Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another shaft question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoRN

Another shaft question Empty
PostSubject: Another shaft question   Another shaft question I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:19 pm

I have a question... likely that I already know the answer but just to seek clarification...

Does the shaft flex fitted to the irons have to be ideally the same flex on what you fit on the woods?

The reason I ask this is because I'm looking to buy a 3 & 5 wood and I recently tried a 3 wood that fitted with an extra stiff shaft. It didn't only feel good but the ball flight was nice and far too. Really tempted to buy!!!!

But the confusion I have is that I have been playing with Stiff flex irons, which I am already used to it. I know that if i can hit the ball well with the X shaft, it probably suits me... but on the other hand, does it mean that i will hit better if i switch my irons to X flex too?

Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Another shaft question   Another shaft question I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Why I can only see "backside itchy" in this thread? Razz
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Another shaft question   Another shaft question I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Simple answer. No. Stiff is just an opinion of flex, i feel. Ur feel for the clubs, perhaps would be more important.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another shaft question   Another shaft question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another shaft question
Page 1 of 1