Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tourstriker....

Go down 
+22
markteo
timang84
jurongtiger
S70B
etsk22
golfool2009
kian
drawbias
Slicer51
nientsu
mengteck71
musashi75
slinger
4dtoto
DGman
TourSwing
jtek
peace2903
eiji
acidic88
JonL_TK
Khorkar
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 7:21 pm

I was at BFG last couple days... Dgman is keeping a close eye at me... worried that I will smuggle out his last piece of his precious club. You see, I have been testing and trying out the Tourstriker irons in his office. I mean, what the hell is a Tourstriker. It is as simple as that, its an iron to help average joe (with limited skills i.e. myself) to improve ball striking, compression via the means of hitting down ball. It kinda a club with a clubs face the size of a 50cents and has an exaggerated bounce/flange.

Its hard to used to at first and you have to drill yourself to remember to have your hand moving in front of the club face. Once you get the drill and you realize....hell you are striking the ball the way a professional golfer do. For now, he only has the few in his office but DGman promised more is on its way. I want one!!!

Here's a review from the net.... Interestingly done by a lady pro...

Product review: http://www.practicerange.com/Tour-Striker-P928.aspx

Last edited by Khorkar on Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 8:47 pm

Khorkar... I have 1 am letting go!
Don't use it anymore...
Back to top Go down
acidic88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 8:58 pm

This explains that really funny looking club I saw at BFG last friday. Thanks for the info. Now I can go bug DGman again. Nice to bump into you and the rest. Smile
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Did you try it? Its pretty good to hit. Takes awhile to get use to them tho,
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:40 pm

I have a regular version, not the tour version that I am not using anymore as well to let go. I dun have time to visit the range for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
acidic88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 7:12 pm

Didn't try them cos not sure what they are for.. LOL
But I'll make sure I do so the next time I visit the den.
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:29 pm

Erhh... How much huh?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 9:09 pm

Bro, price....i dunno best for you to ask Dgman. I can only say that it worthwhile to consider as its an aid that helps in making you better in your ball striking.
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:35 am

Wow this looks like the cure to my swing... How much is one? Wats the diff between tour and regular version?
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:26 am

http://www.tourstriker.com/
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:31 am

Anyone selling? Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:02 am

it will be the same price as the US except you don't have to pay for shipping.

stocks should arrive in 3 weeks time and we have the full range and will have full one-year warranty.

will start an official thread on this subject later but to cut a long story short, Allen Kelly aka Shorthitter was instrumental in bringing this product to our attention, we wrote to them and got no response, it seems hopeless. then one day about 7 months ago, i got an email from the owner and asked if we can meet. They were introduce by another friend who is the editor of a golf magazine with attitude. they visited us, chatted, shared ideas and promised to revert.

after about 2 months, we were informed that it was going to a big company which starts with M...as luck would have it, a new investor into the US company turns out to be a keen Singaporean golfer who is also a BFG customer. So thats how we landed the distribution for Tour Striker for 4 countries.

sorry for the long story, but bringing this product to market has been a pretty long journey (more than 1 and half years) and with the help of friends like AK, BT (editor) and DW (owner who is not on this forum).

hopefully we will also work with some friends to better promote and distribute this product in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia.

Have a great week ahead.

DGman

PS...to demonstrate the product i have to hit with them. funny thing is i did not play much golf lately but the distance off irons have been increasing. yesterday was a fun situation - 110 metres - 52 degree wedge. 165 meters - 6 iron, 145 meters - 8 iron. superb and penetrating ball flight.

When i played with SS 4 weeks ago, he was wondering why we are nearly 2 clubs apart.

the only thing i can attribute to was the usage on tour striker.

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:09 am

Seems this is the product for me..Can't wait to try it out..
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:17 am

4dtoto wrote:

pls dun try it out.....

since u have yet to have any FD with me!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:18 am

Ive gained 10 - 15m across the bag thanks to this great product ... Unfortunately, it seems that MBGC mats are bit too soft and allow you to "cheat" a bit! Tried hitting off plexi-glass ... bad idea ... glass shattered into a million pieces Very Happy
Back to top Go down
musashi75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:19 am

Wow, nice product. Do you have one at the Den to try out?
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:42 am

slinger wrote:
4dtoto wrote:

pls dun try it out.....

since u have yet to have any FD with me!!!!!

I hope you can have Fd with me instead after i train with this new Equipment...hehehe..If only
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:30 pm

we used to have a bag full of demos but golfers keeping asking to buy them as they cannot wait.

i think we have a 5 iron, a 7 pro, a 56 degree (left and right hand). you can come and try them but i was informed that stocks will arrive as early as the week after.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 12:04 am

Me inclusive... Smile

Today I was in a game and probably one of the best game that I had so far. And I have never hit so many irons shots so pure and feeling the softness of the forging for a long time. Of course there were few fat shots but the good ones were plentiful.

The number of time trying out the den's Tourstriker seems to have given me a lot of confidence and help me to reduce my fat shots and scooping actions. At the same time, I know how it feels like to let my arms and hands to lead the club face and connecting it to the ball.

Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:47 am

KK i am sure you will see the difference in the ball flight and how the ball will land softly on the green. its striking at its best.

last weekend i played with someone who comment, how come the ball is so straight but it sound like a shank....thats the sound of pure impact.

i am sure if you use it more often, you will swing with more confidence and get far better results.

DGman
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:03 am

Boss,

Can I buy the 7 and 56 first? I understand there are different stiffness to the shafts. Are those in ur Den now suitable for me or have to wait for the stocks?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:17 am

helos Den got no more stock lah...it will arrive around National Day. Airfreight from USA.

DGman
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:49 am

Think i might need one.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:26 am

Sad
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:27 am

Can use the 56* Tour Striker to practice sand shots? open club face? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tourstriker.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourstriker....   Tourstriker.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourstriker....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next