Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers?

Go down 
+9
and68low
mengteck71
JonL_TK
Titleist
eiji
InTheHole!
Yarra
shamusan
duffader
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers?   Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:39 pm

duffader wrote:
eiji wrote:
on course, u expect to adjust your FW or Driver after it goes left and right?

I doubt it...

Its not just about adjusting, what happens if it loosen eiji? The way this is design is not like nakashima where the thread is in reverse, which means, te more u hit It, the tighter it gets.

My point is also not about adjusting on the course, the point is adjust on the range.

U want the fw? 10% of the retail price loh. Smile

was addressing kian with that comment about wanting adjust-ability to fix his one shot left one shot right swing.

Yes i know u need the wrench for tightening.

and 10% off retail, why not I sell u 20% off retail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers?   Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:51 pm

eiji wrote:
duffader wrote:
eiji wrote:
on course, u expect to adjust your FW or Driver after it goes left and right?

I doubt it...

Its not just about adjusting, what happens if it loosen eiji? The way this is design is not like nakashima where the thread is in reverse, which means, te more u hit It, the tighter it gets.

My point is also not about adjusting on the course, the point is adjust on the range.

U want the fw? 10% of the retail price loh. Smile

was addressing kian with that comment about wanting adjust-ability to fix his one shot left one shot right swing.

Yes i know u need the wrench for tightening.

and 10% off retail, why not I sell u 20% off retail.

I think its a good idea to do the adjustment on the course too, because its very different to hit it off real turf and artificial mats. As long as you dun hole up the flights and its ok with the flight mates, then u can jolly well go ahead.

Back to top Go down
poundpuppy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers?   Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 11:23 pm

Rather unfortunate that such a good product (that comes with an equally huge cost) does not come with the tool to make it work as advertised. I was chatting with a retailer about this yesterday and he said "most people don't buy the FW unless they have the driver already." Obviously from the posts in this thread, that is not the case.

As an aside, the wrench is not provided for purchases in the US as well, so I guess this is not something we should pin squarely on Acushnet Singapore's head. It'd certainly be a nice gesture if they could throw it in though - and it would also improve the perception of the brand name to no end.
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers?   Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 12:01 am

Hi Daniel, h r u man?

Anyway, I think it could be a good business decision. If there isn't much to be made out of these things, and those from hardware store can do the job, it could be that Titleist is just being practical. BTW, this wrench comes in special torque limit? I veguely remembered TM has this funny thing about certain wrench has certain toque limit so that you dun over-tighten the screw or something. Then again, I think TM is damn solid in its marketing to create needs. Wink
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers?   Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:34 am

Hmmmm... Valid point again, over tightening. So even if we use tm wrenches, may not fit the bill cos the torque rating may be different between the two brand cos the screw maybe different although they have the same wrench size.
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers?   Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 5:57 pm

does the 910 woods share the same wrench?

mabbe they assume everyone will buy a 910 driver before buying the wood and hybrid
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers?   Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:13 pm

I just created a new thread, The Wrench, for my friend duffy, just in case Titleist miss it !
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers?   Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 7:49 pm

zhenxua wrote:
does the 910 woods share the same wrench?

mabbe they assume everyone will buy a 910 driver before buying the wood and hybrid

that is not a fair assumption ZX, speaking for myself, i find the FW good but the driver a piece of crap... so how?

also, titleist is then indicative that customers who wish to buy only hybrid + FW are not welcomed?

i think that is basically a snub to all would be FW + hybrid users...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers?   Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Able to get the wrench from the authorised Retailers?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Friends of Golf Republic :: Titleist, FootJoy-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.