Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Razr Fit vs RBZ

Go down 
+9
Slicer51
BigblackGoof
HyBriD
buzz1211
pushslice
TheFocalPoint
Denmeister
garylin
skybobo
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:58 pm

Hi bros and sis,
any idea which is better?
If I am already fitted with a suitable shaft, does the head makes a diff?
Will choosing one over the other resulted in longer distance (assuming same shaft)?

Thanks for reply. Apologies if this is a stupid question as I'm just figuring out what club fitting is
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 1:28 am

i think the headweight is different for both. So definitely will affect. Clubface also can be shallower/deeper. Alot of bros here hit the razr fit really well. I would think it's a kickass driver but I've not personally used it. I'm on the RBZ and it works for me.

Again, it's still advisable for you to try them and see the results for yourself.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:32 pm

Don't know how the RBZ performs but I just changed to the Razr Fit and it is extremely forgiving. Although I was using a stiff shaft on my previous driver (Cobra S2 10.5), I feel that the current setup on my Razr Fit is more suitable for me. ( Stock Shaft RIP'd Regular 60g on 9.5 head)

Go over to BFG Bukit Merah. I read from another thread that they have different shafts for you to try on the Razr Fit. If they have the shaft that you are currently using, you will be able to compare the two drivers, assuming you have already tried the RBZ on the same shaft.

I love my Razr Fit!!!!
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:45 pm

I've tried the RBZ on stock shaft, and it can't compare to my Superfast 2.0 3W fitted with UST Axivcore. I think it's all about the shaft. I took 3 wood twice on a 439m Par 4 today, and was putting about 8 feet for birdie. Missed it though. But like I said, with the right shaft, the club will perform.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 10:09 pm

TheFocalPoint wrote:
I've tried the RBZ on stock shaft, and it can't compare to my Superfast 2.0 3W fitted with UST Axivcore. I think it's all about the shaft. I took 3 wood twice on a 439m Par 4 today, and was putting about 8 feet for birdie. Missed it though. But like I said, with the right shaft, the club will perform.

Waaaa..... 3 wood for tee off..... must be a low index hole and you have chocolate from someone. How much did you win on that hole?

Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:30 am

No chocolate from anyone.. It's my 2nd game since my knee op, and sure as hell am not playing for money. I think it was an Index 1 or 2 hole. Puteri C Course hole 9. That monster of a Par 4...
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:53 am

If you're keen on RBZ, get the RBZ Tour model. Lower spin, better dispersion, on my swing.
Back to top Go down
buzz1211
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
buzz1211

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:28 pm

Went through so many drivers from Nike to Nickent but the best fit was cutting shaft to 44 inch. Got a preloved R11 with Graman 6 shaft from BFG and man it flies. Matched it with Bridgestone e7 and whoa I hit 240m drives. Wow
I'm sure all the parts matter but consider the length of the shaft as an option too. I'm a 20 handicapper so caveat emptor applies.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:53 pm

buzz1211 wrote:
Went through so many drivers from Nike to Nickent but the best fit was cutting shaft to 44 inch. Got a preloved R11 with Graman 6 shaft from BFG and man it flies. Matched it with Bridgestone e7 and whoa I hit 240m drives. Wow
I'm sure all the parts matter but consider the length of the shaft as an option too. I'm a 20 handicapper so caveat emptor applies.

Or you could simply grip down 1" Smile
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:39 pm

skybobo wrote:
Hi bros and sis,
any idea which is better?
If I am already fitted with a suitable shaft, does the head makes a diff?
Will choosing one over the other resulted in longer distance (assuming same shaft)?

Thanks for reply. Apologies if this is a stupid question as I'm just figuring out what club fitting is

No need to be apologetic. We feel you.

This is the reason why we joined internet forum so that we can get classified info on stuff.

Anyway, the BEST ANSWER is still it must come from you.

Means, you have to try them both and "feel" the product.
If you can borrow them and swing them in the driving range and in the fairway. Thats the Best move you will make.

You can get countless of opinions. There are Callaway & TaylorMade bias fan online and will create magnificent write up about how great it is.

Best move is to hit it yourself and decide which one works for you.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:17 pm

I think i posted this qn sometime back, we have the same dilemma bro... haha

I tried the RBZ and FIT with a similar shaft/ loft setup - Graman5 stiff & Project X 5.5 (SR), and FIT gives me better average distant and control. Dispersion was also more consistent on the FIT. The square club face at address also gives me more confidence... maybe it's a personal thingy

However, recently was at the Cally demo at MBGC, was told that FIT is more suitable for golfers with stable and better swing consistencies....

Like bro Hybrid mentioned, you shld try it yourself and hit as many shots as possible to get a good feel...
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 5:31 pm

BigblackGoof wrote:
I think i posted this qn sometime back, we have the same dilemma bro... haha

I tried the RBZ and FIT with a similar shaft/ loft setup - Graman5 stiff & Project X 5.5 (SR), and FIT gives me better average distant and control. Dispersion was also more consistent on the FIT. The square club face at address also gives me more confidence... maybe it's a personal thingy

However, recently was at the Cally demo at MBGC, was told that FIT is more suitable for golfers with stable and better swing consistencies....

Like bro Hybrid mentioned, you shld try it yourself and hit as many shots as possible to get a good feel...

Bro, I do not have the chance to try the RBZ & Fit yet. Did you say they were both square club face during address ( not close in design) ? I presume you are using 9.5 loft. I am not good enough to use 9.5. was the 10.5 loft square too ?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:32 pm

pak slicer,

the fit is adjustable. Can be set square, close or open face.

