Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please send him to Changi Resort

Go down 
+5
bogeyman72
TDO
nientsu
shimizu.toruk
p3nboy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

Please send him to Changi Resort Empty
PostSubject: Please send him to Changi Resort   Please send him to Changi Resort I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 3:30 pm

he needs a break, please send him there....

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1204434/1/.html
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: Please send him to Changi Resort   Please send him to Changi Resort I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 3:39 pm

According to Asiaone, the father of the accused hurled vulgarities at press photographers outside the Subordinate Courts on Wednesday and said reporters were 'creating a hoo-ha over a small matter'...

...seriously? You think it's a small matter?

This is a reminder to me that I need to set the right example for my kids so that they grow up with the right values.
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

PostSubject: Re: Please send him to Changi Resort   Please send him to Changi Resort I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 3:40 pm

like father like son mah!
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Please send him to Changi Resort   Please send him to Changi Resort I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:15 pm

But on a serious note, I feel that that stretch of road is pretty dangerous for drivers

Firstly, its straight with a a few sets of traffic lights. Sometimes, its pretty difficult to focus on which traffic light to follow, esp at night. One of my buddies was actually freaked out over the accident. He said he once cheong past that junction unknowingly at night because he followed the traffic light after that junction. Secondly, at that junction, you cant see oncoming traffic moving or stopping from the perpendicular road. You got to have utmost trust on the traffic lights. This is due to the big bushy dividers and also the size of the junction itself. I dunno about you, but i will always look at the traffic from the perpendicular junction, eventhough its my right of way. Its some sort of a safety net. Lastly, the contruction there is just terrible.

Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Please send him to Changi Resort   Please send him to Changi Resort I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Long jail term is more effective than fine because money he has plenty. And from his response to the press, he is unrepentant. Mad
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Please send him to Changi Resort   Please send him to Changi Resort I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:59 pm

A few of my lady friends are so paranoid that they are avoiding that stretch of road if they can.... Rolling Eyes

nientsu wrote:
But on a serious note, I feel that that stretch of road is pretty dangerous for drivers

Firstly, its straight with a a few sets of traffic lights. Sometimes, its pretty difficult to focus on which traffic light to follow, esp at night. One of my buddies was actually freaked out over the accident. He said he once cheong past that junction unknowingly at night because he followed the traffic light after that junction. Secondly, at that junction, you cant see oncoming traffic moving or stopping from the perpendicular road. You got to have utmost trust on the traffic lights. This is due to the big bushy dividers and also the size of the junction itself. I dunno about you, but i will always look at the traffic from the perpendicular junction, eventhough its my right of way. Its some sort of a safety net. Lastly, the contruction there is just terrible.

Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Please send him to Changi Resort   Please send him to Changi Resort I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:56 pm

Just curious

Ferrari ....vs. Lexus

which will have less wreck after a collision?

I think, this young man father think its the latter....so small issue
Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
danielleecm

PostSubject: Re: Please send him to Changi Resort   Please send him to Changi Resort I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:55 pm

nientsu wrote:

I doubt it's just the condition of the traffic light alone. It's most probably the attitude of people nowadays. People are richer and given the availability of more powerful cars and I don't care behavior, accident like this may be more common than we expected.
Hope that those rich people can think a bit for others before they decided to act rash on the road
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Please send him to Changi Resort   Please send him to Changi Resort I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:43 pm

The Courts might make an example out of him as a warning to others
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: Please send him to Changi Resort   Please send him to Changi Resort I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 5:56 am

nientsu wrote:

Never hand an ill workman good tools Arrow They blame their tools: why did the carpenter make the bed so badly, if he was any good? He will reply: "Because I used a poor axe and a thick gimlet, because I did not have a rule, I lost my hammer, and the hatchet was blunt", and other things of this kind. And the scribe, asked why he wrote so badly, will say that the paper was rough, the ink too fluid, the pen blunt, that he did not have a smoother, so that he could not write any better. Once again, this man holds his material responsible, and blames his tools as well, in mentioning the pen and smoother. And who does not know that artisans make themselves responsible for the deficiencies in their work too, when they cannot pin the blame on material and tools? Its clearly beating the traffic rule, driving like his great great granpa road...
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

PostSubject: Re: Please send him to Changi Resort   Please send him to Changi Resort I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:06 am

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_805306.html
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Please send him to Changi Resort   Please send him to Changi Resort I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:05 am

Not all sports or powerful car is a danger. In fact, any car that can exceed 90km/h is a danger, the Chery QQ included. We should be looking at the driver rather than the car. We have seen those "bengs' in their mop up cars with noisy exhaust pipes speeding along our city roads. What can be done is to send those buggers to jail and let them reflect over their foolish acts in the jail.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Please send him to Changi Resort   Please send him to Changi Resort I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:17 am

fata wrote:
nientsu wrote:

Never hand an ill workman good tools Arrow They blame their tools: why did the carpenter make the bed so badly, if he was any good? He will reply: "Because I used a poor axe and a thick gimlet, because I did not have a rule, I lost my hammer, and the hatchet was blunt", and other things of this kind. And the scribe, asked why he wrote so badly, will say that the paper was rough, the ink too fluid, the pen blunt, that he did not have a smoother, so that he could not write any better. Once again, this man holds his material responsible, and blames his tools as well, in mentioning the pen and smoother. And who does not know that artisans make themselves responsible for the deficiencies in their work too, when they cannot pin the blame on material and tools? Its clearly beating the traffic rule, driving like his great great granpa road...

Sorry, my english not so powderful. You para sounds like a tougue twister and my tongue aint long enough. Axe la, gimlets, BTW, what is a gimlet?

I am not saying that these people do not deserve to be blamed. One died, and sources say his hand was severed etc, and another is in court. So lets leave it as that.

All i am saying is, when driving down that road, drive with caution. its pretty confusing. Thats all.
Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
danielleecm

PostSubject: Re: Please send him to Changi Resort   Please send him to Changi Resort I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:24 am

nientsu wrote:
fata wrote:
nientsu wrote:

Sorry, my english not so powderful. You para sounds like a tougue twister and my tongue aint long enough. Axe la, gimlets, BTW, what is a gimlet?

I am not saying that these people do not deserve to be blamed. One died, and sources say his hand was severed etc, and another is in court. So lets leave it as that.

All i am saying is, when driving down that road, drive with caution. its pretty confusing. Thats all.

ya agree. Got to be careful when driving down that road.
Think there are also some road which are rather more risky than others.
Maybe some kind soul can share.
One that i know of is the bending slope after adam road to farrer road. will the drain railing by the side, it makes the road more challenging during raining days
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: Please send him to Changi Resort   Please send him to Changi Resort I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:04 am

KJE to BKE to PIE toward City- that bend is very dangerous , despite early reminder to slow down,
the signboard speed limit shows
50kmh, many would try try luck and "kiss" the side railing. I've seen some "KOed" incident there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please send him to Changi Resort   Please send him to Changi Resort I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please send him to Changi Resort
Page 1 of 1