Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Belly Putters

Go down 
+10
pocketace
silverhex
areef218
DGman
TourSwing
Schulo
sandkie
Batman
Duval_S
mickey
14 posters
AuthorMessage
mickey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:00 pm

Grateful if anyone can share knowledge of any retailers here selling belly putters. Muchos gracias.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 9:43 am

think you need to customize .... but believe i say one 2nd hand at a 2nd hand shop in Far East

But wait a min......using Belly putter.....does it mean, the golf bag need to be enlarge or lengthen????
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 9:45 am

Saw tgw.com selling belly putter adaptor. U may wanna check it out
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 11:05 am

Golfers Point at Bishan is selling something that can attach to your putter and makes it belly putter. The good point is that if you dun like it, you can remove it....

Back to top Go down
Schulo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Schulo

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 2:49 pm

Drink more beer, get bigger belly, putter automatically comes closer to belly....
Back to top Go down
mickey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 3:23 pm

Thanks for the replies so far, guys.

Just strikes me as funny that despite all the re-emerging interest in longer putters on the pro tours, one can't find any retailers selling them here.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Lefty ... Big Phil ... jumps on the belly putter bandwagon!!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 9:52 am

mickey wrote:
Thanks for the replies so far, guys.

Just strikes me as funny that despite all the re-emerging interest in longer putters on the pro tours, one can't find any retailers selling them here.

i like your comment... mickey....the last time i ordered a belly putter via the distributor, it took 2 months to come. we predicted that there is going to be a demand due to the presence on tour but strangely, no one leverage on this. Oh and they only brought in one.

having said that we can build a belly putter in under an hour, only thing is we only have Ping BP grip.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
areef218
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi DGMan,

I have a odyssey 2 ball putter. Can it be extend to make into a belly putter? Will the putter be USGA conformance and be used in any tournaments?

Thanks.

Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 9:15 pm

yes as long as its permanent affix, it is conforming to the rules, as long as the shaft and the extended shaft are round and not any irregular shaft. Those adjustable ones and are not permanently affixed will have issues.

under Rule 4.2 A or 4.2 B - the shaft of a club cannot be adjusted in length during a round. Not only that - but even if you did adjust the shaft - the (foreign extension) would have to conform to the accepted characteristics of the shaft regarding it's dimensions.

now the problem is if your competitor says that your putter length vary during play. if you do not have it firmly affixed, you will have a hard time explaining to the rules official.

hope it helps.

DGman

Back to top Go down
silverhex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:07 am

i think in singapore its quite hard to find. the only ones that i know are taylormades. the last time i bought mind was at the cathay TM concept store.

hope they still sell it!
Back to top Go down
areef218
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:52 am

Thanks. I'm still having some reservation about using a belly putter. Since you have one, can you share your experience about how your golf buddies or strangers whom you play golf with feel about your putter especially when you are betting with them?
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:41 am

My playing partners have no issue with me using it regardless if we're betting or not, it is a choice, it is not an unfair advantage. It is allowed under the rules of golf to play with a belly putter. I still keep my belly putter and may revert to it from time to time when my putting stroke is out of sync

I dun think u need to have reservations bout it. There are drawbacks of using the belly putter too eg u may lose feel for distance. U win some u lose some. My 2 cents worth.

Back to top Go down
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ron81

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 2:37 pm

The switch to belly-putter is definitely not easy, I've tried to practice it, but eventually still go back to my normal putter. Like what pocketace said, the feel for distance is completely out for me.. Maybe my belly to wobbly.. hahaha..

But to have one for training purpose is good, it corrected my grip pressure, putting posture and swing movement. After training on it, I tend to play better on my Zen! haha..
Back to top Go down
hoppie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 2:25 pm

The Bellyputt comes with a taper sleeve to let you REGRIP the whole putter to permanently fixed the length there, it comes with the bellyputt kit.

Those interested in the adapter, it's already available in Singapore, and you can find at Golfer's Point at Bishan Driving Range.

Belly Putters Parts
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 9:22 pm

not too long ago, an asian tour winner asked me several times on different occasions what i feel about him using a belly putter. i can sense that he is desperate to try and improve his putting stats but was not really looking forward to a change. Maybe in his mind, its not a cool thing to do.now this was before Adam Scott went on to use the long putter in tournaments.

My reply was the same on all occasions...

You have an intelligent, very likeable and sensible girlfriend, she fits you to a T..only thing is she does not have the looks of a model and appears a bit chubby. Until you can accept how she appears and is convinced that she is the one for you, you will never be able to bring her to meet your mates.

He started playing the belly putter 2 weeks later. Regulars knows who he is....haha

DGman
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 9:29 pm

Boss, Very sensible point. Putting doesn't need to be sexy. We only need to know that it works and you score. In the end, it's putting that score.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:09 pm

I tried long putters at BFG today. After seeing Bellyputt, I was offered by DGman to try it out.

I have to admit its new to me and its the 1st time that I got a chance to try them out. Its a weird feeling and its something that I need to get used to but the weird thing is that its tool that gives me result.

1st, lets thru the Cons..
- I felt uncomfortable how my hands were holding the putter
- I couldnt seem to be get my pendulum
- I couldnt seem to find my rhythm
- I need a mallet putter

Pros..
- My putts were just slightly over the cup
- I stroke instead of jabbing the putts
- The ball were visibly better both in roll and acceleration
- Easy to use...no brainier as the motion and stroke are so straight forward

The cons were merely the fact that I am not used it and the length feels awkward. The best thing about bellyputt, its adjustable and you can undo back to a normal putter.

I have very good liking of belly putters. No wonder PGA golfers are starting to move forward to long putter.... its so simple to use and give you a lot of confidence putting over time.

You can now get them Bellyputt at BFG.
Back to top Go down
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 12:38 am

Expected damage to the wallet please Cool
Back to top Go down
hoppie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:49 am

navik wrote:
Expected damage to the wallet please Cool

paging for DGMan Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Belly Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belly Putters   Belly Putters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Belly Putters
Page 1 of 1