Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!

Go down 
+9
golfcoma
pushslice
eiji
andrew-golf
mowen
DGman
golf_snowman
watermyforrest
solarpop
13 posters
AuthorMessage
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! Empty
PostSubject: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 7:38 am

Thought i should share my handiwork.. built the whole set of irons myself. Length +0.25in, D2 swingweight except for PW which is D3.5. The whole process was more time consuming than difficult, since i didn't have any golf-specific tools except for a swingweight scale. I built my own shaft puller too, but only use it for graphite. In fact, I think the hardest part was getting the swing weights to match. Had to use shaft tip weights on 4 of the clubs.

C-Taper shaft review:
Some background first. I've always been a high launch high spin player, and have been using Project X shafts for quite a while. Never could handle the weight of DG S300 or similar 130+g shafts. When i got my bridgestone irons, they came with PX Flighted shafts, which i've never tried before, but assumed it would perform pretty much the same as the normal PX. Not even close. My longer irons were ballooning, and partly because i got the wrong flex (i thought normal 5.5 and flighted 5.5 were the same), i could never get any consistency with them. I did love the feel of the irons though, which is why i decided to reshaft them.

Performance wise, i think its pretty much the same as PX non-flighted. Not so sure about distance gain, but ball flight was definitely nice. Huge improvement over the flighted PX. Dispersion is super tight. Well struck shots landed exactly where i was aiming, every single time. The ultimate selling point though, is the feel of the shaft. PX are famous for being harsh, and even feel weird to some. The C-Tapers are soooooooo smooth. Its like comparing a kai'li to a motore F1. You can feel the shaft load, you can feel the kick..

This set of irons is gonna be in my bag a long long time. Until OEMs start offering the C-Taper with their new releases i doubt i'll be tempted to change at all. That said, i think these shafts work great for me coz of my issues (high launch and spin), and may not be for everyone. For those that are keen, pair these with any good forged iron head, and each good strike will be almost orgasmic haha

Hope you like the pics

KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! IMG00606-20110602-1434
KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! IMG00623-20110602-1447KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! IMG00619-20110602-1444
KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! IMG00620-20110602-1445KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! IMG00622-20110602-1446
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 8:12 am

Wow... It looks awesome... Cool way to pimp your irons...

Bro Pushslice, you might want to do the same with your J38
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 8:34 am

very nice work done on the iron..

the whole "white-red" theme is very well done...red paintfill on the hosel is cool !!

it just look awesome when you match the grip with the ferrule..very nice !!!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:16 am

i can only say one thing.....all pilots have the same taste.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:17 am

Very classy ... one of the best ... "pimp your irons" project ..
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:19 am

must come complete with red/white iron head covers, red/white cart/stand bag,

all other clubs must also be red/white combo...

savvy??
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:21 am

andrew-golf wrote:

savvy??

then everytime before using the club must sing national anthem....haha !!!
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:22 am

golf_snowman wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:

savvy??

then everytime before using the club must sing national anthem....haha !!!

no need.. jus put an ipod with small speakers (which they sell at shell) and wala!!

there u go!
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:23 am

DGman wrote:
i can only say one thing.....all pilots have the same taste.

DGman

i think its part of the SAF's brainwashing
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:22 am

Snowman!!!! Can I send my J38s to you for souping up? All red Laughing

Solarpop, we could be two of only very few players here with the 'Stones...mine is with std KBS Tour Regular flex. I have yet tamed the set though...but from the onset, the feel is much much smoother with KBS than with the stock PX Flighted
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:26 am

pushslice wrote:

Solarpop, we could be two of only very few players here with the 'Stones...mine is with std KBS Tour Regular flex. I have yet tamed the set though...but from the onset, the feel is much much smoother with KBS than with the stock PX Flighted

Time to pimp it brother!!!
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:42 am

pushslice wrote:

bro..show me the set and i see what i can do for you...swee bo ?...haha !!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:45 am

Swee!...even if I cant hit it, at least it looks good on my bag Laughing
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:48 am

pushslice wrote:
Swee!...even if I cant hit it, at least it looks good on my bag Laughing

You have my contact, so ...you know what to do ..anytime just drop me a text
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:25 pm

Thanks all for the nice comments Very Happy

DGman: I seem to remember that other guy was suan-ing me when i did the paintfill on my mizuno the last time round..

andrew: Incidentally, my bag is white/red, and i have a few sets of the BFG iron covers in different colours - red and white included.

pushslice: The bridgestones are very under-rated in my opinion.. good for us since they don't hold their value well and we can get them cheap. I read that the J38s are Endo forged btw.
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:28 pm

well done! Smile
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:41 pm

hahahahaha...one word ....SWEE....

SAF brainwashing definitely work...only White and Red...Patriotic!
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 8:37 pm

I got name la. Simi other guy?

And my current set no sexy paint fill like yours....just the sexy white ferrules w red ring. What a Face
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 9:29 am

kettle calling the pot black....

btw good review on the C-tapered Paul.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 2:32 pm

DGman: Are the C-Tapers available in Sg yet?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 9:30 am

Bro solarpop, what is the flex of your KBS Tour 90? Is it 90g in weight? How does it feels on impact? I have not tried a KBS shaft before and I am contemplating to replace my DG S300 shafts on my PW-4 irons.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Back to top Go down
ak7776
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:22 am

The shaft looks abit matte silver? with the new stickers, the shafts looks sexy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!   KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KBS C-Taper shafts on my Bridgestones!
Page 1 of 1