Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Honest John

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
caution
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
caution

Honest John Empty
PostSubject: Honest John   Honest John I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:36 pm

Now sure anyone play this game before. As the title mention, the game is called honest John. How it is played is as follows;

1. Each player delcare his or her score before the start of the game (For example, player A will guess his final score for the game to be 95, Player B 100 etc)
2. At the end of the game, 4 holes will be randomly pick (2 hole per 9 holes) to be the joker holes (meaning the 4 holes will be par regardless what score you get for these 4 holes).
3. The golfer who guess his or her score for the game will be the winner.

This game will be even more interesting if more than 1 flight were to particpant as the prize money or bet will be more.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

Honest John Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest John   Honest John I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:45 pm

sounds like fun, just that gameplay will not be very competitive and intense, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
caution
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
caution

Honest John Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest John   Honest John I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:50 pm

haragolfer wrote:
sounds like fun, just that gameplay will not be very competitive and intense, IMHO.

This is game is more like having fun while playing golf end of the day you will see who is the biggest buaya.
Back to top Go down
kevlye
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kevlye

Honest John Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest John   Honest John I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:55 pm

the version i played has the folliwng variations:
- the 4 joker holes picked are used to calculate the player's handicap
- the calculated handicap is used to offset the GROSS SCORE (i.e. total number of strokes taken to complete the 18 holes) to arrive at the NET SCORE
- the NET SCORE is compared to the score declared by the player before the game
- the player with the NET SCORE closest (but cannot be lower than) the score declared before the game is declared the winner (Note: players with NET SCORE lower than the declared score are considered "OB" because they are dishonest)

Fun way to have a friendly competition, especially when there are couples present for the game or the group consist of golfers with significant differences in actual handicaps.

Because of the element of luck involved with the joker holes, blowing the "right" holes could actually help a golfer win the competition.
Back to top Go down
caution
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
caution

Honest John Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest John   Honest John I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:29 pm

kevlye wrote:
Because of the element of luck involved with the joker holes, blowing the "right" holes could actually help a golfer win the competition.

You are right on this point. The exciting part is you will never know which 4 holes are the jokers so it makes the game very exciting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Honest John Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest John   Honest John I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honest John
Page 1 of 1