Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY

Go down 
+8
jimmychoo
simoner
blee67
Gray
GordonTan
golfool2009
fata
Khorkar
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY Empty
PostSubject: Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY   Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 10:09 pm

Folks...

Just a gentle reminder so that you dont need to be naked and do squats when you are sent to lockups....
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY   Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 10:19 pm

But why? In MY or Golf Club? Question
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY   Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 11:17 pm

Generally in MY whether you are going there for a game or makan makan..

Its to do with the protest thingy happening on jul 9, MY police is pretty active looking out on folks wearing yellow shirts. best to avoid wearing any them yellow shirt so that we are not mistaken for protestors..
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY   Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 11:27 pm

While this is good advice, the specific area to avoid on July 9 is from Sogo in KL, pass merdeka square , all the way to the Masjid.....this is the planned / rumoured site of the rally........basically, do not go downtown unless you need to....there are plans for rallies and counter rallies by various groups with threats of violence and a whole lot of rhetoric going around...

Having said that, there have never been any incidents at the KLCC, sungei wang shopping area...but no point taking chances......

Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY   Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 12:14 am

Thank you for the info Smile
Back to top Go down
GordonTan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY   Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 9:30 am

Great info! Especially for golfers like me who frequent JB Golf Courses
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY   Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:20 pm

seems like red and yellow shirts are the worst colors to buy. here cannot wear, there cannot wear.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY   Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:52 pm

Gray wrote:
seems like red and yellow shirts are the worst colors to buy. here cannot wear, there cannot wear.

Better to be safe than be sorry when you thrown into dungeon and fed to wolves...

What to do, we are just visitors...best to be careful and be cautious.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY   Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:58 pm

Folks,

KL is having crazy crazy traffic with roadblocks everywhere... Please adoid traveling to KL if you can...
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY   Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:09 pm

AMA am, I am going there in 2 weeks time. Sad
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY   Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:50 pm

Its ok already. The "yellow fever" has blown over since the organisers agreed to have the rally in a stadium Peace
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY   Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:21 am

Ok Thanks Simoner!
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY   Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:47 am

The best is to wear all white, it projects purity, cleanliness, and neutrality.....Just like our governing party cheers

Just a kind reminder when you wear all white, don't let your grand parent see it, if not they will "Chey!.....si gee na, wa kor bay see lah!" Razz
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY   Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:14 am

wear all white dont wander into Hougang....all black is best and fashionable.....
Back to top Go down
frankie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
frankie

PostSubject: Re: Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY   Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:43 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
The best is to wear all white, it projects purity, cleanliness, and neutrality.....Just like our governing party cheers

Just a kind reminder when you wear all white, don't let your grand parent see it, if not they will "Chey!.....si gee na, wa kor bay see lah!" Razz

tis is GOOD!
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY   Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 8:47 pm

This is one week of havoc in KL.... Many arrested in protest and yellow shirts.....

Again, my advice pls dont wear any yellows shirt for now in JB or else, you'll probably find trouble.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY   Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:09 am

Wearing yellow is to show that one believes in fair election......

let me be a chicken....I wear yellow in Singapore
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY   Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Quite a serious thing; this bersih issue.
Plain clothes officers were checking every car going in to JB at 2nd link; a departure from the norm.

On a lighter note, does this means the jersey Colour of Malaysia football team will be changed!?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY   Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reminder... Pls dont wear any Yellow shirt to MY
Page 1 of 1