Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..

Go down 
+13
Bangla123
Derek
mowen
AC
boboking
eiji
HyBriD
S70B
mUAr_cHEe
Duval_S
Cyp_PGA
hardrock
Lisy
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lisy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lisy

How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. Empty
PostSubject: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:06 am

HELP HELP

How to control emotions and mentality when playing golf..

What is the best way to do it?
How do you do it? Rolling Eyes

Swing Cheers Jump Cheers Jump Cheers Jump

Last edited by Lisy on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:10 am

It depend much on your personality, some ppl can hold and conteol on his/her emotions but likewise some cannot. I would recommending to hold a deep breath before to letting go your emotions, I find it works for me.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:58 am

breathing is the 1st step to control emotion as anxiety as well as anger when you hit bad shot . but if your serious of having a better mental on the course i will advice you going see a mental coach that will etablish what mental technique you need to adopt to be mental ready and strong during a golf game .
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:20 pm

the best way to control emotions is to not focus on the result but on the process......result is the outcome of execution the right process

chim rite?

as for mentality....i don think its much of control...but should have sound mentality based on game plan

the above #1 was coached to me Raymond floyd.

via golf channel
Back to top Go down
Lisy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lisy

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:22 pm

I was discussing Golfers emotions and mentality in a golf game with my kakis..

Everyone has mixed ideas..
We are discussing about Tiger woods reaction in the game etc..

That is why I am sharing to discuss what best to do when we normal golfers meet with such situations etc.. How can we keep our focus and continue the game as normal still be at our best..

Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:36 pm

i let go club...
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Dun be like TW.

I am a fan but his on course antics jus irks me.

Becos of him, alot of amateurs try n emulate, including the poster abv me who let's go clubs. Whatever his behavior even his bad habits. They shd jus try n emulate how he hits his irons instead.

I've played this game for a while to know that a great rd can start w a dbl bogey n an extremely poor rd can start w a birdie.

Learn to let it go. It also applies to real life as little lessons.

The focus shd be 1 shot at a time and only the next shot u hit that matters. Easier to say than do it I know but it takes practice to achieve it.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:46 pm

i now trying to emulate adam scott...
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:24 pm

Lisy wrote:
HELP HELP

How to control emotions and mentality when playing golf..

What is the best way to do it?
How do you do it? Rolling Eyes

its really hard to really say that we can control our emotion and mental faculty.

The Golf Pros hire their own Sports Psychologist and still some "cracked"

We still see them cracking up and some throwing their tantrums due to Pressure and maybe being so Intensely Passionate on what they do.

Best way to control our emotional & mental faculty is to consult a real sports psychologist and worked on your exisiting well being.

Each and everyone of us have different inner demons and "crack point"
for example.

In our golf club, i know someone who is a single handicapper who really plays well. But when he mixed Golf & bets money on it, he becomes " shaky" whereas, there are some who plays Better when Pressure is on the line.

In Singapore, there is a SILVA MIND CONTROL where they can teach you how to used your mind. You can try it. It may work for you

Silva Mind will explain why Breathing is important. How it works and how it will improved your emotion and mental well being.

Last edited by HyBriD on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Golf is not a game of perfect.

the book by Bob Rotella is really good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
boboking
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
boboking

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Here's a short article from Bob written in GD:

http://www.golfdigest.com/magazine/2009-06/bobrotella_10rules
Back to top Go down
AC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
AC

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:16 pm

MC, w rgds to adam scott , he really does have a history of gorgeous celeb GFs..... me also want to emulate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:35 pm

S70B wrote:
Dun be like TW.

Becos of him, alot of amateurs try n emulate, including the poster abv me who let's go clubs. Whatever his behavior even his bad habits. They shd jus try n emulate how he hits his irons instead.

I've played this game for a while to know that a great rd can start w a dbl bogey n an extremely poor rd can start w a birdie.

The focus shd be 1 shot at a time and only the next shot u hit that matters. Easier to say than do it I know but it takes practice to achieve it.

Good Advise ..

Just wonder what it takes to let MC understand this ... hahahhaa
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:37 pm

mowen wrote:
Just wonder what it takes to let MC understand this ... hahahhaa

Understood-ed, Sworn Enemy.

I just need to practice more like what Idol said.

Cannot wait for my next game with you...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:44 pm

Quote :
S70B wrote:
Dun be like TW.

Good advice.....Just one problem.....I take too many shots....kinda dilute my focus
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Tequila or any other kind of really strong alcoholic beverage normally works for me
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:50 pm

Just accept that you dont put in enough practice to get angry, which is why I find it acceptable when tiger woods blows his top
Back to top Go down
r510tp
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:59 pm

I've played with some of my most level-headed, coolest and most calm friends and seen them blew up over a single bad shot.

And yet, these same folks when grilled under heavy fire in the boardroom remained cool as a cucumber!!!

I think the key ingredient is our own expectations of ourselves... Razz

Be realistic about our distance and accuracy. Pulling it off once or twice doesn't mean that is our usual standard. To keep myself in check, I just tell myself I'm getting old and to take one more club everytime and swing easy.
Back to top Go down
Lisy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lisy

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:29 am

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
S70B wrote:
Dun be like TW.

Good advice.....Just one problem.....I take too many shots....kinda dilute my focus

I agree.. at times when taken too many shots in a hole.. just don't care about the game already..
Back to top Go down
Lisy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lisy

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:34 am

Derek wrote:
Tequila or any other kind of really strong alcoholic beverage normally works for me

I will try this next time.. see if it works..

Heeheehee... ^_________^
Back to top Go down
Lisy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lisy

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:40 am

r510tp wrote:
I've played with some of my most level-headed, coolest and most calm friends and seen them blew up over a single bad shot.

And yet, these same folks when grilled under heavy fire in the boardroom remained cool as a cucumber!!!

I think the key ingredient is our own expectations of ourselves... Razz

Be realistic about our distance and accuracy. Pulling it off once or twice doesn't mean that is our usual standard. To keep myself in check, I just tell myself I'm getting old and to take one more club everytime and swing easy.

When I play I don't actually blew my temper or anything like that..
Is more.. if in the competition.. your flight peer may at times stir you up to make you angry or etc.. just to make you upset and unable to focus..
When you cannot focus.. you will not be able to accurately gauge your swing, feel, etc..
In such times.. I wonder.. how to make all these upset feelings go away asap.. and focus back so that can always playing at our best for every strokes made..
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:01 am

Derek wrote:

Tsk tsk....drink driving.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:32 am

asahi wrote:
Derek wrote:

Tsk tsk....drink driving.
lol!

says the guy with a beer brand for a nick ... drunken Beer
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:36 am

Lisy wrote:
In such times.. I wonder.. how to make all these upset feelings go away asap.. and focus back so that can always playing at our best for every strokes made..

Just don't think about it. It is up to one's mental strength.
Back to top Go down
Lisy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lisy

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:36 pm

Heehee.. Must always carry a kit-kat..

"Have a break.. Have a Kit-Kat.. ^_____________^"..

Maybe this will solve everything.. cheers

Swing Cheers Jump Cheers Jump I HIT IT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..   How do you control emotions and mentality when playing.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you control emotions and mentality when playing..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next