golfer on course wearing a FJ with the BOA system told me it's not so good cos it'll come loose after some times....
Back to top Go down
AC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
AC

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:02 pm

Does anyone know if there's a study on different brands of golf shoes on one's golf swing?

Recently playing crap golf and trying to find blame somewhere Very Happy

But seriously, notice that posture / ball positioning is somewhat different when i wear my nike airmax look-a-like (casual streetwear models) and that of my taylormades.

Do pros change golf shoes at all? or stick to one model throughout the season?
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:23 pm

I'll never buy Nike golf shoes. Too many bad experiences with them in the past due to poor waterproofing and tendency for the front to open up. Most nike golf shoes (I had 2 pairs before) lasted me less than a year, this despite even buying their top of the range Tiger Woods edition back then. That's my experience anyway, some of the bros here may have better luck with em.

Now I interchange between a pair of FJ Sports (less than 1 year) and a pair of Adidas Tour 360 (used for 2 years). If I'm honest, I'll buy Adidas shoes again in a heartbeat. Their extra wide fits my wide soles better and fitting is snug and comfy. Design wise its more forward looking. They last and last... But I'll avoid their lower end models, you get what you pay for

FJ Sport is a bit too narrow for my liking (despite buying their Wide fit), design is more understated. I had the FJ Contours before, very comfy but the inside wears out (peeling) and design is very dated.

Just sharing my experience, others may feel differently. You just have to try them out. Puma makes some sleek looking ones these days!
Back to top Go down
AC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
AC

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Tks for sharing pocketace.

Which gives you better repeatable posture and more consistent ball striking? Your FJs or 360?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:41 pm

I have a Nike shoe from a golfpunk outing. Not a big fan. Quite comfy but the laces keep getting loose and waterproofing also an issue. Cleats seem to hold a little bit longer

My favorite is FJ Contour Extra/Double wide. They are not ex, really last and pretty comfy. Good waterproofing. good lace. however, the softspike cleats on FC contour don't last long. Maybe I change at least two, if not three times a year. I have old taste so yeah the designs are dated compared to the cooler brands like Puma but still ok for me Laughing

Interested to try FJ XPS but price is a bit too ex right now.
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:42 pm

As what pocketace said, can't go wrong with adidas tour 360. My tour 360 3.0 is abt a year long and it's comfy and pleasing to eye.

It's that gd that I bought the 360 4.0 model as a backup to this pair during sale and have not open them yet.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:43 pm

Treat your feet right.

A proper pair of shoes can prevent injuries, give you a stable base and keeps your feet dry when it gets wet.

If you are a regular golfer, consider spending a bit more to get a better pair of shoe.

I wear ECCOs because their shoes always fit me well. I have a "normal" golf ecco biom and "casual" ecco street premiere.

Looking to buy a new shoe soon and was thinking between FJ XPS and Adidas Tour 360 ATV
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:58 pm

if comfort is important to u, then u may not want to get the low end Footjoy aka green joys. the soles are very stiff and will tend to make your feet sore after 18 holes. at the minimum, u should go for their mid range model eg AQL.

u may also want to consider spikeless golf shoes. i switched to a pair of truelinkswear phx. the most comfortable golf shoes i've had.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:04 pm

AC wrote:

Which gives you better repeatable posture and more consistent ball striking? Your FJs or 360?

If you're looking for some balls striking/posture help from the shoe, try the FJ XPS. I really felt steady and balanced throughout the swing. A tad heavy tho'
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:48 pm

AC wrote:

Uh... For me it would be good instruction, positive practice, and play as much golf as possible. Shoes? Oh I just wear the pair that matches my outfit for the day tongue
Back to top Go down
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:57 pm

Correct/Right size matters.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm

Sorry to hijack your thread mi5trooper... Very Happy

Just wondering whether any of the good guys here have experienced spikeless golf shoes and which ones are light soft and comfy ??

Many thanks guys !! cheers

Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:07 pm

chien wrote:

Just wondering whether any of the good guys here have experienced spikeless golf shoes and which ones are light soft and comfy ??

I loved my adidas adistreet. Heard adicross is similar.

