Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.

Go down 
+10
jaketang
nientsu
mervyntan
G_Man
clarencekim
freedrop
Kopi Towkay
missmoon
kopiO
robert33
14 posters
AuthorMessage
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:09 pm

Hi guys, Me and my friends going Bangkok next month. Very Happy

So wondering any good course to play and where to book for the best rates? Question

Oh and maybe droppin by pattaya.. Any recommendations for there as well?

Thanks...
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:31 am

i found this site to be quite informative... i booked two games thru them oso...

http://www.golfofsiam.com/bangkok.htm
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:35 am

wait for Jaketang to be back, he can provide FR.
he is at bkk this week.. golfing and hit his own personal best sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:43 am

Robert33, ya gotta come down to BFG next week and meet me for a cup of coffee and discuss. Just spent last 3 weeks in Pattaya and can give you the down and dirty and best prices and places. Can help with trans too.

How many in your group? All guys?

Cheers, KT Ll d in
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:49 am

On the way to Pattaya, about half way, stop at Chonburi. There is a course called Amata Spring....one of the best ard Bangkok, designed and built by the same people who built Ria Bintan and Spring City in Kunming.

Around Pattaya there are 5 or 6 good courses. Good ones are Laemchabang, Phoenix, siracha, Siam CC. These are the ones I have played and they are worth playing.

Nearer Bangkok, you can try Thai CC, Lam Lukka, Pinehurst, Panya Indra, Lakewood,.

If you want to play budget course, try those next to old airport owned by air force and army.
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:08 pm

Pinehurst near BKK okay but watch out for the many bunkers and water. Staff is friendly.

You guys actually play golf while in Pattaya?

Does anybody know if there is a golf course near Angeles City, PI?

I doubt I would find the time to get on a course anyways as it would be dark already by the time I woke up the next day!

Razz

CK
Back to top Go down
G_Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
G_Man

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:47 pm

courses I have played and want to play again in oder if which I feel is the best...

Amata Springs
This is a members course, but is really nice. there is Par 3 that you will have to take a ferry to reach.

Muang Keaw Golf Course
Nice course, there is a Par 5 that requires players to driver over a 1.5 storey high obstruction. Fried chicken wings, die die must try..

Lum Luk Ka Country Club
Nice club, be warned, the caddies will take your bets.

Panya Indra Golf Club
Friendly course. Rewards long drives.

I have played most of the better courses there, the list above are the ones worth playing again. The rest are okay only la....
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:41 pm

Kopi Towkay wrote:
Can help with trans too.

Cheers, KT Ll d in

i hope u mean TRANSport? it sure can get misleading when you use that word, especially if you say you've been in pattaya.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 3:02 pm

Maybe KT really means trans.....just like when he subtly asked earlier....'all guys??'
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:56 pm

G_Man wrote:

Muang Keaw Golf Course
Nice course, there is a Par 5 that requires players to driver over a 1.5 storey high obstruction. Fried chicken wings, die die must try..

the "obstruction" is actually the road leading into the golf club, but all fenced up (including the top). you basically have to drive over and long enough to reach the fairway on the other side, followed by mini island green...
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:12 am

i think the bro's here have highlight quite a few of the popular courses in BKK, shld be good enuff for choice.. but oso depends on where u stay..

for me, i juz contact my fren's 1 week b4 and they will arrange for me.

if u need help, pm me... Smile
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 7:50 am

mervyntan wrote:
Kopi Towkay wrote:
Can help with trans too.

Cheers, KT Ll d in

i hope u mean TRANSport? it sure can get misleading when you use that word, especially if you say you've been in pattaya.

Jeez, Y'all need to get your heads outta the gutter! But, I understand your trepidation.

Now, back to topic;

TRANSPORTATION from BKK Airport to Pattaya: $30 Sing

Marriott Pattaya: 1 room King or double beds: $180 Sing per nite.

Fairway Golf Hotel: Rooms, Driving Range, Pool, eats, putting green, Thai Pro,
Simulator. Rooms are newly refurbished. FANTASTIC
deal for those on a budget or who want to focus on golf with
an occassional visit to downtown pattaya. Located at the intersection
of the Main Highway (Sukhumvit) and Pattaya Central Road. Rooms are
only $25 Sing per nite. Owned and operated by UK Company. Best deal.

Courses: There are over 18 courses within 45 mins of Pattaya. Some better than others but all are a good value. If I didn't care about money I'd chose Laem Chabang (great layout and wonderful setting. Superb condition from Tee to Green.

