Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for a term membership in JB

Go down 
+9
3131T
Dan5
golfjunkie
deckbuild
Turbo
Denmeister
hwdq
jimmychoo
p3nboy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

Looking for a term membership in JB Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:39 pm

I am looking for the above where spouse can enjoy full golfing privileges. Any advice?
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:43 pm

Term membership usually apply to only 1 person excluding spouse. Why not go for a full membership, it's not that expensive in JB.....
Back to top Go down
hwdq
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:20 pm

I like Tanjong Putri, couple of courses to choose from and term is around RM 3500 (last checked), the downside is some time the heavy traffic (as the same road used by container trucks to the nearby port) could be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:00 pm

If you are ok with a walking course, what I can suggest is buy a lifetime membership at RJCC.

Whole family can use the facilities and also golf. As it is a transferrable membership, if u do decide to stop, it can always be sold.

Have you played at RJCC before?

If you are interested, I have a friend who is selling his off. He has moved to KL so will not be using it anymore.

The going rate is RM 15,000 ++
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:37 pm

p3nboy wrote:
I am looking for the above where spouse can enjoy full golfing privileges. Any advice?

For term membership, usually you cannot enjoy full golfing privileges such as, you cannot tee in the morning on Saturday. Sat AM tee off is strictly reserved for full member only. However, you can still tee off on Sat PM and Sunday both AM & PM.

You can consider Starhill Golf Resort which is well managed by the Japanese. I am currently a term member there. The annual term membership is only RM3500.

The good thing about term membership is one does not neet to pay monthly subscription fee. For full membership, whether you play often or not, you need to pay subscription fee.
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:58 pm

Thank you for all the advice. I understand that Palm Resort term membership do extend full golfing privileges to spouse.
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 2:17 pm

any Palm Resort group here? do you mind if we join your group to play?
Back to top Go down
deckbuild
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 11:20 am

Turbo wrote:
p3nboy wrote:

For term membership, usually you cannot enjoy full golfing privileges such as, you cannot tee in the morning on Saturday. Sat AM tee off is strictly reserved for full member only. However, you can still tee off on Sat PM and Sunday both AM & PM.

You can consider Starhill Golf Resort which is well managed by the Japanese. I am currently a term member there. The annual term membership is only RM3500.

The good thing about term membership is one does not neet to pay monthly subscription fee. For full membership, whether you play often or not, you need to pay subscription fee.

Sorry for digging up old thread, but would like to check, for term membership, do you still pay green fee?
Back to top Go down
golfjunkie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
golfjunkie

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 11:23 am

what's the point of membership if still must pay green fee? usually members only need to pay for buggy or caddy fee.
Back to top Go down
deckbuild
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 11:25 am

golfjunkie wrote:
what's the point of membership if still must pay green fee? usually members only need to pay for buggy or caddy fee.

Thanks for the advice Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dan5
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dan5

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 11:34 am

p3nboy wrote:
Thank you for all the advice. I understand that Palm Resort term membership do extend full golfing privileges to spouse.

Laughing my friends n I also interested in the Palm Resort term membership, like to find out more about the club and is it easy to book a flight and are they strict with the flight time slot like in SGP?

hope to get some feedback from the current members. Thank you in advance cheers
Back to top Go down
deckbuild
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 11:43 am

Dan5 wrote:
p3nboy wrote:

Laughing my friends n I also interested in the Palm Resort term membership, like to find out more about the club and is it easy to book a flight and are they strict with the flight time slot like in SGP?

I don't really understand, why do they give out green voucher when you don't have to pay for the green after joining as a term member.

http://www.palmresort.com/golf-membership-65.aspx

Btw, you play very often in JB?
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:02 pm

golfjunkie wrote:

At nsrcc, we still have to pay green fee leh... And iirc, its the most utilized or most number of play per day, maybe in the world...
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:03 pm

p3nboy wrote:

u can try Legend if journey is not an issue to u....
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:39 pm

deckbuild wrote:

Sorry for digging up old thread, but would like to check, for term membership, do you still pay green fee?

For Starhill, term member only pays about MYR35 - MYR45 (depending on the course and no. of golfers) each time. I think that is not green fee. It is more like Buggy or Turfmate/Caddy fee.
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:12 pm

Dan5 wrote:
p3nboy wrote:

Palm resort is cheap- i sold mine for only S$2,200 and the whole family can use. I think you only need to pay Rm35/pax + RM150/mth for the entire family. Pay 11 months, get 12th month free.

3x18 is good variety.
Back to top Go down
TiVi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:38 pm

any feedback on getting lifetime/term member of Poresia?
pretty run down place imo but it's nearest to Sg and they have got 3-4 courses if i'm not wrong..
Back to top Go down
Happy Feet
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:43 pm

fantastic course......if u can play below 80 in poresia, u can play below 80 in mbgc
Back to top Go down
mrkatsucurry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mrkatsucurry

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 12:12 am

Hi guys, I'm looking for one as well.

Golf for me, spa for wife, facilities for kid.

Went to Pulai springs, recently felt it was very run down. Quite saying really. Greens becoming bunkers. Hotel quite poorly maintained.

Looked up Tanjong puteri, and the trip advisor Page has at least 2 rather scary robbery cases.

Any other recommendations from you guys?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a term membership in JB   Looking for a term membership in JB I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for a term membership in JB
Page 1 of 1