Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course

Go down 
+25
bian1980
mojojojo
markteo
mengteck71
mloy
JGoh
chinchiachun
alvin7379
mizzy
Birdman
jwmchow
slinger
Elbry
Derek
klt8144
blee67
Aloyboy
asahi
TourSwing
DimWit Kid
Loudmouth
sunny
TheFocalPoint
Technospaz
missmoon
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:28 am

TheFocalPoint wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:
It's 12..06am and i just reached home.
What the F&*k!

What? Did you swim back?

It would have been faster if i swam. There a came a point where we actually moved 50m in 45 min. That's the standstill we were in..

i once was stuck at the singapore immigration booth. 0m in 45min.
that was the last gr game i went i think.. one of the posts we made to complain about the whole woodlands checkpoint outrageousness..
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:31 am

mloy wrote:
I got home at 12.15am. It took us 4 hours to get home from Starhill. Evil or Very Mad

Good thing had an enjoyable time with my flight mates (my ABS Kat, asahi & derek) and the usual laughter at the dinner table.

Thanks missmoon for organising.

??? moly? you sure you didn't go merry go round?

we left starhill at about 8.30ish??
bird, vin and i had supper at 9ish till 9.40pm
got back to my home by 10.40pm?
Back to top Go down
mojojojo
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
mojojojo

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:41 am

mizzy wrote:
mloy wrote:
I got home at 12.15am. It took us 4 hours to get home from Starhill. Evil or Very Mad

Good thing had an enjoyable time with my flight mates (my ABS Kat, asahi & derek) and the usual laughter at the dinner table.

huh? how to? by another way?
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:46 am

mizzy wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:
What the F&*k!

What? Did you swim back?

It would have been faster if i swam. There a came a point where we actually moved 50m in 45 min. That's the standstill we were in..

that was the last gr game i went i think.. one of the posts we made to complain about the whole woodlands checkpoint outrageousness..

Now we know.. the last time you play GR game, causeway jammed... now you play, causeway jameed again.. must be big welcoming back committee there to greet you... What a Face
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:49 am

mojojojo wrote:
mizzy wrote:
mloy wrote:

ahh.. this one you must follow me next time.. hehehe
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:50 am

blee2007 wrote:
mizzy wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:
What the F&*k!

What? Did you swim back?

Now we know.. the last time you play GR game, causeway jammed... now you play, causeway jameed again.. must be big welcoming back committee there to greet you... What a Face

yeah its always jammed. but the jam is from Jln Tebrau to JB checkpoint.
once cleared JB immigration, singapore side quite ok.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:09 pm

There is another way. We were back at 9 plus. Shhh don't tell non GR ppl. Turn left at sentosa and go all the way till t-junction then turn right. You can then make another left turn at any point in time to the coast and come back from the back of the immigration. Bypass the jam at tebrau
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:13 pm

I never know Sunny also like to come from behind... Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:20 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
I never know Sunny also like to come from behind... Shocked

You seem very happy about it hor.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:36 pm

Alternatively take 2nd link lah .. I stopped to pump petrol, bought golf balls, putu mayam, had a smoke and got home by 9.15 ....
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Derek wrote:
Alternatively take 2nd link lah .. I stopped to pump petrol, bought golf balls, putu mayam, had a smoke and got home by 9.15 ....

Last time I checked, you were the only one living in Teban. geek

And I still prefer my wanton mee over putu mayam for supper. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bian1980
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bian1980

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:41 pm

is a massive jam lor. stuck in there for 2 hours and have yet to see the bridge.

decided to change route. took me 20 mins to reach tuas and another 15-20 mins to clear.

reach home around 11. 3 hours of travelling time from starhill back to home sia.

that can take us to malacca liao lor.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:45 pm

sunny wrote:
There is another way. We were back at 9 plus. Shhh don't tell non GR ppl. Turn left at sentosa and go all the way till t-junction then turn right. You can then make another left turn at any point in time to the coast and come back from the back of the immigration. Bypass the jam at tebrau

That's the shortcut we took. Near Duval's house also jam at the the Johor Bahru version of the U-turn. Then jam again near the old lorry customs checkpoint.

Supermarket shoppers also now know the shortcut liao.

Still, the line wasn't as far back as Tebrau, and the view was more scenic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Lost and Found:
Someone left behind a pair of reading glasses at the dinner. Please contact missmoon to collect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
mojojojo
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
mojojojo

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:46 pm

mizzy wrote:
mojojojo wrote:
mizzy wrote:
mloy wrote:

next time gotta stick behind your back.....hehe
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:00 pm

mojojojo wrote:
mizzy wrote:
mojojojo wrote:
mizzy wrote:
mloy wrote:

next time gotta stick behind your back.....hehe

next time must divide into botaks vs comes-from-behind flights

for you, can bend both ways.. heheh
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:24 pm

missmoon wrote:
Lost and Found:
Someone left behind a pair of reading glasses at the dinner. Please contact missmoon to collect.

Birdman? 8)
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:03 pm

Birdman wrote:
Derek wrote:

Last time I checked, you were the only one living in Teban. geek

And I still prefer my wanton mee over putu mayam for supper. Very Happy

heheh ... normally I would prefer wanton mee ... but got craving for something sweet last night ... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Derek wrote:

heheh got craving for something sweet last night ... What a Face

Was she also a young thing? ROFL
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:24 pm

Technospaz wrote:
missmoon wrote:
Lost and Found:

Birdman? 8)

Using mine now. Thanks for the thought buddy.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:12 pm

Birdman wrote:
sunny wrote:

That's the shortcut we took. Near Duval's house also jam at the the Johor Bahru version of the U-turn. Then jam again near the old lorry customs checkpoint.

Still, the line wasn't as far back as Tebrau, and the view was more scenic. Very Happy

It is in fact not a shortcut. It is just that the road is less traveled and hence faster...

Hopefully the secret will be kept for a longer time as over the year, more and more ppl are already taking this route.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Birdman wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
missmoon wrote:
Lost and Found:

Birdman? 8)

Using mine now. Thanks for the thought buddy.

Organic range finder... mini-version Smile
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:21 pm

Both still smell the same. ROFL
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:23 pm

sunny wrote:
Birdman wrote:
sunny wrote:

It is in fact not a shortcut. It is just that the road is less traveled and hence faster...

Hopefully the secret will be kept for a longer time as over the year, more and more ppl are already taking this route.

Shhhhhh!! maybe we should delete posts in this thread refering to our dirty little secret.. heheh
Back to top Go down
spinning_top
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
spinning_top

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:39 pm

Yeah last night traffic was really bad. Thanks to sunny showing me the detour otherwise I will be swearing like Jason. cheers

My feet are not happy feet anymore. Crying or Very sad Last night reached home and changed my name to "Peng sung". In conclusion I enjoyed the game very much.

Thanks to the organizers for the effort! cheers Beer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course   JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JUL 24, SUN PM - GR July Monthly game @ Starhill Walking Course
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next