Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)

Go down 
+5
golfool2009
cwpei8888
slinger
Yarra
Lee36328
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) Empty
PostSubject: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:38 am

After much patience and waiting, the A12 I ordered finally arrived.

It looks beautiful, almost too beautiful to hit.

Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) DSC_1392

Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) DSC_1411s

Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) DSC_1426

Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) DSC_1432

Compared side by side with the Adams Pro Black hybrid.

The Pro Black is sleeker with a lower profile. The A12 has a more rounded head and bottom, designed to plow through rough better.

Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) DSC_1465

Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) DSC_1457

Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) DSC_1454

Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) DSC_1446

Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) DSC_1343

The A12 is more forgiving, but not SGI-type of mindlessly forgiving, so you'd still need a decent swing to get it going.

Once you do, the ball flight is high, being easier to launch than the Pro Black, yet distance is impressively long.

My A12 is 20 degree compared to the 18 degree of the Pro Black, both on GD Tour AD DI Hybrid 85 shaft, yet both carry about the same. The A12 has a higher flight, so it should roll out less, while the Pro Black will continue to run on landing. So, A12 for holding greens, and Pro Black for long fairways.

The sound of the A12 is more muted than I expected, certainly not the metallic sound of the Pro Black. That was a bit unexpected.

Other than that, the A12 lives up to its reputation for me, a reputation well-deserved.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 11:17 am

IMO, the a12 is like the Idea Pro and Peanut 1 combined. Peanut 1's crazy long, low spin and a little anti-left while the Idea Pro was easy to hit and higher launching. Having hit all 3 of them, I can say that the a12 has the best of both world. High launch, stupid long, easy to hit, low spin but not so much anti-left like the Peanut 1. You just need to shaft it up with the right one...

The Pro Black is more like an iron IMO. For me, it is so demanding that my 3 iron is easier to handle.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 12:47 pm

Yarra wrote:
IMO, the a12 is like the Idea Pro and Peanut 1 combined. Peanut 1's crazy long, low spin and a little anti-left while the Idea Pro was easy to hit and higher launching. Having hit all 3 of them, I can say that the a12 has the best of both world. High launch, stupid long, easy to hit, low spin but not so much anti-left like the Peanut 1. You just need to shaft it up with the right one...

The Pro Black is more like an iron IMO. For me, it is so demanding that my 3 iron is easier to handle.

Well put. You really know your Adam hybrids.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the Pro Black; I smiled reading that comment.

When I first tried to hit it, I was like "WTF? Who is the @#$% that designed this???"

Then, gradually, I begin to appreciate its genius.

When I get everything right, and the ball takes off with a metallic "Tsing!" from the face, there is nothing like it in the world. That sound is somewhat missing from the A12, which takes away a little bit of the satisfaction.

But, still amazingly long.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 1:19 pm

looking at the size of the ball mark on the pro black....

makes me think that lee36328 comes from shaolin temple.....
Back to top Go down
cwpei8888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:03 pm

it seems the sweet spoy not really in the middle.

quite odd though. my first thougth you;d have been push or slice alot (no offense).
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:12 pm

I always thought adams made forgiving clubs, but looking at these 2, they look pretty hard to hit....made for the better player
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:13 pm

Quote :
golfool2009 wrote:
I always thought adams made forgiving clubs, but looking at these 2, they look pretty hard to hit....made for the better player

there you go......time for you to change to adams
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:15 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
golfool2009 wrote:

With the exception of my nike FW, my clubs are senior men's specs....
Back to top Go down
bian1980
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bian1980

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:22 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
golfool2009 wrote:

With the exception of my nike FW, my clubs are senior men's specs....

senior man = senior golfer = sharp short games = buayas afro
Back to top Go down
hwdq
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:23 pm

Looks great w Tour AD shaft
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:54 pm

slinger wrote:
looking at the size of the ball mark on the pro black....

makes me think that lee36328 comes from shaolin temple.....

I come from the Crouching Tiger Hidden Eagle school of wushu!

Razz
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:59 pm

[quote="cwpei8888"]it seems the sweet spoy not really in the middle.

quite odd though. my first thougth you;d have been push or slice alot (no offense).[/quote

None taken bro. Very Happy

I have consciously hit at the center before, using impact tape to check the spot. But somehow, it is actually less solid. When I hit slightly toward the heel, I get better results.

