Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cart path drop discussion MBGC Hole 9

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
monsterlonester
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Cart path drop discussion MBGC Hole 9 Empty
PostSubject: Cart path drop discussion MBGC Hole 9   Cart path drop discussion MBGC Hole 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 12:15 am

I was playing MBGC Hole 9 where I have some questions regarding free drop when stance is affected by cart path. Anyone familiar with MBGC Hole 9, please feel free to discuss.

So I hit the tee shot long, past the cart path and lodged into the steep incline behind. I address the ball and my left foot is partly on the cart path. So I guess I'm entitled to a free drop. I take 2 steps forward and I'm actually equi-distance from the flag ( along the same circumference as my original spot) and I take the drop. The cart path still interferes with my stance. I continually take a drop and the cart path continually interferes with my stance. I finally come to a point after numerous drops where I am much further from the flag distance-wise but I have a flatter lie.

I am wondering if there are anything wrong with this understanding.
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: Cart path drop discussion MBGC Hole 9   Cart path drop discussion MBGC Hole 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:23 am

sounds correct..
but hv to be on site to determine where the nearest point of relief.. maybe nearest point might be behind yur ball back up the incline...
u must take complete relief from the cartpath but not nearer to the hole..
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Cart path drop discussion MBGC Hole 9   Cart path drop discussion MBGC Hole 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:31 am

it does not sound wrong... but dun think u can take free relief not nearer to the hole until u are on the red tee box that is also along the circumference of the hole...
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Cart path drop discussion MBGC Hole 9   Cart path drop discussion MBGC Hole 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:14 am

If you hit behind the hole, past the cart path into the incline, it sounds like the proper drop would be further up the incline in the bushes if needed, that's why sometimes it may be better to just play with one foot on the path.......to me, what you did sounds wrong as you should drop within one club length....
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Cart path drop discussion MBGC Hole 9   Cart path drop discussion MBGC Hole 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:03 am

You must take FULL relief from the path first. It must be the nearest point of relief. In this case if the ball is not on the path only your foot, then I suggest backwards up the hill.
You do not get to choose. If the drop is now in bushes or worse lie, that's tough luck, the relief is from the path not the bush.

Just so you are aware, free drop is not one clublength, it is find your nearest point of full relief from the obstruction. Then you get one clublength from there. Beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cart path drop discussion MBGC Hole 9   Cart path drop discussion MBGC Hole 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cart path drop discussion MBGC Hole 9
Page 1 of 1