Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it better to be recognized as World best player or best player on US courses?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Is it better to be recognized as World best player or best player on US courses? Empty
PostSubject: Is it better to be recognized as World best player or best player on US courses?   Is it better to be recognized as World best player or best player on US courses? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:14 am

Kinda gotten sick of those who whine..and moan and complain ...that golf is unfair...too much luck....the ball I hit flush did not go where I tot it suppsed to go....

Rory did that....something like ...weather in British open not nice...I am not liking it now...

and many more others....nothing against US...but I think primarily US golfers

For me.....I did not remember Tiger complaining....he build his game to suit such courses...and others....I don remember JAck saying that too.....ok..and not that I am in the same league, but I don say that too

for me....the world best player...should keep their mouth shut and perform in all courses....winning in US - manicure courses alone (outside of US open) is not enough....
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Is it better to be recognized as World best player or best player on US courses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it better to be recognized as World best player or best player on US courses?   Is it better to be recognized as World best player or best player on US courses? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:59 am

man.. i don't need to be best in world or uk. Just win 2 game with 1 mil USD price can already lah... Smile
Back to top Go down
Schulo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Schulo

PostSubject: Re: Is it better to be recognized as World best player or best player on US courses?   Is it better to be recognized as World best player or best player on US courses? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:05 am

The answer is not as clear cut as one should think in my opinion:

Pro' for best player in the world:
- Bragging rights
- Perform on all courses

Pro's for best player in the US:
- Huge marketing value/incentive
- Big and more supportive crowds

I would pick best player in the US! Take Nick Watney as an example, huge earner, won 2 (or maybe 3) times this season already and has no pressure from global press on winning majors!
It's like being the goduncle of a kid. You get to do the fun staff but never have to change diapers...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it better to be recognized as World best player or best player on US courses?   Is it better to be recognized as World best player or best player on US courses? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it better to be recognized as World best player or best player on US courses?
Page 1 of 1