Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Storing your balls

Go down 
+6
nrafee
Gray
asahi
mUAr_cHEe
HyBriD
Joshtay
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Joshtay
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Joshtay

Storing your balls Empty
PostSubject: Storing your balls   Storing your balls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:01 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm wondering, do any of you keep your balls in a dry cabinet? I recently got myself 2Doz balls and I don't think I'll finish using them for quite a while.

Was thinking of storing them in my camera dry cabinet. Is it ok? Or will it coz the shell to crack etc?
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

Storing your balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storing your balls   Storing your balls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:24 pm

My wife gave me a Big straw basket that could contain perhaps....more than 2000 balls

Yes I think storing your golf balls in a dry place would be the best
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Storing your balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storing your balls   Storing your balls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:41 pm

i keep it in a tupperware in my refrigerator to ensure maximum freshness.
Back to top Go down
Joshtay
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Joshtay

Storing your balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storing your balls   Storing your balls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:44 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
i keep it in a tupperware in my refrigerator to ensure maximum freshness.

Is this for real Muar chee?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Storing your balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storing your balls   Storing your balls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:51 pm

i just keep them in a cool, dry corner at home away from any sun. I think that will suffice. Putting them in a dry box, I think it is just taking it over the top. The boxes at Golf House and World of Golf... you reckon how long they are sitting there?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Storing your balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storing your balls   Storing your balls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:02 pm

A dry place would suffice bah.

But the title of thread very very misleading......from a guy's perspective.

Was thinking if this is an IQ question. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

Storing your balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storing your balls   Storing your balls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:02 pm

Depends on how good you are. If you are such a pro golfer that can tell between Old-new balls and new-new balls, then perhaps you should follow what MC says.

I cant even tell the difference in feel if I am using 2nd hand srixon or brand new Prov1. Why bother??? My striking is not even consistent to give me same distance every shot. Some got good compression, some top, some no compression, some slice.......
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

Storing your balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storing your balls   Storing your balls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:46 pm

Gray wrote:
Depends on how good you are. If you are such a pro golfer that can tell between Old-new balls and new-new balls, then perhaps you should follow what MC says.

I cant even tell the difference in feel if I am using 2nd hand srixon or brand new Prov1. Why bother??? My striking is not even consistent to give me same distance every shot. Some got good compression, some top, some no compression, some slice.......

off topic: where to find 3 balls for $1? (preferable all same brand, all srixon or maxfli)

Tradehub 21 used to have srixon and top flite.. now only very lousy ones are in the bin..

Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

Storing your balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storing your balls   Storing your balls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:00 pm

nrafee wrote:
Gray wrote:

off topic: where to find 3 balls for $1? (preferable all same brand, all srixon or maxfli)

Tradehub 21 used to have srixon and top flite.. now only very lousy ones are in the bin..

Far east shopping centre but must buy 50 balls at one go. get 10 balls free.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Storing your balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storing your balls   Storing your balls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:01 pm

I keep them in my store room. They're golf balls. They're meant to be resilient.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

Storing your balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storing your balls   Storing your balls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Buy one dozen at a time. If need to buy more than one dozen to enjoy discounts, pool purchases with buddies. No storage problem then. Just my 2 cents worth.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

Storing your balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storing your balls   Storing your balls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:14 pm

wont expire one lah. If can expire, they will put expiry date on the box.

even if expire, so what? its not as if you are going to eat them.

Also, are you playing in such a competitive level that using slightly old balls will cause you to lose millions or even thousands?

If the stake is so huge for your level, then buy new balls every time you play lor
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Storing your balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storing your balls   Storing your balls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:34 pm

Agree with MC. Heard it's good to store the balls in the fridge to maintain the balls elasticity. No punts intended. But hor, my problem is I have many new balls and still continue buying old balls from that marshal in Poresia. Dunno why? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Storing your balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storing your balls   Storing your balls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:01 pm

nrafee wrote:
Gray wrote:

Brandon, go on Monday night. Monday is the day when new stocks comes in. Latest Tuesday. Beyond that maybe just leftovers.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

Storing your balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storing your balls   Storing your balls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Thanks spidey, but the last I went I saw that top flite, srixon are all separated and sold at a different price. Only ram, salenger, power blitz, and other unheard of brands are inside the 3 for 1 dollar bin. Sad

Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Storing your balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storing your balls   Storing your balls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:51 pm

nrafee wrote:
Thanks spidey, but the last I went I saw that top flite, srixon are all separated and sold at a different price. Only ram, salenger, power blitz, and other unheard of brands are inside the 3 for 1 dollar bin. Sad

I don't play top flite but I know there are quite a few models. Those newer models I think they become premium liao
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

Storing your balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storing your balls   Storing your balls I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:23 pm

nrafee wrote:

Bro. Buy new slazenger balls from golf direct. New balls at only 50 cts a ball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Storing your balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storing your balls   Storing your balls I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Storing your balls
Page 1 of 1