Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiger Wood current swing

Go down 
+11
nientsu
BigblackGoof
golf_snowman
Lee36328
pushslice
duffader
tronos
TourSwing
Turbo
Gray
HyBriD
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

Tiger Wood current swing Empty
PostSubject: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Hey,

I am still figuring why Tiger Wood likes to "cut" or Make a High Cut on his approach shot.

My cosuin from USA prefers a Power Fade shot. Becoz accdg to him most of the bunkers, fairway bunkers are on the left side.

But for the approach shot, why a Cut shot?

Is it becoz it produces a softer landing to the green?

I noticed TW even hits a cut shot on those Par 3 course. Unless there's a Water hazard or bunkers, then he would hit a draw.

Can any of the Golf experts here share why and what purpose?

thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:41 pm

To be honest, I liked TW current swing.

As compared to his swing with Haney.

I think he, TW, is now compressing the ball better

in fact, this is now the swing I am trying to follow.

Which is hit or strike the ball first before shifting & making the follow through.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:44 pm

even Justine Rose swing has improved remarkably under Sean Foley

Unlike Haney, with due respect to HH.....

Sir Charles swing is still an ugly sight
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:18 pm

Can you consider the Sean Foley Swing a Right sided swing?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:42 pm

HyBriD wrote:

Blah ............. blah ........ Which is hit or strike the ball first before shifting & making the follow through.

Aren't all swing methods/fundamental need to strike the ball before one should turn and then follow thru?? In general, if you dun do that, I wonder how u are gonna flush or square the ball on impact ... scratch If one turns at high speed and hit the ball simultaneously, I doubt you can hit the ball crisply all the time unless you are superman. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:43 pm

Gray wrote:
Can you consider the Sean Foley Swing a Right sided swing?

I don't think so ... His swing is more like a hybrid in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:03 pm

HyBriD wrote:

Unlike Haney, with due respect to HH.....

Sir Charles swing is still an ugly sight

Why due respect .. haney deserves no respect .. forget charles barkley , did you see how haney tried to fix Ray Romano 's (Everybody loves Raymond star) swing!!! shockingly poor ... Most amateurs could do a better job!!!

His book was the final nail in the coffin for me, and a lot of other more relevant people
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:08 pm

HyBriD wrote:
Hey,

I am still figuring why Tiger Wood likes to "cut" or Make a High Cut on his approach shot.

My cosuin from USA prefers a Power Fade shot. Becoz accdg to him most of the bunkers, fairway bunkers are on the left side.

But for the approach shot, why a Cut shot?

Is it becoz it produces a softer landing to the green?

I noticed TW even hits a cut shot on those Par 3 course. Unless there's a Water hazard or bunkers, then he would hit a draw.

Can any of the Golf experts here share why and what purpose?

thanks in advance

No golf expert but besides landing softer .. the steeper swing is better for hitting irons ... especially TW ... who's not getting stuck anymore! The better players dont have a problem coming from the inside , but have a problem coming TOO FAR from the inside ... therefore the cut is a great shot to have .. and not lose the ball way left ... his left misses now are just straightish pulls when the ball doesnt cut
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:11 pm

Sean Foley and his stable rely heavily on trackman numbers ... and believe in "zeroing out" path and clubface by swinging left , and then making subtle changes to fade/draw the ball .... d plane , d plane, d plane ...
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:13 pm

A must see to believe ...

Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:20 pm

HyBriD wrote:

Which is hit or strike the ball first before shifting & making the follow through.

Care to elaborate on this point? I too am learning a lot from TW and Mahan's swing ...
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:48 pm

Turbo wrote:

Aren't all swing methods/fundamental need to strike the ball before one should turn and then follow thru?? In general, if you dun do that, I wonder how u are gonna flush or square the ball on impact ... scratch If one turns at high speed and hit the ball simultaneously, I doubt you can hit the ball crisply all the time unless you are superman. Laughing

I recall that TW swing before was....

Upon downswing, he would make a slight hip turn or simultaneous hip turn just like what Rory mcILroy is doing. The downswing motion is fluidly done

Unlike right now, there's a delay of the hip

Impact first before hip turn, then follow through

I used to do a simultaneous hip turn as I make a downswing. Which was taught to me by Juvic Pagunsan father

Last edited by HyBriD on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:50 pm

is he putting differently? at the Palmer Invitation, he has a very short follow thru more like hitting the ball, first though was stabbing motion (for lack of a better word) rather then a smooth follow thru like his previous years.. read somewhere he changed his putting just before this tournament.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:58 pm

TourSwing wrote:
HyBriD wrote:

Care to elaborate on this point? I too am learning a lot from TW and Mahan's swing ...

