Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Short Game Lessons

Go down 
+7
ChrisD
andrew-golf
slinger
zhenxua
JL
pushslice
jhan18
11 posters
AuthorMessage
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:25 pm

Dear friends

As many of us often discuss and know, we all strive to improve our long game. May it be a case of a lack of distance, over the top golf swing or poor contact, all of us would like to hit the golf ball a whole lot better. But how many of us have actually thought of improving our short game? The old saying goes, drive for show and putt for dough.

Have you ever sat down and thought, gee how many putts did I have today? How many times did I get up and down? or how many times did I get in the bunker and failed to get out on my first attempt? How much better do you think you'd play if say you had 4 lesser putts every round and got up and down a few more times or always got out of the bunker on your first attempt?

At the Muru Golf Academy at the Warren Golf and Country Club, we are fortunate enough to have a good short game facility that has a bunker, chipping and putting green that's open to our students to use while having supervised lessons.

The short game to me is the most fun part of golf as a golfer can create a whole lot of variety with different techniques and clubs. You will learn not only the basic fundamentals of the short game but also the versatility of your clubs and different shot variations for different ball flights/reaction depending on skill level.

Having said that,I do have certain principles I adhere by with my short game coaching but I do not force my students to use a certain method, especially with putting.

I also believe as with the long game,technicality isn't the only aspect that a person should learn about the short game. Therefore not only will my student learn the technical side of it, he/she would also learn the tactical side( shot selection, green reading, lie, situations) and also the mental side( pre-shot routine, skills tests, pressure tests).

I also use a variety of training aids, practice drills and skills tests that keep the lessons enjoyable and relevant to play on the golf course.

Do feel free to PM, contact me at 81233274 or drop an email at jhanpga@yahoo.com.sg if you'd like to know more!

Happy Golfing

Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:27 pm

I broke 90 after taking 5 lessons with Justin on chipping, pitching, bunker shots and putting last year. Heck i got inspired by him to putt left handed Laughing

and the warren greens practice is the best I've trained on in Singapore (short of Sentosa and never been to TMCC/SICC). The green rolls nice, it has mild and nasty slopes to practice on and you can make hard pitch shots on to the green.

Well recommended to break your own personal milestone.
Back to top Go down
JL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JL

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:04 pm

Justin Han- Short game Guru, period.
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:54 pm

Justin, I have been receiving many requests from my kakis to see you, they're sick of taking my money and asked me to pay you instead
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:10 pm

zhenxua wrote:
Justin, I have been receiving many requests from my kakis to see you, they're sick of taking my money and asked me to pay you instead

i heard u like to chip into the water....
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:17 pm

slinger wrote:
zhenxua wrote:

i heard u like to chip into the water....

not only water, but also bunker and next tee box / green

today bullied by 3 premier league players
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:55 pm

I'll be more than happy to help so you could return the bullying Smile
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:04 pm

jhan18 wrote:
I'll be more than happy to help so you could return the bullying Smile

i also like to chip no more den 5m ahead.. think i need to learn how to chip longer..

every time i hit e shot form bunker, i put my flight mates at risk by ballooning the shots..

think i need to learn from you how to accomplish "safe" chipping and "longer" chipping
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:02 pm

Haha! Then you must learn the right technique for those shots!
Guess that's where the golf professional comes into the picture! Smile
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:56 pm

kudos to pro jhan, 1 session with him and i no longer duff my chips

now i just need more practice to put it closer ...
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Damn scare to play with ZX now.
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:27 pm

Hi everyone. I'd like to let you guys know that I will be starting at the Laguna National Golf and Country Club on the 14th of August. I hope to see you for short game lessons/clinics there! Cheers!
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Justin..

Met you last week with my friend Peet @ occ..

I hope your student survived.. She looked exhausted.. lol!

All the best to your new joint !

cheers
Back to top Go down
Whosyourdaddy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:57 pm

Ditto Chien. All the best in Laguna.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:52 am

All the best Bro........ People practising in the East will be glad that a good coach have moved there!
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:59 am

duffader wrote:
All the best Bro........ People practising in the East will be glad that a good coach have moved there!

Should I be insulted ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:12 am

shorthitter wrote:
duffader wrote:

Should I be insulted ? Very Happy

Oops... sorry AK... should i say young left handed good coach? Very Happy Take good care of my bro can???
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:44 pm

I intend to Duffy, a very valuable asset! Beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:02 pm

shorthitter wrote:
I intend to Duffy, a very valuable asset! Beer

Hehehe...... nice to know!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Short Game Lessons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Game Lessons   Short Game Lessons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Short Game Lessons
Page 1 of 1