Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First time going to see Singapore Open

Go down 
+4
poresia
daveaha
pushslice
ironstarz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ironstarz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
ironstarz

First time going to see Singapore  Open Empty
PostSubject: First time going to see Singapore Open   First time going to see Singapore  Open I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:29 pm

I am planning to head down on Sat and Sun. Being first timer to such event, wht should I expect as should not do ?? Please share . Thks
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: First time going to see Singapore Open   First time going to see Singapore  Open I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:04 pm

dont forget your hat/cap, sun block, an umbrella, wear sneakers for comfort.

I prefer to follow a pro for 18 hole round than to stay put at certain tee box or green. I want to see different types of shots

dont take pics at the tee box

wait till last hole finish then get your fav pro's signature

hang around the practice green (hole 1) if you want to check out pros' WITB and overhear what they're chatting and their putting routine
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: First time going to see Singapore Open   First time going to see Singapore  Open I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 2:31 pm

Basically, try not to take pictures everywhere (depending on the marshalls) - can do it discreetly. Be a good spectator and don't ruin the tournament (jaywalking accross the fairways, chit chating loudly, littering, be quiet when you're asked to, etc etc).

Bring water also do hydrate yourself.

Wear sneakers would be good, not sandal or golf shoe (for me).
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: First time going to see Singapore Open   First time going to see Singapore  Open I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:30 pm

bring a disposable poncho if u hv. make sure u get a tee time sheet so u can estimate where r the players u wanna watch n proceed to the holes. normally i try to position myself at 1st or 1oth tee to watch all the players tee off then goto to the holes where my favourite golfers will be. based on tee time, u can gauge where your fav golfers will be.

saturday n sunday will be easier bcos only Serapong will be used.
Back to top Go down
slyster
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
slyster

PostSubject: Re: First time going to see Singapore Open   First time going to see Singapore  Open I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:55 pm

Am planning to go down tomorrow morning. Will probably be following one of the following four flights - (Oosthuizen/Molinari - 0915, MacDowell - 0925, Els/Justin Rose - 0935, or Jimenez/Bjorn - 0945) @ Tanjong Course.

Anyone keen to join me?
Back to top Go down
Yeoyc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: First time going to see Singapore Open   First time going to see Singapore  Open I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm planning on going there on Saturday. Wanna watch Phil if he makes the cut hehe
Back to top Go down
loserjo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: First time going to see Singapore Open   First time going to see Singapore  Open I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 5:59 pm

that's if Phil make the cut, wonderful guy with great shot but could be wild at time. a iron shot from the cart path and a driver shot for the 2nd shot par 5 from Phil made my trip to Sentosa today worth every cents...
Back to top Go down
ewyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: First time going to see Singapore Open   First time going to see Singapore  Open I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Seeing the pros played can be so inspiring. See how they shape the ball.....looked so simple. Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First time going to see Singapore Open   First time going to see Singapore  Open I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First time going to see Singapore Open
Page 1 of 1