Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arnold Palmer Invitational

Go down 
+31
nientsu
duffader
S70B
kooky
mUAr_cHEe
niuxiong
shorthitter
pocketace
mengteck71
Ngigo
Shanks!
TigaWood
Slicer51
billi
9points
slinger
blee67
Technospaz
eiji
bogeyman72
hkhamateur
simoner
enwee
pushslice
Lee36328
crayon33
waybalegolf
Duval_S
Turbo
Cyrano
HyBriD
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnold Palmer Invitational   Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:07 pm

As a measure of how tough it was on day 4 with the wind and tucked pin positions for the leading groups, of the top 5 from day 3, everybody shot over par except Tiger.

Gmac +2
Ian Poulter +2
Johnson Wagner +2
Els +3
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Palmer Invitational   Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:43 pm

Yep, saw the grit and the confidence on the tee in the final round, great to have him back to stop the Euro-dominance....

Would also love to see how Luke Donald match up to the Tiger! hehe
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Palmer Invitational   Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:58 pm

Lee36328 wrote:

2. He kept repeating how accurate and controlled the ball flight has become, for instance about to withstand even the last day's windy conditions

To elaborate on your point ... he specifically talks about how "straight" he's hitting it ... his practice swings clearly show his intent .. swing left to hit straight! If you can hit it straight working the ball either ways is only a subtle adjustment ... d-plane and trackman have revolutionized Golf ... and validated why the all time great ballstrikers (like Hogan , Moe and co.) did what they did!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Palmer Invitational   Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Although Tiger has won this one, there are still some naysayers who claimed that his winning form is still yet to be proven as the 3 top Europeans (i.e. Rory, Luke & Lee) were absence.

Nonetheless, Tiger is in strong contention to win the forthcoming Master! cheers
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Palmer Invitational   Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:56 pm

blee wrote:
TourSwing wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Told you guys already.. HE will be back.

Hitting fairways is nothing... it does makes it easier to hit that approach shot onto the green but at the end of the day, it does not matter whether u land on the fairway or in the rough. Its how close you can put the ball next to the pin that matters...

Mastery of the irons is more crucial.

my 2cents... or this is a phase i am going through now..

I disagree Very Happy playing OCC last week in tournament conditions, hitting fairways is crucial.

The rough is long, and with new grooves, flyers were everywhere. balls going way to long, into more rough around the green, which will not stop even when perfect chip is hit, or with the thick rough way to short, which becomes a shot just to find the fairway..

Hitting the fairway helps, else you better have a good putter in your bag. Beer

You are soooo right!! Played OCC yesterday ... lost a ball 10 yards off the fairway! and was hacking away!! Took 3-4 holes just to recover from the shock ... new found RESPECT for the pros!!!!! Beer

Tourswing, you were at OCC? We were playing in there in the morning too. Too bad did not get to meet.

They are not done with the conditioning yet. I heard that the rough will go out a bit more higher when the actual tourney starts. What a Face

Yup sure was ... but had a 1pm tee off , while you guys I think were out and about early am. Only managed 13 holes cause of the storm ...

This was my first ever visit to OCC!!!

Wow , the the rough will grow out even more!!!! Pros are lucky they have spotters and spectators helping them find their balls .... I was miserable ... especially with buggy on track ... after two holes my buggy mate and I were ready to turn around ... saying ... this is no way to spend a weekend .. HELP
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Palmer Invitational   Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:01 pm

See some of the great shots from Stenson and Els.

Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Palmer Invitational   Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:18 pm

Ernie's putting failed him @ Bayhill ... He needs to win the Shell Houston in order to get an invitation to play in the Master.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Palmer Invitational   Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

TourSwing wrote:
Yup sure was ... but had a 1pm tee off , while you guys I think were out and about early am. Only managed 13 holes cause of the storm ...

Wow , the the rough will grow out even more!!!! Pros are lucky they have spotters and spectators helping them find their balls .... I was miserable ... especially with buggy on track ... after two holes my buggy mate and I were ready to turn around ... saying ... this is no way to spend a weekend .. HELP

1pm we were still playing... last 2 holes.

I guess you must be playing dendro/vanda. Those are buggy on tracks. Most people now booked the other 2 combinations where only one nine is buggy on track and the other is buggy free roaming. Less tiring. Most members try to avoid the Dendro couse at this point in time as it is the longest course there and the distance between buggy to fairway is far (in beween there are 2 -3 rows of tress in some holes).

Last year, the rough was so bad that you can be standing in the rough looking for the ball but you cannot see the ball at all unless you are looking right down. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Palmer Invitational   Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:43 pm

Highlights of Tiger's shots and putts.

http://www.pgatour.com/video/r/highlights/round_recap/2012/03/25/woodshighs12apipgatourmpg-2046310/index.html
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Palmer Invitational   Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:11 pm

This win by Tiger will make history. Tiger is finally in the winning circle again after 2-year of drought ... Here is a post Final Round press conference ...

Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Palmer Invitational   Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:25 am

is Tiger using the DI shaft?
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Palmer Invitational   Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 6:39 am

zhenxua wrote:

Looks like it!
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Palmer Invitational   Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:42 am

hope he will be consistent and win the master as well or at least another 1 or 2 tournament to dismiss the speculation on his swing and health stability.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Palmer Invitational   Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:19 am

blee wrote:
TourSwing wrote:

1pm we were still playing... last 2 holes.

I guess you must be playing dendro/vanda. Those are buggy on tracks. Most people now booked the other 2 combinations where only one nine is buggy on track and the other is buggy free roaming. Less tiring. Most members try to avoid the Dendro couse at this point in time as it is the longest course there and the distance between buggy to fairway is far (in beween there are 2 -3 rows of tress in some holes).

Last year, the rough was so bad that you can be standing in the rough looking for the ball but you cannot see the ball at all unless you are looking right down. What a Face

Absolutely! Just a tough day all around ... A long course on a hot day with a deep rough and buggy on tracks ... With the track seemingly miles away from the fairway ... Felt like crying Sad

Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Palmer Invitational   Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:41 am

simoner wrote:
zhenxua wrote:

Looks like it!

That would be correct. Been using it for a while now, since just before it first came out into the market.

Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 Tiger-woods-graphite-design-01

Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 Image

Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 Tiger_Woods_DI1
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Palmer Invitational   Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:52 am

What's in the Bag - Tiger Woods

Tiger Woods (Arnold Palmer Invitational)
Ball: Nike One Tour D
Driver: Nike VR Tour (Graphite Design DI 6X), 8.5 degrees
3-wood: Nike VR Pro Limited Edition, 15 degrees
5-wood: Nike SasQuatch 2, 19-degrees
Irons (3-PW): Nike VR Pro Blade
Wedges: Nike VR Pro (56, 60 degrees)
Putter: Nike Method 001

Read More http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-equipment/whats-in-my-bag/winners-bags#ixzz1qTDxGtof
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arnold Palmer Invitational   Arnold Palmer Invitational - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arnold Palmer Invitational
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5