IMHO, good grip from the shoes - on and off the course.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:11 pm

chien wrote:

I using a pair of adicross now, cannot comment much on course as I had never used it on course yet. But it's good to go on range as I do not have to bring extra shoes/slippers
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:17 pm

mi5trooper wrote:
I have a pair of golf shoe i brought at golf direct. price was quite good, i think is 30-40. when i test wear it, it feel comfort. when i wear it to range, still ok. but when i wear it to green, after 7-9 hole, the feet start to feel the stress.

i guess it feel like wearing those massage shoe. the ball point at the foot feel the pressure and after a long time, the feet get very uncomfortable. i even have cramp after 16 hole. i guest it is the point where all the spike are screw into that is the pressure point becos the spike are longer then the sole only the shoe. (i guess again only).

i try putting insole and it work for a few hrs more, then same thing happen. i now how 2 insole in the shoe. i try remove the spike and wear it for a day, i fee the pressure is very much less. i also guess my very heavy weight is part of the issue becos i have the same problem in my shoe until i get my first nike shoe. and i find that i need all the thick shoe so that my feet is not press to the ground. ok i admit i am weak too. and my body is quite retard to feeling, but wear for a long time to know feet hurt or not.

anyway, after all i have trouble shoot, the next logical thing to do is change shoe. But then what brand to buy? i was at golf direct buying balls and saw this FJ shoe. the spike is not very much longer then the shoe base. i think this should be better. it is price at $99 but the sales say is offering now on 59.

any one try this shoe before? i was actually thinking of trying the addidas but FJ seem fine too. i hope to get some feedback on shoe, esp from "heavy loaded" people like me.

Cheers mate.

perhaps its your stance and posture.. Are u putting too much weight/ pressure on the ball point of the feet ie leaning too much to the front (like tip toeing) when u take position to hit the ball....
Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
crayon33

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:51 am

This thread strikes a spot close to my heart, or rather, my foot since I have been suffering from pain in my heel for the past half a year.

Pain in the heel can be due to many reasons, but for me, I believe it was a condition known as Plantar fasciitis (PF) is a painful inflammatory process of the plantar fascia, the connective tissue on the sole (bottom surface) of the foot. It is often caused by overuse of the plantar fascia or arch tendon of the foot. It is a very common condition and can be difficult to treat if not looked after properly.[extracted from Wikipedia]

I have gone on a wild search for shoes that will help me alleviate the pain and went from all the major shoe brands (FJ, Adidas, Ecco, TrueLinks Wear, Nike) and subsequently realized that shoes with cushioning may not actually help at all. Part of it was from an article which I found online and I attach it here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1170253/The-painful-truth-trainers-Are-expensive-running-shoes-waste-money.html

I have switched to the new Nike Free TW 13 2 weeks ago and also bought a pair of Nike Free trainer for regular walking around and I am happy to report that most of the pain in the heel is gone. It has been challenging for me in the first couple of days, especially around the ankle, and the past 4 days of roaming around Bangkok's Siam Paragon and Central in my Free Trainers has been quite good exercise for my feet, which makes me realize the importance of being able to fully use every part of your foot when walking and moving around.

Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:59 am

crayon, i had plantar fasciitis. I used to roll my feet on a frozen canned drink to alleviate the pain/swelling every day

went to Changi sports clinic and physio. turns out my whole muscles from shoulder to calf is so tight that it just pulls on the fascia.

try loosen your calf muscles and hamstrings primarily. Butt and mid back (thoracic) helps too.

I am free of pain...but if I forget to stretch, the sensation comes back.

My doc say during flare ups you should use the soles. when healthy, can use the natural foot approach to train the feet.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:06 am

crayon33 wrote:
This thread strikes a spot close to my heart, or rather, my foot since I have been suffering from pain in my heel for the past half a year.

Pain in the heel can be due to many reasons, but for me, I believe it was a condition known as Plantar fasciitis (PF) is a painful inflammatory process of the plantar fascia, the connective tissue on the sole (bottom surface) of the foot. It is often caused by overuse of the plantar fascia or arch tendon of the foot. It is a very common condition and can be difficult to treat if not looked after properly.[extracted from Wikipedia]

I have gone on a wild search for shoes that will help me alleviate the pain and went from all the major shoe brands (FJ, Adidas, Ecco, TrueLinks Wear, Nike) and subsequently realized that shoes with cushioning may not actually help at all. Part of it was from an article which I found online and I attach it here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1170253/The-painful-truth-trainers-Are-expensive-running-shoes-waste-money.html

I have switched to the new Nike Free TW 13 2 weeks ago and also bought a pair of Nike Free trainer for regular walking around and I am happy to report that most of the pain in the heel is gone. It has been challenging for me in the first couple of days, especially around the ankle, and the past 4 days of roaming around Bangkok's Siam Paragon and Central in my Free Trainers has been quite good exercise for my feet, which makes me realize the importance of being able to fully use every part of your foot when walking and moving around.

Superb post mate!

Great info !!

I've been eyeing the tw13 too after seeing tiger walk around in it.. It looks as though there's so much cushioning in it...

Could you also advise where did you purchase it locally ???

Thanks mate !!!

Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
crayon33

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:21 am

just as Pushslice has shared, a helpful exercise for alleviating the pain in the heel, which worked for me, was to take a round bottle, beer, wine, vinegar bottle etc and put in on the floor and using the sole of my foot to roll the bottle, up and down from the toes to the back of the heel. Do this for about 10 minutes per heel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

golf shoe chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

golf shoe chat
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next