Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie Uncle needs advice.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sunnydaze
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Newbie Uncle needs advice. Empty
PostSubject: Newbie Uncle needs advice.   Newbie Uncle needs advice. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:44 pm

Repost from Intro Section.

Took my first ever golf swing at age 44 in Jul '11

Spoke to a fitter while getting a "fitted" set for my 8 yr old son when a parent told me the Perry gear my son is using seems a bit short for him. Son is only into his 8th lesson.

Chatted with the fitter on how i feel with the current set and he got me to try a set the shop is selling as well as the below, both steel shaft. The one below actually feels better and the ball went stright and further. But i hit too few shots to be able to access.

Since i just started, was thinking maybe i should learn and improve correctly and not slowly letting the wrong ones becomes a habit and have problems later. So maybe a less forgiving set? on the other hand, i dont want one a set that i cant handle. Also, friend say i cant handle steel shaft at this stage. Think i am jumping the gun?
Current club feels bottom heavy. The ones i tried feels more balenced.

I think i am addicted to golf and confused.

Newbie Uncle needs advice. Ace_cl15

Current set is loan Nike Sling Shot 2006 model with stock graphite shaft, club head got TOUR engraving.

Back to top Go down
sunnydaze
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Uncle needs advice.   Newbie Uncle needs advice. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 10:18 am

Tried my friends MP57 and MP58 at the range, siok lah. But the MP58 is a tat too heavy for me.

They also tell me the one i tried at the range is call full muscle back, very unforgiving and not suitable for me.

They advice me to stick to my current set.
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Uncle needs advice.   Newbie Uncle needs advice. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 10:32 am

One advice - Get proper lessons from a coach you feel comfortable with. Set objectives with him/her to build up your fundamentals. Address the equipment issue later or when you show your coach why they do not work for you.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Uncle needs advice.   Newbie Uncle needs advice. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:37 pm

samT wrote:
One advice - Get proper lessons from a coach you feel comfortable with. Set objectives with him/her to build up your fundamentals. Address the equipment issue later or when you show your coach why they do not work for you.

I 2nd the motion.

You have to find a good Golf coach who can teach you the proper way to swing. And not those "Quick Fix"

Let me tell you about my wife Agnes, being a junGolfer once, she can hit those steel shaft and graphite shaft. She can even hit my Callaway Project X steel shaft with ease. So whether your using a steel shaft or graphite shaft. Whether its forged irons or Cavity Back. As long as you possessed a Good swing plane. Playing Golf will be easy for you.

In my golf home course, I have seen a lot of senior military and non-military who took up Golf as a past time or recreation hobby. Some got "hooked" on it and play 3x a week.

Some used graphite and some used steel. And becuase they play 3 to 5x a week. Their Golf game is simply an Amazing act to watch.

You see they may not possess a Picture perfect Golf swing. But their irons and short game is well honed that they often beat Sunday golfers or once a week golfers.

Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
sunnydaze
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Uncle needs advice.   Newbie Uncle needs advice. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 6:10 pm

Thanks you guys for the advice.

i finished my 10hrs beginner lesson in end Aug. Maybe will go into intermidiate class in Feb or march.

Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Uncle needs advice.   Newbie Uncle needs advice. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 7:47 pm

Eh, dun call yourself uncle lei....
We same age then my golf kaki start calling me uncle how eh... not good not good...
I am a "kid" one....
Back to top Go down
sunnydaze
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Uncle needs advice.   Newbie Uncle needs advice. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 6:37 pm

haha.......... got teenager calling me uncle already. Golf kakis not yet though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Uncle needs advice.   Newbie Uncle needs advice. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie Uncle needs advice.
Page 1 of 1