Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Advise needed on AP2

Go down 
+16
Derek
Batman
Newtogolf
andrew-golf
Turbo
gezt_ho
acidic88
joshyo
BigblackGoof
Duval_S
Kenneth
Tituman
Technospaz
Slicer51
efoong
kevinhwc
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kevinhwc
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kevinhwc

Advise needed on AP2 Empty
PostSubject: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:00 pm

I'm still new to golf. Completed my lessons and coach has already say I can get my PC already. Currently using R9 regular graphite shaft.

I am particularly interested in the AP2 that a bro is selling. It's on nspro stiff. Not sure if I can handle.

Experienced bro here, need your advise....

Thanks
Back to top Go down
efoong
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
efoong

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:09 pm

if not sure why not try it before you get it??? i think the best is to see it and feel it with your own hand and eye...

Don't ever buy something from statistic fact from the market...everyone swing also different...

Is just my point of view...

All the best and play more before you know what equipment that you really need for you game...

cheers
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:11 pm

Just my personal opinion. AP2 may not an forgiven irons for total beginner, AP1 will be more forgiven.

But again, with a less forgiven club may train you to hit better Very Happy

Stiff shaft usually suitable for player with fast swing speed. Regular shaft will be on the safer side for all.

I agreed that you should try 1st before any purchase
Back to top Go down
efoong
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
efoong

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Why not go for a fitting session to understand more before make a decision no harm tryin it...
Back to top Go down
kevinhwc
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kevinhwc

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:19 pm

How much does a fitting session cost? Also, does it help/ benefit me at this point in time, since I'm so new to golf? My 7i is getting more consistent but my woods not yet.. Always mis hit
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:27 pm

AFAIK, if you go to say Golf House to get your AP2s fitted, they don't charge you for the fitting since you're buying the set from them.

But if you have already bought a set of AP2s and now want to have them tweaked to suit your swing (i.e. post-purchase-fitting), then that depends on various factors including where you go to, whether the irons can be tweaked, how much effort it requires, how many irons etc. But that can be done in many locations including GH, BFG, WizGolf etc.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:33 pm

efoong wrote:
Why not go for a fitting session to understand more before make a decision no harm tryin it...

In my opinion, if you are a beginner have just finished your first round of coaching, I don't think getting a fitting is a good idea. You can't even hit your clubs consistently so how to fit it? Lets said You have fitted it one way during the fitting session, but due to your inconsistency swing as a beginner, your shots are still not muscled programmed, you will find your first fitting not suitable. An honest fitter will tell you to go to range and hit more balls until you achieved some form of consistency then you come back for proper fitting. But if you have achieved certain level of consistency in your swing, then by all means, go for the fitting. JMHO

titu
Back to top Go down
kevinhwc
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kevinhwc

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Thanks for all the advise... Appreciate them... I'll seriously consider if I should get the AP2 on the NSPro stiff.. I've always liked the AP2 but haven't tried them...
Back to top Go down
Kenneth
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:03 pm

Try it on their demo day: http://www.titleist.com.sg/demodays/default.asp
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:28 pm

One other thing. Aren't the AP2s more players clubs, i.e. they aren't very forgiving? I'm just wondering if they are ideal if you've just started golfing. I definitely recommend trying them out before splurging since they're not cheap.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Leap frog
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Leap frog

Actually, I agree. If you can start playing with blades early and get comfortable, then it's better. The only concern is that you may be frustrated along the way if the clubs aren't forgiving in which case, they become counter-productive. Obviously, if you can send them flying like rockets, then why not... pure talent should not go wasted on basic clubs Razz
Back to top Go down
kevinhwc
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kevinhwc

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Actually, I had the same thinking. Getting used to a not so forgiving club will help me improve in my swing, and of course I will need to bear with the ugly shots..

Anyone played both AP2 and R9 before? Any comments?
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:06 pm

I thought you should first understand what you need... another new set of clubs or one that enhances your performance? Advised from Titu and TS are all very true and valid, should seriously think about it and leave the poisons later when your game is more consistent...

IMHO, R9 irons are good enuf... i am also inspired by DGman's earlier quote: when the buying stops, the training will begin...
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:56 pm

I think ur R9s are pretty good enough. Maybe u might just wanna reshaft to NSpro steel R flex. Just an option. The R9s were a pretty high end club by US standards and the technology in them are still being used in other TM irons like the newer R11s (but slightly improved).

Like you im pretty new too and i was actually considering the R9s as i've tried the R11s and love them but the R11s were a little on the expensive side. After some deliberation and going through reviews, i decided on mizuno Jpx 800 with NSpro 950 though. Loving my mizunos now. *OT a bit* For me, steel gives a more balanced feel and slightly more accurate for me. Love it a ton..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 6:10 pm

I think you should look for a club which gives you some forgiveness but not too much, and yet still maintain a blade-type approach. Perhaps the Mizuno JPX 800 Pro (forged) Smile Check out the Golf Digest Hot List for game improvement clubs... quite a good range there Smile
Back to top Go down
acidic88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm using R9 and they are more than enough for my standards (100+). I have hit a number of shots using AP2 at the range. If you are comparing AP2 and R9, I can tell you that AP2 (being forged) is alot sweeter IF you hit it right. Distance wise, they are similar in my case. IMHO, master your game using existing irons until you feel that the irons are holding you back. Smile
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:50 pm

acidic88. Word. My prev set of R flex graphite irons were too whippy for my liking and were affecting my game psychologically. Switched to steels and lovin it.
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:51 pm

Anyone know AP2(712) selling how much?
I saw golf direct selling $1300(NS pro shaft) plus if not wrong.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:53 pm

gezt_ho wrote:

Golf Simply @ FESC maybe selling lower and they have the liberty to reduce the price further as they are parellel importer unlike GD who is one of the authorised local agent of Titleist equipment.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:54 pm

I feel buying AP2 must buy from authorized dealers...

Like MST, GH or BFG
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:57 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
I feel buying AP2 must buy from authorized dealers...

Like MST, GH or BFG

Can emphasis more?
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Turbo wrote:
gezt_ho wrote:

Golf Simply @ FESC maybe selling lower and they have the liberty to reduce the price further as they are parellel importer unlike GD who is one of the authorised local agent of Titleist equipment.

Thks for info .
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Cos it's TITLEIST!!!

U pay a premium price

So don't get parallel import
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:13 pm

Golf Direct and Vinc Sport are also authorised resellers of Titleist.

Although Golf Simply is a parellel importer of brands like Mizuno, TM and Titleist, they are authentic. If not, Acushnet and/or Adidas-TM will sue them for sure. They display their clubs openly at their shop in FESC. BTW, Golf SImply is the authorised agent of many well known shaft brands, apparel brands like Travis Matthew, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advise needed on AP2   Advise needed on AP2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advise needed on AP2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next