Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hinge and hold...

Go down 
+15
Turbo
stagedbrute
jtek
ngjw89
golf_snowman
jurongtiger
Tituman
Batman
Duval_S
S70B
Winston
pushslice
duffader
navik
drizz0
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

hinge and hold... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hinge and hold...   hinge and hold... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:12 am

[list=1][*]
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: hinge and hold...   hinge and hold... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:14 am

Winston wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/v/VKt5W4ysoU8

Bro, what happened to your attention-grabbing avatar? confused
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: hinge and hold...   hinge and hold... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:09 am

Turbo wrote:
Winston wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/v/VKt5W4ysoU8

Bro, what happened to your attention-grabbing avatar? confused

AS previously mentioned in one of my post, I wrote that if any one feels offended by my avatars or signatures, just tell me and I will remove it.

Well someone did so I am removing it.

Apologies for offending anyone.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: hinge and hold...   hinge and hold... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 1:26 am

I am a recent convert to "hinge and hold" ... and loving every minute of it! After two practice sessions around the green, my short game has improved by leap and bounds!!!

However, the only downside is that there seems to be a negative spillover effect on my longer game ... I seem to be fading the ball a lot more, and i am pretty sure this is due to the hold part of "hinge and hold" ... I am not releasing in time or properly ...

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue? And how can i go about ensuring my release is proper (i.e back to normal) ... I love hinge and hold and there is no going back now ... But i need to sort this release issue out!
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: hinge and hold...   hinge and hold... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:41 am

TourSwing wrote:
I am a recent convert to "hinge and hold" ... and loving every minute of it! After two practice sessions around the green, my short game has improved by leap and bounds!!!

However, the only downside is that there seems to be a negative spillover effect on my longer game ... I seem to be fading the ball a lot more, and i am pretty sure this is due to the hold part of "hinge and hold" ... I am not releasing in time or properly ...

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue? And how can i go about ensuring my release is proper (i.e back to normal) ... I love hinge and hold and there is no going back now ... But i need to sort this release issue out!

It seems logical if you are 'holding' in your long game, the lack of release might be the reason you are fading. If the 'holding' keeps the clubface open, that might explain the fade.

Look at Phil's long game release.

hinge and hold... - Page 2 Blog_franklin1

Seems there's no 'holding' there! Very Happy His left hand (right for us righties) releases so much it's almost off the grip.

So the answer in Phil's case appears to be, hinge and hold for short game, full release for long game.

The alternative, make the grip stronger, adjust the setup, etc. Takes more work.
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

PostSubject: Re: hinge and hold...   hinge and hold... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 9:47 am

TourSwing wrote:

This happened to me when I converted to this method and when I practiced lots of pitch shot. So, I incorporated the release in my practice swing thought everytime now for 3/4 to full swing.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: hinge and hold...   hinge and hold... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:09 am

Lee36328 wrote:

So the answer in Phil's case appears to be, hinge and hold for short game, full release for long game.

The alternative, make the grip stronger, adjust the setup, etc. Takes more work.

As usual, nothing comes easy in golf ... Was nailing my irons and had my personal best round ... Decided to work on my short game to take it to the next level ... And now this!!!

Will repeatedly work on some release drills , while on the course as well!
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: hinge and hold...   hinge and hold... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:11 am

sandkie wrote:

This happened to me when I converted to this method and when I practiced lots of pitch shot. So, I incorporated the release in my practice swing thought everytime now for 3/4 to full swing.

Good to know Im not the only one! Will take more practice swings, with a full release in mind!
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

PostSubject: Re: hinge and hold...   hinge and hold... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:13 pm

TourSwing wrote:
sandkie wrote:

Good to know Im not the only one! Will take more practice swings, with a full release in mind!

I didn't use hinge and hold all the time, though. The method hits the ball cleaner and the distance control feels better for me, but I cannot do it for very shot distance chip.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: hinge and hold...   hinge and hold... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:26 pm

sandkie wrote:
TourSwing wrote:
sandkie wrote:

I didn't use hinge and hold all the time, though. The method hits the ball cleaner and the distance control feels better for me, but I cannot do it for very shot distance chip.

Am using it for short chips as well, but the hinge is minimal ... Also, i dont position the ball against my left instep like phil, i keep it centre/ back of centre
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hinge and hold...   hinge and hold... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hinge and hold...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2