Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help: golf bag leather flaking

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

Need help: golf bag leather flaking Empty
PostSubject: Need help: golf bag leather flaking   Need help: golf bag leather flaking I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:00 pm

I got a brand new Titleist cart bag, which after a few months sitting at home, the PU leather started getting sticky, peeling and flaking. As it was a white bag, the flaks really get all over the place and on the clubs, to the extent that I am contemplating to throw the bag away.

Granted that the bag is an older model, and was plastic wrapped when I bought it, but condition was new and I have not even brought it to greens yet. It was also kept away from sun, in the store room.

Have you experienced such prob? Anyway to save the bag? I tried to moisten the bag, but think the leather is really gone....
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Need help: golf bag leather flaking   Need help: golf bag leather flaking I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:05 pm

i've got 2 pu leather cart bags. 1 has been with me for 3 years, the other just 1 month. both are taylormade and both still fine.

sometimes not using it makes it deteriorate faster.
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: Need help: golf bag leather flaking   Need help: golf bag leather flaking I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:18 pm

I experienced the same too. Bought a used cart bag a month ago , didn't really check thru ( my fault ) and it was at night. when reach home, was clearing all the rubbish in the bag, felt some parts of the bag felt sticky, try rubbing it off.. and its start peeling off....haizzzzz... I used it today and felt like dumping it.... Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help: golf bag leather flaking   Need help: golf bag leather flaking I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help: golf bag leather flaking
Page 1 of 1