Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prescription sunglasses

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
goGoffy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Prescription sunglasses Empty
PostSubject: Prescription sunglasses   Prescription sunglasses I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:13 am

Need your opinion that for those with bad eyesight ( short sightedness of about 800 with astigmatism of 200) whether the sunglass with the insert presciption lens attached to the inside of the sunglass or the colour lens which is attached to the frame of the spectacle which can be flipped over would be more suitable.

I am more concerned with the vision and comfort as those with bad eyesight would appreciate.with every change of spectacle.

Both addidas and rudy project have the insert types, but only rudy project has the flip over as far as I know. They are quite costly. Prescription lenses vary in thickness depending on its degree, hence trying the spectacle in the showcase would not be verh helpful.

I have used the fit over (the goggle type that fit over the spectacle) which my optician recommended but I dont find it comfortable. I am not used to wearing contact lenses as well.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Prescription sunglasses   Prescription sunglasses I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:31 am

Hi,

I have shortsightedness (lao hua) and also a bit of astigmatism previously and went for lasik in early 2008 for correction. I am quite satisfied with the result as I do not need glasses now. The procedure that I underwent is Mono-vision. That is, one eye is used for seeing far and the other eye for reading. It's a little bit of discomfort initially to have one eye different from the other but over time your brain will auto-correct it and you should be comfortable after say 6 months.

The procedure is quite painless and fast (less than 15 minutes). The waiting time is a bit long though but worth every single cent.

By the way, in early 2008 it costs $2500 for both eyes. Now I think you can get it done for $2000 for both eyes.

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
goGoffy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Prescription sunglasses   Prescription sunglasses I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:52 am

Thanks TDO, much appreciated but I am looking for a non-surgery option.
Those with short sightedness cannot see objects far away but can see near. I believe it is also called myopia. Lao hua is for those that can see far but cannot see near.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Prescription sunglasses   Prescription sunglasses I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:54 am

goGoffy wrote:
Thanks TDO, much appreciated but I am looking for a non-surgery option.
Those with short sightedness cannot see objects far away but can see near. I believe it is also called myopia. Lao hua is for those that can see far but cannot see near.

You're welcome. I am enjoying life better after the surgery. cheers
Back to top Go down
Fore-Fore
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Fore-Fore

PostSubject: Re: Prescription sunglasses   Prescription sunglasses I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 12:30 am

What about using transition lens? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prescription sunglasses   Prescription sunglasses I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prescription sunglasses
Page 1 of 1