I used to push, found the flaw, and corrected it, but that was before I even bought this club. This club is pretty straight for me, if anything I sometime tend to draw/hook it too much when tired.

Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:02 pm

golfool2009 wrote:

Or, learn to hit them, and become a better player! Very Happy

Actually the A12 is quite ok. The Pro Black on the other hand, your swing has got to be really on.

Which is why I bought it in the first place; it's like my discipline master for my swing. No slacking allowed! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:04 pm

hwdq wrote:
Looks great w Tour AD shaft

The shaft is good, I like it.

With a torque of 2.4, it is truly stable at impact, and you can load it as hard as you like, the shaft can take it while returning accurately to impact without distorting.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 4:21 am

Just came from the range, hitting these two lovelies side by side.

Instead of writing two thousand words, here are two pictures.

The Adams A12 is sweet, forgiving, and approachable.

This is the A12.

Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) AJUN400

The Pro Black is tough, demanding, and ego-bruising, yet somehow very compelling.

This is the Pro Black.

Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) AJW600

...and yes, I am an insomniac.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 6:03 pm

So, I guess the a12 will get a spot in your bag replacing the Black...
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 6:58 am

Yarra wrote:
So, I guess the a12 will get a spot in your bag replacing the Black...

No, not at all.

The Black is deadly sharp, and the ball runs. So if I have a long narrow fairway, it's perfect.

I find in the courses I play that I seldom hit 5 iron, so I can take that out.

Or I can take out the 4 iron and use the A12 to replace it, since a choked down A12 has about the same distance.
Back to top Go down
cwpei8888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 8:54 am

i like this tips. bring longer club you can hit well to replace shorter club you hardly hit by choking down to it.

replace one you can't hit by wedges and that will improve your score tremendously.

good tips Lee.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 9:43 am

cwpei8888 wrote:
i like this tips. bring longer club you can hit well to replace shorter club you hardly hit by choking down to it.

replace one you can't hit by wedges and that will improve your score tremendously.

good tips Lee.

If you have clubs you can't hit, yes, that would work.

When there's a club you can't hit well, my preferred approach would be, practice it until you hit it well. But make sure the club (flex, kick point, weight) fits your swing in the first place.

What would do even better for your scores is when all your clubs work as intended, and you have an abundant choice of shots.

The 4 iron did so well for me in my last couple of rounds, both teeing off and from the fairway, that it is now my favourite iron. But there's a gap between it and the Pro Black, a gap the A12 was intended to fill. Just that I did not expect the 20 deg A12 to be almost as long as the 18 deg Pro Black.

I have to say, it is growing on me faster than I expected. I have four clubs from Adams so far, and Adams Golf seem to put a little magic in all of them.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 2:16 pm

I was looking for further reviews on the a12 when I came across this.

Can anyone understand what this guy is saying? ROFL

"Adams Idea Pro a12 Hybrids and Artificial Irons

Following a continued band of acknowledged adamant and amalgam sets, such as the Idea Pro Black, Idea Pro Gold, and Idea A7 curve is the new Idea Pro a12 hybrids and artificial irons. Created with the bigger amateur in mind, the Idea Pro a12 hybrids and band both accept a amount of characteristics to enhance that bigger players game.

The hybrids in this band affection a bunched arch (which progressively gets abate as attic increases) with a aphotic accomplishment in adjustment to abate glare. The ultra-thin maraging animate face produces college brawl speeds and a the preferred, biting brawl flight adapted by many. On the cast side, the sole is bigger over antecedent models via the use of a animate drift place. Within that drift bowl is a even army weight screw. Together, they access the ability in which the sole moves through the turf, ensuring you're finishing your backswing instead of digging into the dirt. Each of the 5 accessible lofts (16°, 18°, 20°, 23°, and 26°) is accessible alone as able-bodied as allotment of a beyond set."

http://golfdriverreviews18.blogspot.com/2011/05/adams-idea-pro-a12-hybrids-and.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)   Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adams A12 Hybrid (compared with Pro Black)
Page 1 of 1