RBZ has TM's FCT i.e. can change the loft and lie angle, but face is one setting. It doesn't have a sole plate like the R11. The tour model has fade/neutral bias weighting, the regular has draw bias weighting. The tour model looks square to me Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Bro slicer,

The club face is neutral/square for both lofts.

Just to share with you, I have a very low launch because of the nature of my swing, but my current Fit setup actually helped me. It is a 9.5 on the regular stock shaft rip'd NV

Give it a try. You will be surprised. It is easy to handle.

Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
crayon33

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:25 pm

I felt that my rarz fit was launching v high so I measued my 9.5 Rarz Fit. It was closer to 11 degree on the mitchell loft and lie machine. According to a fitter there is no defined or standard way of measuring loft within the industry so manufacturers can measure the loft anywhere on the club face and declare it 9.5 or 10.5.

I wanted to try the head on a low launching shaft like the ahina but did not find the chance.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:05 pm

Thanks guys for reply. Well I have both now. Rzr fit will be shafted this we'd at the den. As for rbz, I brought it on course on stock shaft (wood) They are around 1 club longer and 1 impt thing, the club head us very light and it's very very easy to launch.
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Slicer51 wrote:

Bro, I do not have the chance to try the RBZ & Fit yet. Did you say they were both square club face during address ( not close in design) ? I presume you are using 9.5 loft. I am not good enough to use 9.5. was the 10.5 loft square too ?

Bro Slicer, i think Pushslice answered your queries... the RBZ on address is more closed than FIT (both on Suqare setup), so i have to make adjustments everytime before i hit it... that bothers me abit. I am using 10.5 (trackman indicating 12-13.5* launch) which i was told is ok, especially when i progress into the game and get more tiring, this setup allows me to continue to launch the ball...
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:51 pm

pushslice wrote:
pak slicer,

the fit is adjustable. Can be set square, close or open face.

RBZ has TM's FCT i.e. can change the loft and lie angle, but face is one setting. It doesn't have a sole plate like the R11. The tour model has fade/neutral bias weighting, the regular has draw bias weighting. The tour model looks square to me Very Happy

Bro, thanks for the information. I though when I open or close the club face, it will change the loft. No ?

My issue is, I feel very uncomfortable and unable to swing well with it if the club face look too close during address. This is what happening to my 3 months old 910 D2. I have adjust and open up the club face and my ball was launching too high.

My old R9 driver look much square and I am swing okay with it.

Like my Shi Xiong says it is all in my swing and I agreed Sad

However, I "itch backside" wanted to have a new driver.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:00 pm

luckily its the back thats itchy......when are you coming back or should i have it send to Surabaya.........its call the itchy backside cure. a $50 voucher to offset your purchase of Razr Fit driver.

anyway for those who wants the TA, please remember to inform us earlier......

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:02 pm

Denmeister wrote:
Bro slicer,

Just to share with you, I have a very low launch because of the nature of my swing, but my current Fit setup actually helped me. It is a 9.5 on the regular stock shaft rip'd NV

Thanks Den***,

When you says the club face is neutral/Square for both lofts. Are you sayings that you do not really much forward push (your grip (hand) more toward your leg toward the target) to square the club face ?

I understand allot of driver was design with a different angles of close face. I have a friend whom using a Homa (like an golf plated driver). Expensive but the club face was so closed that I need to move my hand too much toward the target during address that I cannot swing at all.

Bro, you know and have seen my swing (old man swing). I doubt I can launch a 9.5 driver.

I will try all these drivers but still no demo in Surabaya yet (so slow)
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:13 pm

Eric,

I will be back again next month. I think I just need a driver that do not have too much offset. I understand 9.5 loft has less offset but you know me enough that I cannot launch the ball with it.

10.5 loft might be better for me but too much offset, doesn't work for me because of my lousy swing.

If Razr fit is less close then RBZ then I guess Razr Fit might work. You are pro on this type of thing. You fit me the driver that I can use for my lousy swing. I buy without question ask lol!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:03 am

the face can be set to standard, open or close.....without changing the shaft orientation..wah lau where have you been? surabaya....haha

see u soon......DGman

now is next month liao.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:29 am

Thanks. Sometime mid to end of May. boss
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 7:10 am

Slicer51 wrote:
Denmeister wrote:
Bro slicer,

Thanks Den***,

When you says the club face is neutral/Square for both lofts. Are you sayings that you do not really much forward push (your grip (hand) more toward your leg toward the target) to square the club face ?

I understand allot of driver was design with a different angles of close face. I have a friend whom using a Homa (like an golf plated driver). Expensive but the club face was so closed that I need to move my hand too much toward the target during address that I cannot swing at all.

Bro, you know and have seen my swing (old man swing). I doubt I can launch a 9.5 driver.

Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 7:16 am

Slicer51 wrote:
Denmeister wrote:
Bro slicer,

Thanks Den***,

Bro Slicer,

I can lend you my Fit to try out for a game here in JB when you come. Then you can find out for yourself whether it suits you. Mine is a 9.5 but easy to launch (maybe due to the regular flex shaft) but veeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy long!!!!!!

If you can get your hands on a loaner 10.5* you can bring it along to try on the course when you play with me!

So when are you coming down for a game in JB?

Anyone wants to join Slicer and myself for a JB Game?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Razr Fit vs RBZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razr Fit vs RBZ   Razr Fit vs RBZ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Razr Fit vs RBZ
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next