Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weight of Irons

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Weight of Irons Empty
PostSubject: Weight of Irons   Weight of Irons I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi all,

I think the average swing weight for irons for men is between D0 to D1. I know there is no direct correlation, but what is the average total weight for say a 5 iron? Is it around 400 - 410g?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

Weight of Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight of Irons   Weight of Irons I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:35 am

I am not sure the swing weight is D0 to D1 for average man. I thought most of the time, off-the-shelf irons carry specs that say swing weight of D2?

As for the actual weight of a club, if i am not wrong, will depends on which iron it is, i.e. 4 iron or sand wedge. A typical 3 or 4 iron head will weigh around 240 gm, while a 9 iron is about 285 gm, sand wedge close to 300 gm. The shaft will greatly depends on what you can play. Graphite shafts weigh around 60 to 80 gm, while steel shafts can weigh from 75 gm (e.g. NSPro750GH) to 130 gm (Dynamic Gold). The grip itself will weigh around 50 gm. Now you do the maths.

Answer - your typical iron can weigh from as low as 350 gm to as high as 460 gm.

Just some feedback from my limited knowledge. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

Weight of Irons
Page 1 of 1