TW swing was featured a couple of times in SLO-MO.

wherein TW seems to used a semi stack. Right Leg more stable....his weight is more on the right....

And as he descend his club would first hit the ball ....

before making a hip turn for his folllow through finished

Unlike before, his swing was a simultaneous action of hip turn and downswing before making a follow through.

Its like You punch your shot as your ball flies to the target, then you make the hip turn for follow through finished.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:59 pm

HyBriD wrote:
I recall that TW swing before was....

Upon downswing, he would make a slight hip turn or simultaneous hip turn just like what Rory mcILroy is doing. The downswing motion is fluidly done

Unlike right now, there's a delay of the hip

Impact first before hip turn, then follow through

I used to do a simultaneous hip turn as I make a downswing. Which was taught to me by Juvic Pagunsan father

Hi hybrid, you are somewhat right in your observation in that case ... Tiger's 2012 downswing is different from those days when his swing coaches were Butch and Hank ... Although he still initiates the downswing with his hip but the hip turn is much less acute before and just before impact. Here is the video that illustrates this ...

Last edited by Turbo on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:01 pm

HyBriD wrote:
TourSwing wrote:
HyBriD wrote:

wherein TW seems to used a semi stack. Right Leg more stable....his weight is more on the right....

Unlike before, his swing was a simultaneous action of hip turn and downswing before making a follow through.

Its like You punch your shot as your ball flies to the target, then you make the hip turn for follow through finished.

Dont keep figuring, go search for Sean Foley instead of Tiger woods on youtube. You will realise what you mention might be wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhY2sQlTRx0
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:07 pm

tronos wrote:
is he putting differently? at the Palmer Invitation, he has a very short follow thru more like hitting the ball, first though was stabbing motion (for lack of a better word) rather then a smooth follow thru like his previous years.. read somewhere he changed his putting just before this tournament.

I think he didn't.

He is still using his Nike Putter.
maybe grip change was done and weight was changed.

am not sure about it
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:07 pm

duffader wrote:
HyBriD wrote:
TourSwing wrote:
HyBriD wrote:

Dont keep figuring, go search for Sean Foley instead of Tiger woods on youtube. You will realise what you mention might be wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhY2sQlTRx0

in this video, foley shared the same key principles of Gary Edwin's RSS i.e. keeping the weight pretty centered on the front leg going back and all the way through.

also the very obvious reverse K setup position of RSS is less pronounced at Foley's swing

major difference with SnT is he doesnt tilt forward/lunges towards ground at the top. Just staying centered and minimize weight transfer to the back leg.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:10 pm

whatever it is, better to look for a coach to learn rather than trying to learn from youtube.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:10 pm

tronos wrote:

i noticed that a too
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:12 pm

duffader wrote:
whatever it is, better to look for a coach to learn rather than trying to learn from youtube.

I am swinging a SHJH method. Originated in Singapore Laughing
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:19 pm

[quote="duffader"[/quote]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhY2sQlTRx0[/quote]

hey bro,

thanks for posting this video

I was able to see TW old swing as compared to Sean Foley's swing

TW vs. Sean Foley

TW old swing will show a hip turn as he hits the ball

His current swing is not anymore and Sean Foley like

However, the topic I posted is....

Why do you think TW likes to hit a cut shot?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:23 pm

HyBriD wrote:

hey bro,

thanks for posting this video

His current swing is not anymore and Sean Foley like

However, the topic I posted is....

Why do you think TW likes to hit a cut shot?

Why do you think any of us know? Laughing
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Hybrid ... if you dont have the Foley dvd (I dont either) ... do read this :

http://perfectgolfswingreview.net/foley.htm

If you can filter out the reviewer's personal biases ... theres a lot to be learned about the Foley methodology here !

Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:27 pm

Objective of the game is to put the ball onto the hole. It doesnt really matter if he cuts or draw as long as the ball gets into the hole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Wood current swing   Tiger Wood current swing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiger Wood current swing
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next