Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slicer51 need advise on my driver

Go down 
+3
mizzy
Birdman
Slicer51
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Slicer51 need advise on my driver Empty
PostSubject: Slicer51 need advise on my driver   Slicer51 need advise on my driver I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi Bro,

I need help. again ?

1) I tend to hitting my driver more fade than straight now. If I get aggressive, my ball tend to pull to the left or more like a weak hook.

2) I was in driving range last night and found out that when I address with my driver face "slightly opened". The ball seems much straighter and less fade. I still remember that I am afraid to open the driver face during address when I still doing the slices.

My driver loft is still 10.5 and face angle set at natural.

3) Did my natural swing path changed after all these years ? New to golf, slicer then straight then fade then pull or hook ?

4) It is ok to open the club face slightly. Advantage and disadvantage ? What I need to do to hit more draw then fade ?

Any comments is greatly appreciated. Thx
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 need advise on my driver   Slicer51 need advise on my driver I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:18 pm

I'm no expert but just based on your comments alone, it seems like you're coming down outside in, the reason for the fade.

Your aggression probably leads to overactive hands, couple that with the outside in swing, you get a pull. An overly aggressive release with just the hands, and you end up with that dreaded duck hook. I've been down that road, I'm surprised I didn't grow webbed feet myself.

Got time bro, try and seek professional help rather than self-medicate. Better in the long run. But if no choice, your friends and brothers are here for you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 need advise on my driver   Slicer51 need advise on my driver I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:33 pm

i'm spraying it everywhere with driver too..

same stages progression like you slicer. i open the face to reduce the hook..
after a while it is just messed up..

now i just square the face and go straight. if you want to hit the ball with driver and shape shots.. don't open or close the face.. will cause many problems.. just use the swing path.
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 need advise on my driver   Slicer51 need advise on my driver I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Me too been having problems with driver shot for awhile now.
Just can't get the consistency.

So...i brushed up on my hazard shots.. Slicer51 need advise on my driver 793680
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 need advise on my driver   Slicer51 need advise on my driver I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:46 pm

i do lots of shot shaping with my driver...power fade aka slice, fade, power draw (hook), draw...

the only thing is these shot shaping is not within my control....haha !!!
Back to top Go down
James1301
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 need advise on my driver   Slicer51 need advise on my driver I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:11 pm

Hey bro,
If you want to shave off the few strokes from your drive, better to get pro help and comments from those good players watching you swing.. a pic is worth a thousand words. You know that yourself - fade/ slice can be open clubface at impact, out to in swing, stance too open, no follow through at impact.. and probably a dozen other reasons, often not happening simultaneously. You will be surprised sometimes how a little comment from a pro or good player will get your ball back,, haha!
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 need advise on my driver   Slicer51 need advise on my driver I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:01 am

James1301 wrote:
Hey bro,
If you want to shave off the few strokes from your drive, better to get pro help and comments from those good players watching you swing.. a pic is worth a thousand words. You know that yourself - fade/ slice can be open clubface at impact, out to in swing, stance too open, no follow through at impact.. and probably a dozen other reasons, often not happening simultaneously. You will be surprised sometimes how a little comment from a pro or good player will get your ball back,, haha!

I agree with James1301.

The chances of your own diagnosis being compensations of the real fault is rather high. Oftentimes, the fault is actually a very small thing. But it just needs a trained eye to see it and point it out to you.

Case in point: Myself
I thought that I needed to stand further and lower from the ball in order to swing more consistently. I grooved it quite well and was hitting quite good shots with this stance. Never did I know that I was not in a very powerful position to take advantage of my natural body build. Moreover, this evolution was actually a compensation of one very small swing fault, my overactive lower body.

DGman saw how I setup and how I swung.

He adviced me to stand more upright and closer to the ball and also to keep my front hip very very quiet. Everything else, stay the same.

I worked on his tips and now I am bombing them with a lot of distance and the shots are in line.

So Bro Slicer,
It is best that you seek out a good player with a fundamentally sound swing to take a look at yours and see what he says. It could be a very simple thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slicer51 need advise on my driver   Slicer51 need advise on my driver I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slicer51 need advise on my driver
Page 1 of 1