Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Kakis in HK

Go down 
+3
weaponx
Tituman
Lisy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lisy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lisy

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 6:55 pm

Anyone who is in HK or going to be in HK soon?
Do you know about this?

https://www.facebook.com/HKGolfKakis

Last edited by Lisy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:05 pm

Confirm I will be in HK from 3rd Dec to 1st Jan 2012 and staying at Happy Valley location for the whole month. Anyone have any idea how to get to Kau Sai Chau Public Course? Can I just take a cab and arrive there directly without any hassled? Thanks in advance.

tituman
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:25 pm

Having briefly googled, am I right to say that only access is by ferry? Cab won't be able to access KSC directly to Drop Bag area? Thanks again.

titu
Back to top Go down
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:54 pm

hi titu, thats right.. you need to take cab (or u can try public transport if not afraid of hassle) to sai kung ferry pier, then take the KSC ferry across to the island, once u get off the ferry, there will be a shuttle bus to take u to the bag drop area

http://www.kscgolf.org.hk/eng/going.html

Back to top Go down
Lisy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lisy

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 9:22 pm

weaponx..

Are you in HK at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Lisy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lisy

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 9:29 pm

It seemed to be hard to locate people who are as keen playing golf in HK..

Keen people are not connected..

Last edited by Lisy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:59 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 9:54 pm

David, be prepared to be rushed playing that course. The last time we played there on a weekday, it was 3 mins between flights. The marshals were rushing us after the first tee shots and asked us to hit even before the flight in front os have not left the green.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:11 pm

Tituman wrote:
Having briefly googled, am I right to say that only access is by ferry? Cab won't be able to access KSC directly to Drop Bag area? Thanks again.

titu

The KSC golf course is located on an island, like Bintan or Batam, and only accessible by ferry operated by the golf club.

Best way for you is find out the bus route and take the buses to Sai Kung where the ferry terminal is located. From the bus stop, you need to carry your golf bag to the ferry pier, a short walk (7 iron distance).

Cars and cabs will not drop you off at the piers, so you still need to carry your bag, or use the complimentary trolleys to pull your bag to the piers.

Advisbale to use lightweight stand bag, or golf bags with castors.

Upon arrival at the island side, there will be shuttle buses to take you to club house and bag drops.

Enjoy KSC. Bring a dozen balls for first visit, unless you are sure of your distances from high elevations, against strong winds, and across dee, long ravines. It is a great course, fantastic views.

Back to top Go down
Lisy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lisy

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:28 pm

Tituman starts doing his homework already.. ^__^
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:32 pm

Ya Lisy. Think quite difficicult or "MLF" Mah L.. Fun" to get there ha ha
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:35 pm

blee2007 wrote:
David, be prepared to be rushed playing that course. The last time we played there on a weekday, it was 3 mins between flights. The marshals were rushing us after the first tee shots and asked us to hit even before the flight in front os have not left the green.

Tks Bernard. Well then, any accident is Marshal's fault then ha ha.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:38 pm

freedrop wrote:
Tituman wrote:

titu

The KSC golf course is located on an island, like Bintan or Batam, and only accessible by ferry operated by the golf club.

Best way for you is find out the bus route and take the buses to Sai Kung where the ferry terminal is located. From the bus stop, you need to carry your golf bag to the ferry pier, a short walk (7 iron distance).

Cars and cabs will not drop you off at the piers, so you still need to carry your bag, or use the complimentary trolleys to pull your bag to the piers.

Advisbale to use lightweight stand bag, or golf bags with castors.

Upon arrival at the island side, there will be shuttle buses to take you to club house and bag drops.

Enjoy KSC. Bring a dozen balls for first visit, unless you are sure of your distances from high elevations, against strong winds, and across dee, long ravines. It is a great course, fantastic views.

