Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Noob asking for purchase help

Go down 
+4
nientsu
bkll
Cyrano
Aiers
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Aiers
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Aiers

Noob asking for purchase help Empty
PostSubject: Noob asking for purchase help   Noob asking for purchase help I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Hi,

Someone is selling me a good set of clubs cheap.

Condition is great at 8/10.

Its a full set of Cleveland Tour Action 5s golf clubs. PW to 3 iron. Standard length and lie angles. The shafts are True Temper Dynamic Gold S300s.

Also included are a 52 degree, Nike SV Tour wedge and 56 degree Cleveland 588. Both are standard length and lie angles with True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 shafts.

Grips are red TackiMacs and have only been used once.

I am a beginner (like in less than 10 classes at the moment). But i am concern that the stiff shafts will give me problems. Or am i too noob to even care?
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Noob asking for purchase help   Noob asking for purchase help I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:42 pm

why don u try to ask your coach to help source for a suitable set for u?
Back to top Go down
Aiers
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Aiers

PostSubject: Re: Noob asking for purchase help   Noob asking for purchase help I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:52 pm

Actually I did. But he just tell us to buy something forgiving and he did mention going with graphites first. But he mention nothing abt flex.
Back to top Go down
bkll
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bkll

PostSubject: Re: Noob asking for purchase help   Noob asking for purchase help I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:00 pm

Dynamic Gold S300 will be too stiff and heavy for beginners.

Get graphite shafts or steel shafts (< 100g in weight).
Back to top Go down
Aiers
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Aiers

PostSubject: Re: Noob asking for purchase help   Noob asking for purchase help I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:09 pm

I though so as well. Some of my frens say that for beginners it doesn't matter since we do not know how to "feel" the diff. But everything I googled give me a different ans.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Noob asking for purchase help   Noob asking for purchase help I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:11 pm

Bro

the word cheap is rather subjective. The new scotty putter for $350 will be considered cheap, while the old model nike driver with stock shaft selling for $150 is be considered expensive.

Its best you set a budget to work on.
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Noob asking for purchase help   Noob asking for purchase help I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:27 pm

then i suggest u get another coach.. HAHAHAHAHAH.. kidding bro.. kidding..
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Noob asking for purchase help   Noob asking for purchase help I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:51 pm

it all depends on you bro. try comparing steel shaft and graphite shaft, see which one is more comfortable for you. you'll feel the difference when you have improved. then you can decide whether to stick with your current shaft or changing it.
Back to top Go down
Aiers
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Aiers

PostSubject: Re: Noob asking for purchase help   Noob asking for purchase help I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:53 pm

thx for the PMs and suggestions... alot of helpful people here. Smile

I guess i will give it a try and if it doesnt suits me, i will sell it then.

thanks!
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Noob asking for purchase help   Noob asking for purchase help I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:59 pm

as beginners.. a lot of trial and errors..
some are lucky to get good guidance when it comes to equipment..
most just have to learn the hard way..

but thru forums like this, we can at least minimize the pain.. hehehehhe

but if u intend to stay in this sport for long, it would be good to get a reasonably well-suited set based on your swing, built, etc. But this can only be done once you more or less have a consistent swing.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Noob asking for purchase help   Noob asking for purchase help I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:40 pm

cant agree more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kevinhwc
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kevinhwc

PostSubject: Re: Noob asking for purchase help   Noob asking for purchase help I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 6:04 pm

Bro,

I changed from a graphite R to steel S after 6 mths plus of golfing.

Personally I feel that the steel shaft gives you more feedback. Tried the DG300 but felt it was way too heavy for me... I would suggest you look for NSPro shafts which most bros here would agree that it is easier to handle.

Getting a good suitable set is important. Apart from making you feel good, it also makes your game/ training more pleasant (at least I do not feel like giving up golf with all the ugly shots).

I'm planning to go for fitting once I have my swing stablised.
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: Noob asking for purchase help   Noob asking for purchase help I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:31 pm

Yes,u can spend $ again to buy yourself a set of graphite iron,but when time come by you improve...then how...ez,spend $again to buy another set of steel iron?seen u already bought your cleveland,what I can say is work hard on it...just my 2 cent.
Back to top Go down
Aiers
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Aiers

PostSubject: Re: Noob asking for purchase help   Noob asking for purchase help I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:35 pm

yay. i guess there's not ultimate answer especially when one is not good with a consistent swing yet. my sentiments really.

Guess its Swing until i Stretcher or Cheers Jump then see how things goes.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Noob asking for purchase help   Noob asking for purchase help I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:52 pm

T/S, DG S300 is way too stiff for beginner. You need sufficient swing speed to airborne the ball and to achieve reasonably good distance. I would suggest Regular flex steel shaft (if you are a young man) from brands like NSPro or KBS.
Back to top Go down
Aiers
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Aiers

PostSubject: Re: Noob asking for purchase help   Noob asking for purchase help I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:58 pm

I have already bought it. but with a few bros advice. i also did a price check with one of the helpful bros here. even if i sell it off, it will still cover since my fren really sell me cheap. Smile

so i will just give it a few swing!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Noob asking for purchase help   Noob asking for purchase help I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 11:23 am

Good luck then!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noob asking for purchase help   Noob asking for purchase help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Noob asking for purchase help
Page 1 of 1