Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...

Go down 
+6
JonL_TK
julianseah
jurongtiger
simoner
botak
S70B
10 posters
AuthorMessage
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... Empty
PostSubject: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:22 am

Our Palm Oil Prince did me a favor 3mth ago: Helped me purchased a pair of True Linkswear when he was at the PGA Show.

Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... True1

Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... True2

These are worn by Ryan Moore:

http://www.truelinkswear.com/

Honestly, the most comfortable 'casual' golf shoe I have worn in a while. I lurved them so much I bought another pair here.

I have 3 pairs of Eccos Street Premiers as they are great as a casual shoe for both golf related activities or just hanging out but these are more golf specific.

When you look at them, they might look 'ronald macdonald-rish' with the wider than normal front but once you slip into them, u will understand why. They are designed to help spread out your feet naturally so you have better stability.

No fancy plastic, carbon fiber or whatever jigamagic. Just simple leather and fabric shoelaces to keep the weight off.

The design is to simulate an 'almost' bare-footed feel when you wear them for golf. You will realise that you stand 'lower' to the ground when you walk ard with them and your feet don't feel the usual 'crampness' like a typical golf shoe.

I have never worn my Street Premiers for golf till I was here in US cos I dun have faith in them for wet conditions but I wore these in Sg on the course for a few rounds and never have a complain about them slipping or having insufficient grip.

My only 'con' is that it is not cheap: USD$159 per pair. I can find decent shoes under USD$100 so they better last for a while.
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:52 am

Nice! I've been eye-ing these since I saw Ryan Moore wearing them. Sadly, they're not available in our parts of the world.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:23 pm

Oo la la! Very very nice. S70B, thanks for "spreading" the poison. Will search for it when I am in US next.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:37 pm

For those who wanna try these sneakers golf shoes, like what S70B mentioned, the ECCO Street Premier are really comfy as well.

Worn and look just like street sneakers. And I too find that they bring you lower to the ground, good contact with the ground and they are really light and soft.

Those are the same ones made famous by Freddy Couples.

Smile
Back to top Go down
julianseah
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 10:04 am

you mean these can be worn to play on the course??
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 11:58 am

julianseah wrote:
you mean these can be worn to play on the course??
Yes... these can be worn on course...
I have worn these for the past 6 months and i swear that so great!!!
Have a pair of FJ, Adidas, Puma, 3x Kikkor and i can't seem to stop wearing the Trues
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:12 pm

I wore them out for my 18 today.

Its definitely more comfortable than the Eccos (which I have 4 pairs) when it comes to using it on the golf course as its a lot lighter.

Also, dun really have to worry about creating spike marks on the green. Outstanding in use.
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:12 am

Besides buying from the states anyway to purchase them locally?
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:26 am

S70B wrote:
I wore them out for my 18 today.

Its definitely more comfortable than the Eccos (which I have 4 pairs) when it comes to using it on the golf course as its a lot lighter.

Also, dun really have to worry about creating spike marks on the green. Outstanding in use.

Have you tried the shoes on wet cow grass yet?
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:39 am

botak wrote:

Have you tried the shoes on wet cow grass yet?

Botak...

I tried it on Tuesday at SICC (Bukit)... No slippage on the cow grass!
I prefer these to the Ecco Street Premiers... The sole has incredible grip due to the different employment of "studs"

Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:44 am

Thanks, Jon.

They look dam chio!
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:58 am

Botak

I also wore them a couple of times when I played Keppel.

No problems for me despite the hilly terrain.
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:19 am

Erh wtb wtb?? Question
Back to top Go down
drizz0
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:33 pm

online... u can order them from golfsmith.com
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:09 pm

Thank you very much!!
Back to top Go down
drizz0
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:19 pm

no prob... will be order a pair myself... soon...
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 9:21 am

S70B wrote:
Botak

I also wore them a couple of times when I played Keppel.

No problems for me despite the hilly terrain.

Thanks S70B, appreciate the feedback
Back to top Go down
ljlow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 12:26 pm

i think i'm poisoned too... thinking to get one from the www.truelinkswear.com
but they ship via Fedex, so Ex...
Back to top Go down
den
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
den

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Bro S70B, are this similar to the pair worn by Fred Couples?
First look, it does not look structurally strong but guess what, the Pros are using it. That speaks volume!
Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... Screenshot2011-04-21atPM013640
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Hi Den...

This shoe isn't the same as what Fred Couples wears. He wears the Ecco Street Premiers. The True Links employ similar technology to the Ecco's... However, the sole is thinner and you feel closer to the ground.

The placement of the studs on both soles are different and personally i feel the True Links actually has more grip as compared to the Ecco's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...   Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thanks to Ms Lee for the initial intro...
Page 1 of 1