Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bushnell Non laser golf scope

Go down 
+3
S70B
mUAr_cHEe
tksoh
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tksoh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
tksoh

Bushnell Non laser golf scope Empty
PostSubject: Bushnell Non laser golf scope   Bushnell Non laser golf scope I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Bushnell Non laser golf scope 31QuRStinbL._SL500_AA280_

anybody have experience with this scope or something similar.
Thinking of getting one.

I have major problems estimating the range between 20-50metres and use the wrong club and amount of swing... lol! lol!

I only need a simple one to use within 50metres or so..... don't want to spend money on those >$300 laser/GPS type.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Bushnell Non laser golf scope   Bushnell Non laser golf scope I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 2:10 pm

tksoh,

at mbgc. this will be useful cuz the flagsitck is standard length/height.

but at keppel, it will not work. flagsticks are of different heights.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Bushnell Non laser golf scope   Bushnell Non laser golf scope I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 2:22 pm

erm...why do u need to laser flags <50m?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Bushnell Non laser golf scope   Bushnell Non laser golf scope I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 2:23 pm

precisely.

anything less than 70 metres for me... is all by feel already...
Back to top Go down
tksoh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
tksoh

PostSubject: Re: Bushnell Non laser golf scope   Bushnell Non laser golf scope I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 2:35 pm

As a beginner, I find it easier now to do half swings (only) on different wedge and reach the desired distance within 60m. anything more than half swings, the direction of the ball very very bad.

Somehow my judgement between range between 40-60m not very good, eyesight no good.... so many times either short of over of the green by several metres and waste a stroke.

I was thinking if i know the range than i pick up the correct wedge and swing confidently. Better than my Mark 1 eyeball judgement Smile....... in progress then develop my judgement.

I working to get my handicap from average score of 115... so cut a stroke with the short game and another stoke on putting will definitely help cheers
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Bushnell Non laser golf scope   Bushnell Non laser golf scope I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 3:57 pm

just sounds like you are not playing enough golf yet.

but anyway, the scope thing is not really good for such short distances i think.

believe the marks are just 50 and 75 metres for the shorter distances. is that enough for u?
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Bushnell Non laser golf scope   Bushnell Non laser golf scope I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:06 pm

Scopes and rangefinders help to gauge longer distances to pin , hazards etc ... shorter distances , i tend to agree with MC ... more with feel ....
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Bushnell Non laser golf scope   Bushnell Non laser golf scope I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:23 pm

don't waste time on such "finders" which are basically simple scopes with some graduated scale etched inside.... hahaha

Can learn boyscout/army way.. stick out your hand and reference how big the flag/object is to say your thumb.. can use to gauge distance/slope etc... Cheaper and more portable.. (or just look like goondu standing on golf course squinting with one eye and giving a thumbs-up sign) albino
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Bushnell Non laser golf scope   Bushnell Non laser golf scope I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:26 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
don't waste time on such "finders" which are basically simple scopes with some graduated scale etched inside.... hahaha

Can learn boyscout/army way.. stick out your hand and reference how big the flag/object is to say your thumb.. can use to gauge distance/slope etc... Cheaper and more portable.. (or just look like goondu standing on golf course squinting with one eye and giving a thumbs-up sign) albino

hahaha ... i like this .... ROFL
Back to top Go down
tksoh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
tksoh

PostSubject: Re: Bushnell Non laser golf scope   Bushnell Non laser golf scope I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:31 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:

can I borrow your thumb for trial? ROFL
Back to top Go down
TObe
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TObe

PostSubject: Re: Bushnell Non laser golf scope   Bushnell Non laser golf scope I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:31 pm

Haha... I agree with MC that the distance markers are hard to rely on for short dist. I also just got something similar from Tokyo last month but not easy to use for judging, esp if hands not steady to hold the thing stable.

End up I tried for 3-4 holes then gave up liao. Now will probably take out only to use as "binoculars" when it is believed that got "hot chick" golfer in the flight in front.. heh Twisted Evil

Maybe it would be better if it's got some x-ray capability.... hmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Bushnell Non laser golf scope   Bushnell Non laser golf scope I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:35 pm

actually true...

i using my bushnell now as bino more than range-finder function...
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Bushnell Non laser golf scope   Bushnell Non laser golf scope I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:36 pm

i hope can still find the Sony ones which have some x-ray capabilities .....
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bushnell Non laser golf scope   Bushnell Non laser golf scope I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:53 pm

take a golf ball, throw towards the green and see where it lands. Knowing your average throwing distance, you can estimate the distance to the flag....or just use a transparent plastic ruler or better those cheap plastic vernier which u can buy from homefix (i got one to measure my shaft cheers )
Back to top Go down
TObe
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TObe

PostSubject: Re: Bushnell Non laser golf scope   Bushnell Non laser golf scope I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 5:09 pm

tronos wrote:
take a golf ball, throw towards the green and see where it lands. Knowing your average throwing distance, you can estimate the distance to the flag....or just use a transparent plastic ruler or better those cheap plastic vernier which u can buy from homefix (i got one to measure my shaft cheers )

Measure which shaft? heh

To Mr Lam: If you can find the sony one, pls reserve one for me too!! pirat
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Bushnell Non laser golf scope   Bushnell Non laser golf scope I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 5:13 pm

TObe wrote:
tronos wrote:

Measure which shaft? heh

To Mr Lam: If you can find the sony one, pls reserve one for me too!! pirat

Will do Sir .... i still looking for it .... Razz
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bushnell Non laser golf scope   Bushnell Non laser golf scope I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 5:42 pm

"those Sony camera night vision with IR filters are very useful for finding your white ball among the tall grass & leafs and among the bushes"
that will be the excuse you use when u get caught
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bushnell Non laser golf scope   Bushnell Non laser golf scope I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bushnell Non laser golf scope
Page 1 of 1