Bro Freedrop, if anything will take a cab to the pier and take ferry, ie if I am so desperate. Still I might just do that since I brought my bag to HK. Oh, I carry my Bushnell with slope rating with me so it will already have compensated for me the distance. The worrying part will be wind factor. Hope to catch up a local game with you soon. Will be calling you soon. Cheers bro.

titu

Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:39 pm

Lisy, are you in HK right now? You do sound like you already are. scratch

PS : Oh pardon me. YOu are in HK now. Saw it on your profile description. Have you played KSC already? Do you drive in HK?
Back to top Go down
Lisy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lisy

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:06 pm

Yes.. In HK at the moment..

That is why i found it hard to find buddies in HK..

Last edited by Lisy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:24 pm

If you are working in HK and have a resident card, you can play at local rates, which is a lot cheaper than foreigners rate. I remember I paid HK$900+ for 18 holes. Locals pay only HK$600+.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:59 pm

Foreigners pay about HK870 on their site. Do we have to pay extra for caddie and buggy? Oh I don't have any issue with slow play as long as the front flight don't walk back towards me ha ha. I am the type who see ball hit ball ha ha.
Back to top Go down
Lisy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lisy

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:03 am

Have you spent some time in HK before?

Last edited by Lisy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 7:20 am

Tituman wrote:
Foreigners pay about HK870 on their site. Do we have to pay extra for caddie and buggy? Oh I don't have any issue with slow play as long as the front flight don't walk back towards me ha ha. I am the type who see ball hit ball ha ha.

HK870, plus ferry/shuttles, and I think may be insurance. No caddies. I just remember I paid a sum starting with 9.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 7:28 am

Lisy wrote:
You knew so many things there freedom..
Have you spent some time in HK before?

I used to go to HK every month, sometimes stay for 2 weeks or 3 weeks. I have my own office there (North Point). So I know HK very well, been to almost every corner of HK. Usually I stay in Kowloong (TST area), but I also go to Causway Bay and Wanchai for dinner and entertainment. But for golf, I usually play in HKGC at Fanling, they have 3x18 very nice courses, with many graveyards in their faiways. If you land your drives on the graves, you must kowtow to them, otherwise when you are on the green, you wil always 3-putt for no reasons.
Back to top Go down
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:36 am

@Lisy - yes i'm in HK at the moment

@freedrop - you are correct, hkid card holders do get cheaper rates

@titu - ksc has no caddies, no need to pay for cart. note that the north course is a walking course, so no cart needed, u need to pay extra if you want an electric trolley. east/south are buggy courses but on track only. you juz need to add the ferry price onto the green free price, i tihnk its hkd60 or 80.. can't rem....

http://www.kscgolf.org.hk/eng/course.html
Under Fees and Charges
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:24 pm

weaponx wrote:
@Lisy - yes i'm in HK at the moment

@freedrop - you are correct, hkid card holders do get cheaper rates

@titu - ksc has no caddies, no need to pay for cart. note that the north course is a walking course, so no cart needed, u need to pay extra if you want an electric trolley. east/south are buggy courses but on track only. you juz need to add the ferry price onto the green free price, i tihnk its hkd60 or 80.. can't rem....

http://www.kscgolf.org.hk/eng/course.html
Under Fees and Charges

Tks weaponx. If you are still around in HK in Dec, will surely have a game with you too. Besides paying the ferry, the one which hurt more is taking a cab from Happy Valley to Sai Kung Ferry Point ya?? affraid
Back to top Go down
Lisy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lisy

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:01 am

It is hard to find games that you can play..
also especially when you do not have your buddies with you..

Last edited by Lisy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:40 am

Lisy wrote:
Going to have fun on 18th November at Long Island GC, Dongguan, China..

Anyone interested in joining the Singapore Chamber of Commerce (HK) Annual Golf Event, have to act fast.. Last day to register is 18th October 2011.. Hooray

What is the entrance fee?
Back to top Go down
Lisy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lisy

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:29 am

That is why HK Golf Kakis is born..

Last edited by Lisy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lisy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lisy

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:29 am

Trying to forster learning, practicing and playing together with people that are alike..

Last edited by Lisy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golf Kakis in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Kakis in HK   Golf Kakis in HK I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Kakis in HK
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next