Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to respray driver head?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yanguei
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Where to respray driver head? Empty
PostSubject: Where to respray driver head?   Where to respray driver head? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:53 am

My wife's bag fell on the range and scratched the driver (with a slight dent) and 3-wood. the chipped part, the paint came off. the set is just 2 months old and the driver just 1 week old. She was more sad that her recent 4-putted incidents.

Anyone know where can I get the driver and 3 wood respray?

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Where to respray driver head?   Where to respray driver head? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:21 pm

If you know anyone at a car respray/panel beaters well, they can do it for you. Even repair the dent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
yanguei
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to respray driver head?   Where to respray driver head? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:38 pm

eiji wrote:
If you know anyone at a car respray/panel beaters well, they can do it for you. Even repair the dent.

That was what I was thinking as well. but hard to find someone who is willing to do such a small job. also after they spray, they will bake it. so have to redo the head and shaft fixing?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Where to respray driver head?   Where to respray driver head? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 1:12 pm

I don't think normal painting will last with all the hitting and vibration from the impact. I think after painting it has to be heat treated for it to be hard and durable.
Back to top Go down
yanguei
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to respray driver head?   Where to respray driver head? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:33 pm

TDO wrote:
I don't think normal painting will last with all the hitting and vibration from the impact. I think after painting it has to be heat treated for it to be hard and durable.

Oh. So have to pull out the shaft, paint, treat and put back the shaft?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Where to respray driver head?   Where to respray driver head? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:47 pm

yanguei wrote:
TDO wrote:

Oh. So have to pull out the shaft, paint, treat and put back the shaft?

IMHO, yes. If not the shaft will be damaged not to mention the adhesive holding the shaft after going though heat treatment. I am not entirely sure if you want to go ahead with the "facial" as the dent may have altered the characteristics of the club. Best to check with the experts or the club manufacturer (if possible).

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Where to respray driver head?   Where to respray driver head? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:48 pm

I spray my old favourite fairways wood club heads once in a while. The paint work don't last as long as original but that's the best I can do.

I've found that it's not worth asking car re-spray shop to do it, unless they are your friends. Most of them will either quote you a price so high that you might as well buy a new head. You can try JB, may be it will cost less.

Touching up the dent is also not a good idea, you will alter its weight.

If you are covered with insurance, you should just file a claim and replace the head with a new one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to respray driver head?   Where to respray driver head? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to respray driver head?
Page 1 of 1