Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter Empty
PostSubject: Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter   Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:43 am

I have this John Reuter Jr. Bulls Eye classic 1940 putter. For personal collection though. The head will turn golden colour when oxidised.

Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter 9qbsih
Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter X28bpz
Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter 1zcmm4m

And this is how it looks like after oxidising process.
Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter A4rddh
Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter 2mbqkk
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter   Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi Bro did you diy your own oxidixing? If yes can explain to me how? I own an exact copy like yours too. Am keeping it for collection purpose. Thanks
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter   Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:23 pm

hi bro tituman

yes i do it by myself bro. first, you need to get this 'autosol paste' from supermarket. i think you can find it in the motorcar-care department. get a plastic glove and polish it until the 'paste' turns black and wipe it with dry tissue. the more you polish, the brighter it will get. it takes about 2 weeks or so to get it bright. please bare in mind, after you polish it, try not to touch the head until it is fully oxidised. or there will be your fingerprints on it.

here's the pic of autosol:
Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter 2wck5q9

dont forget to use plastic glove because the autosol can cause your skin to peel off.

sorry for my bad english. hope you can understand what i mean Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter   Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:06 pm

I think you mean remove the oxidation by polishing?

I prefer to leave oxidized patina as the shiny putter is a bit too bright to use for putting on the course on a sunny day.

I also have a very old bullseye; think I used to have like 4-5 last time but sold them off as I have too many putters.. hahaha
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter   Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:19 pm

oh thats a pity that you sold them off. i'm buying classic putters for personal collection. i'm looking for a hiro matsumoto putter
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter   Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:52 am

audi wrote:
hi bro tituman

yes i do it by myself bro. first, you need to get this 'autosol paste' from supermarket. i think you can find it in the motorcar-care department. get a plastic glove and polish it until the 'paste' turns black and wipe it with dry tissue. the more you polish, the brighter it will get. it takes about 2 weeks or so to get it bright. please bare in mind, after you polish it, try not to touch the head until it is fully oxidised. or there will be your fingerprints on it.

here's the pic of autosol:
Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter 2wck5q9

dont forget to use plastic glove because the autosol can cause your skin to peel off.

sorry for my bad english. hope you can understand what i mean Very Happy

Tks bro Audi, i have the autosol in fact at home but did not use it as after sometime, the oxidisation will come back again. I am afraid that evrytime you used the autosol, a certain amount of the bronze will be rubbed off. I thought you used some kind of liquid solution and just dipped it inside for a period of time. Tks bro

titu
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter   Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:50 am

no bro, autosol dont make the bronze rubbed off. have been doing it for months. as for dipping in liquid solution, i think that will be better because the shine will last longer but i still cant find the right liquid. am afraid to experiment using this putter ahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter   Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Acushnet John Reuter Jr. bulls eye putter
Page 1 of 1