Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cobra Long Tom Driver

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

Cobra Long Tom Driver  Empty
PostSubject: Cobra Long Tom Driver    Cobra Long Tom Driver  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:20 pm

Back to top Go down
kevinhkh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Long Tom Driver    Cobra Long Tom Driver  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi,
R u using a long tom already? Just wana ask how is the feel of using the driver on the course. Tried it at theswing trial area at Isetan. Felt good with it, especially the grip. Whats your take on the driver?
Kevin
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Long Tom Driver    Cobra Long Tom Driver  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:35 pm

Hey Kevin,

how does it sound like?

When I read the review about the Long Tom....

was wondering how would it fit on our Golf bag?

Would it be too long ?

Also the Long Tom didn't fall into the Golf Digest Hot List

....Cobra AMP did....so am wondering why?

Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
kevinhkh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Long Tom Driver    Cobra Long Tom Driver  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi mate,

Felt that it was a bit long, but did not come to mind or noticed that it was much longer than the normal drivers. Maybe should go back to the store again to see if it can fit into a normal stand or cart bag.

Understood from the saleperson that it comes in 10 degree too vesus what i saw from the internet (only avail at 9 or 9.5 degree).

It had a good sound to it (of course when hitting sweet spot). Definately not like that that are ear deafining when you hit sweet spot.

What i liked about it, was that it is very light. Appearance not very spectacular, but feel good. Maybe its the aircon and lighting that made me feel at ease.

Compared it with the new ZL driver. Very nice looking (all white and sleek). Price also aout S$880 (i think).

For Long tom, its about S$600 (i think).
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Long Tom Driver    Cobra Long Tom Driver  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 5:21 pm

i have to bend my long tom everytime i put it in the boot... so pls check yr boot size b4 buying. As they use a sock as the head cover, i can just nice zip my golf bag... if u have one of those fancy head cover, then most prob the driver head will need to stay out. All in all, the 'lontong' is not a bad buy.
Back to top Go down
kevinhkh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Long Tom Driver    Cobra Long Tom Driver  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanks for the advice. So is yours 10 or 9 degree? Btw, just would like to let you also know that I have some underarmour staff for sale. It's on eBay for now. I am still having problems posting it on golf republic. So if interested, pls visit my eBay account- golf_crazy24. Thanks. Will try again to advertise on golf republic to get better advert exposure.
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Long Tom Driver    Cobra Long Tom Driver  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:05 pm

mine is the RAW version so comes only in 9 deg. So far so good... not hitting it any longer than my D910 but sure feels much lighter (even though the swing weight of the long tom is heavier). Swing speed increased abt 4-5mph becos of the 48" shaft but avg impact factor dropped so it all even out.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Long Tom Driver    Cobra Long Tom Driver  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:33 am

Back to top Go down
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Long Tom Driver    Cobra Long Tom Driver  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:00 am

too long i felt .47 inche wil be nice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cobra Long Tom Driver    Cobra Long Tom Driver  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cobra Long Tom Driver
Page 1 of 1