Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH

Go down 
+29
ghoonk
HyBriD
Roystonnn
acidic88
zixter
Technospaz
sgdaniel
sandkie
Lee36328
jfactor67
Derek
duffader
nutty88
DGman
jurongtiger
Kookk
TigaWood
eiji
pocketace
rsenal
abadan
Duval_S
Khorkar
mizzy
Turbo
guy013
TheFocalPoint
Aloyboy
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 5:11 pm

back from time to time lah. work has been crazy, and you guys can always hunt me down on FB if anything comes up. Haven't been on forums very much.

not back in SG, but already making plans to move back to SG if the opportunity comes up Smile
Back to top Go down
ehyouagain
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:15 pm

ghoonk wrote:
not always true leh.

a shaft can feel really good but dispersion and distance may not be optimized.

Case in point - i love the feel of KBS shafts in S flex but truth is that I get more accuracy and distance with the R shafts. I also love the feel of the satin PX shafts, but i lose distance for accuracy.

A good fitter would be able to get you to try different shafts and be able to help you find a shaft that optimizes your swing mechanics for accuracy and distance.

sorry I'm practically new to the forum but yeah, pretty much agree with ghoonk on getting fitted so that one can get their "ideal" shaft instead of trying to figure out which one is best through research online. spent a couple of days reseaching on the different shafts like TT DG and Project X to see which will best fit my swing speed but desided that it's best to just go for fitting instead of wasting time trying to figure out what's best.
might as well get the pro fitters do the analysis to see which shaft is best rather than personally trying to solve it ourselves Smile
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:39 am

Nothing wrong with trying to solve it yourself, as long as you have the patience to go through different shafts, adapting, and buying different ones along the way. A good fitter will be able to show you the ideal flex, pick out a shaft with the right kickpoint, right weight, and right length that suits your swing.

Which is also why it is important to have a consistent swing in place before going for fitting. I had a funky swing that DGman helped to fix before I got fitted.

I wasn't a big believer of custom fitting in the past, but after I got fitted for my driver (and my irons followed), and ended up with a Kajiki Proto-K shaft (70S), and looking at the results I got (and am still getting), I am a firm believer in getting fitted and getting lessons.
Back to top Go down
buzz1211
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
buzz1211

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:21 pm

I'm a 20 handicapper with the ambition of a 12. Bought MP 53 with NS Pro 950 (R). Switched existing MX300 to TT R300 (SL). Flight appears similar but weight's a different matter. With the TT, I struggle after the turn. Can really feel the weight. Played 9 holes on Monday and then hit the range. The heavier shaft really hit me hard. So now hunting down used NSPRo again. Fitter (Edward at Bishan) had warned me but no, I refused to listen. Man, my ego...
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 5:02 pm

Recently had an itch, and took a over a set of NSpro shaft from a good buddy here.
swapped only the 7 iron from TT DG XP to NSpro 950 R.

tested at the range today. Still very confused as to which is better for me?
seems more feedback on the nspro. any scientific way to determine which is better for me?
Smash factor? ball distance? average dispersion?

got a nagging feeling, someone will tell me to go see a fitter... :p
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 7:34 am

Get swing fixed first then get fitter. If dont have consistent swing also no point. Just imagine if your waistline keep expanding and contracting 5 inches. How can you expect the tailor to make you a perfect fitting pair of pants. I believe its the same logic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3