Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing?

Go down 
+2
mox
zixter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
zixter
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? Empty
PostSubject: Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing?   Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:41 am

My swing consistently look like this but about 1 out of 5 times I will either hit short or shank .. Can anyone help me analyze where can I tweak to make the impact more consistent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F18jzbTI6n8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing?   Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:44 am

Hi there,

I'm sure some of the experienced golfers here will be along with some tips shortly, but first may i ask where is the range you are at in the video?
Back to top Go down
zixter
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing?   Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:47 am

Bukit batok sir
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing?   Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 1:59 am

Interesting looking range .. I was about the same question!!!
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing?   Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:01 am

see a coach, a proper golf professional.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing?   Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:59 am

Zixter

You have a condition at the top of your swing referred to as "Across the Line"
In your case, it is due to your upper body over rotating or turning too much
Your arms get too far behind your body and the club shaft crosses the line or points to the right of your target

Here is your swing versus what I would prefer to see. Notice the big gap under your right arm

Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? Top11Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? Top_210

I wont get into too much detail here but the effect of this is that it causes your spine angle to have to straighten up at impact. You can see from the pictures below how your impact does not resemble your set up

Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? Set_up13Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? Impact13

In the model you will notice the set up and impact are still similar spine angles

Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? Set_up10Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? Impact11

How to correct it?? That will have a lot to do with your set up and how you turn. Something than can be corrected with a couple of lessons from a pro

Back to top Go down
zixter
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing?   Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:09 am

Thanks Paul.

I have been trying very hard to keep my spine angle throughout the swing but I just could not .. Let me try to experiment in the range how I can eliminate this across the line.

I would also like to explore taking some correction lessons as advised ...
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing?   Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:14 am

You would often be doing more harm than good by trying to experiment, because you think you are doing and what you are actually doing can be worlds apart.

finding a proper coach, and paying in the region of 70-120 for 1 lesson to get your swing fix would be rewarding.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing?   Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:24 am

Quote :
eiji wrote:
You would often be doing more harm than good by trying to experiment, because you think you are doing and what you are actually doing can be worlds apart.

finding a proper coach, and paying in the region of 70-120 for 1 lesson to get your swing fix would be rewarding.

agree with eiji......I am a walking example of a 'defective' golfer......but I hope all these will be resurrected by this year end.
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing?   Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:33 am

zixter wrote:
Thanks Paul.

I have been trying very hard to keep my spine angle throughout the swing but I just could not ..

Unfortunately this is the problem with all of us. We get informed of the "obvious" faults in our swing and then try to fix that part. In fact we can never fix the obvious problems that we and others can see because that is the "symptom". You need to trace it back to the cause of the problem which is 9/10 times due to the set up.

Over rotating the body is definitely a set up related problem. Correct the set up and practice some drills to give the correct feeling and it can then be corrected.
A good drill for you is "head to target drill"

Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing?   Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:38 am

Found this video of the drill in my archives

Back to top Go down
zixter
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing?   Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:47 am

Fellow golfers, I agree too and looking for a professional coach will be what I will advise others too!

I am serious about improving but because I am playing for about a year on a weekly basis now, my reservations might be very much similar to the many others.

1) I am afraid of making too much changes till my swing completely "chui", hence my weekly games will be affected.

2) My current swing has been self corrections over the past year. I feel that part of the fun of this game comes from this self-realization and even if the results are not perfect, it does help improve myself in some other ways -- like being more patient =)

And Paul, I just saw your latest message while I was posting this. Many thanks again for taking time to dissect my swing and posting a video! I will analyze it during lunch =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing?   Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would anyone be able to provide advice on my swing?
Page 1 of 1