Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tourstriker....

Go down 
+22
markteo
timang84
jurongtiger
S70B
etsk22
golfool2009
kian
drawbias
Slicer51
nientsu
mengteck71
musashi75
slinger
4dtoto
DGman
TourSwing
jtek
peace2903
eiji
acidic88
JonL_TK
Khorkar
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Tourstriker.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:11 am

i try the tourstriker at the den yesterday...

i do top the ball cos of where the sweet spot is, but after a while managed to get the hang of it....

mayb i will get one for practise too....

but i scared "no stock" for me.....
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:55 am

slinger wrote:

i do top the ball cos of where the sweet spot is, but after a while managed to get the hang of it....

Wow, even my mentor still top the ball. How am I going to hit it ? I have just order one i7 ( standard one not pro as I doubt I can swing with the pro model with my swing speed ) .. With more practice, I can start hitting down on the ball.

It is a great training aid ..looking forward for it ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
drawbias
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
drawbias

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:08 am

slinger wrote:

And he hit it miles ahead ........ kian, where's the stats you took from the trackman?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:26 am

I was fortunate to be in presence of the Grand master of TSS. Mr SSquirel gave me a showing on how to hit 170m with a 7i... he gave me some tips on how use it.

I am iin debt to the Grand Master TSS...
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 12:22 pm

my shifu's 7 iron tourstriker stat and this was not his best shot on the tourstriker...so u guys can go figure how many strokes u need!

[img]Tourstriker.... - Page 2 Slinge10[/img]
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:37 pm

Wonder can use this set of clubs to play in the golf course or not ......
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Sounds interesting...how do i know whether i should get the regular version or tour version? Is the regular version good enough and/or the tour version too difficult?
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:24 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
Sounds interesting...how do i know whether i should get the regular version or tour version? Is the regular version good enough and/or the tour version too difficult?

Bro, answer is on another post.. I borrow this from frostee. Better order in BF before stock run out;

Which Tour Striker Club is Right for Me?

The Regular Tour Striker is targeted for mid-to-high handicap golfers and slower swing speeds (under 90 mph with driver), while the Tour Striker Pro is geared for dedicated practicers with higher swing speeds and a handicap of 10 or less. In addition, we offer a Tour Striker for women and younger players who wish to improve their game. The ladies/junior model is slightly shorter than the regular Tour Striker (35 inches vs. 36 inches) and has a graphite shaft appropriate for women and juniors.

The Tour Striker and Tour Striker Pro training club is cast of 433 stainless steel. The vibration dampening logo affixed within the back cavity reduces shock on mis-hit shots while developing ball striking skills.

Tour Striker Training Irons are available at :-

Steel Shaft : SGD $129.90/pc
Graphite Shaft : SGD $139.90/pc
Back to top Go down
etsk22
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
etsk22

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 9:52 pm

had an interesting thot after reading the posts as many users actually claimed to achieve more distance after using the equipment.

From the pictures, it seems the the impact area of the tour striker is much higher up than the usual sweet spot areas of normal clubs. In order to strike this impact zone, i foresee the way to do it will be doing pressing the club down towards the ground during the down swing - Which is effectively delofting the club, resulting in the gain in distance.

I am a high handicapper and this is how I visualise the effects are. Can some guru share if what I relate is correct?

Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:19 pm

1 sentence:

Downward strike+forward shaft lean = true loft.

Great training aid for those who like to scoop or pick at the ball.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 6:30 pm

Nice...

The lady pro
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 11:41 pm

I have been having problem recently with my swing, its been erratic and I have been having serious duffing session in the greens and even a pinch & chip was big disaster. Its been frustrating. Whats makes it worst, I have nothing to show after playing 4 yrs... double sigh...

Then I made up mind, I will leave all my clubs in the car and only will be swinging with Tourstriker SW. I can tell you, the 1st 50 was nasty...seriously nasty with thins and tops then hooks. The next 40 balls was painfully getting better. The 2nd 90 balls still needed some effort but you can start seeing progress when can hear the sound impact and the ball compressing against the clubs face. Yeah, that feels damn solid whack!

To my surprise I was able to quickly grasp the feel and motion of my arms and hands should be when I swing the club to the point of impact. Freaking WOW! You never know how well you can really swing until you really give this Tourstriker thingy a serious try. I started with 2 rounds of range time whacking 90 balls each time and only swinging with this.

If you dont have this, you ought to get one... Be patient with it, you need some time to get adjusted to using this aid. Give its some time and you realize you are actually hitting the ball much much better than what you used to hit. This aid is seriously underrated, it deserve much more attention and a lot of folks will actually play better golf with it.

P/s: To da den boss... I havent said this bef... My humble appreciation and thanks for recommending this. It made golf much easier. Thanks for bring this product in and now in my hands.

Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 12:04 am

we forgot about the humble tourstriker...as always.

i had James Gobold and Alex Belt try them this week and they absolute understand the concept after the 2nd shot. in fact James like it so much, its now at his academy Motion Capture Golf at Punggol.

as for Alex, i have not seen anyone strike the ball so well and even work the ball on a pro 7X.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 4:07 pm

Anyone selling the tourstriker? Would like to try it out. I figure that I'm scooping the ball cause my balls doesn't rocket off the club but goes up high and drops. Not much distance.
Back to top Go down
markteo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 4:30 pm

i got a spare one if you're interested.. cheap cheap sell..
quite new
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 4:38 pm

so guilty...bought it few months back but plastic wrapper still there.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
poncs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 4:46 pm

HI markteo, what's the spec and how much u selling for?
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 4:56 pm

This is one of the best swing aid ever!

I swear by it now.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 5:02 pm

No wonder GRians are improving leaps and bounds....machiam Pro...
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 7:27 pm

those who has it, make sure u use it. it will definitely improve ur tour striking Smile
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 10:30 pm

I made a point to use this every time i visit the range. On alternate days, its just TS SW and my SW. Would agree that of all the aid that I bought, this is the best one out there.
Back to top Go down
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 4:48 pm

Any one has one for sale, trying to get my hands on one. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 5:39 pm

bro,
you can post on marketplace as WTB thread if you are looking for preloved,

or

Tour Striker Training Irons are available at BFG:-

Steel Shaft : SGD $129.90/pc
Graphite Shaft : SGD $139.90/pc
Back to top Go down
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 12:57 am

Hmmm.. DGman, any stocks for TS in BFG? Thanks.

Tim
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:50 am

yes we are the regional distributor so lots of stocks all year round.....RH, LH, steel, graphite. you can call FrostEE at 64712272 for more information.

thanks....DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourstriker....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2