BUT, the best deal of them all is Green Valley Rayong. They host numerous Thai PGA qualifiers there and the course is stunning. On a weekday the Green speeds run around 10 or faster. It is FUN. If you go with a Pattaya golfing society (Fairway Golf is a member), then Green Fees and Caddy run between $35 to $42 SING per round. Buggies are an extra $25 Sing but it is an enjoyable course to walk. A little hilly in some places but if some old guy like me can walk it 7 days straight, then I don't think it is a prob for any of you. Great Restaurants, Locker Room, Pro Shop, Simulator, Club fitting and club repair. Hard to beat IMO.

Cheers, KT
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:34 am

Yo KT,

Thanks for FR. If its not too much ask, did you happen to take any pictures in yr trip?

-KK
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:50 am

Wow... Thanks for all the info bros.. Shocked

Really dunno wat to do without the help from you guys..
Mi will pass all the information to my golf mentor who arranged this trip..
Will try to take some pics and on the course there and share it when back..
Wish mi luck and hopefully i can kick my mentor there...

By the way it's a all male flight... As there is no female golfer in our group... Haiz.. Crying or Very sad

Oh and i still may trouble you guys for more info...
Thanks a million guys.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:44 am

hi rob, are u guys staying bangkok or pattaya, if bangkok, the courses that gman mentioned are worth a while, those courses less than an hour from bangkok city, if u guys dun have transportation, i would suggest taking the golf packages that some of the tour operators offerred, u can request for certain courses........ however if u guys have a local fren, it would be better

chonburi is abt 1 hr from bangkok city, so pattaya would be abt 2hr, so arrange your time properly.... u can stay in pattaya for a nite before heading back to the city again (just a suggestion)

SQ n TG hava flights in the morning, arrival BBK at 10-11am, so u guys can have a round of golf around the airport (there are quite a few courses there) before heading back to check-in.....also they have afternoon flight back to SP so can have a morning round before taking off.... this was my arrangement if i am going BBK for golf, cos traffic in n out of city can be bad

hope it helps
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:29 pm

slinger wrote:
hi rob, are u guys staying bangkok or pattaya, if bangkok, the courses that gman mentioned are worth a while, those courses less than an hour from bangkok city, if u guys dun have transportation, i would suggest taking the golf packages that some of the tour operators offerred, u can request for certain courses........ however if u guys have a local fren, it would be better

chonburi is abt 1 hr from bangkok city, so pattaya would be abt 2hr, so arrange your time properly.... u can stay in pattaya for a nite before heading back to the city again (just a suggestion)

SQ n TG hava flights in the morning, arrival BBK at 10-11am, so u guys can have a round of golf around the airport (there are quite a few courses there) before heading back to check-in.....also they have afternoon flight back to SP so can have a morning round before taking off.... this was my arrangement if i am going BBK for golf, cos traffic in n out of city can be bad

hope it helps

Slinger's got the right idea.

Catch the SQ or TG flight arriving BKK around 9-10.

Take the TRANSPORTATION to Bangpakong Riverside course (simply awesome & not expensive)
http://www.brc-golfcourse.com/

Get down to Pattaya around 5 or so. Relax and have a GREAT meal, some Great Wine and Drinks, hit Walking Street or get a Thai Massage then leave the next morning. On the way betwen Pattaya and BKK airport stop at either Laem Chabang, Burapha or Kaow Keaw Country Club for a round (all 3 are spectacular). These 3 are only an hour drive to the BKK Airport.

Cheers, KT
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:44 pm

well KT i was at BRC on wed...nice course and windy too...

like you say, we can walk barefoot on those fairway...mmmhh its nice.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:04 pm

DGman wrote:

DGman

You are KILLING me!! I had to go from BKK to Pattaya on Thur for a meeting in Sattahip on Fri but I know I could have squeezed in some time somewhere to join you for a round!!

BRC is one of my favorite courses. Generous fairways but when the caddy says water is 200 yards, she doesn't mean 199 carry will make it.....she means 200 eh?

Cheers, KT
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:07 pm

wow... so many kakis play BKK courses so frequently...

maybe we can arrange for a game there liao... good....

next GR tournament in BKK?
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:15 pm

jaketang wrote:
wow... so many kakis play BKK courses so frequently...

maybe we can arrange for a game there liao... good....

next GR tournament in BKK?

Sounds like a GREAT IDEA!

Maybe a new thread to garner interest and possiblities, dates, locations etc?
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:18 pm

Imagine 4 players and 16 caddies... 20 paxs walking down the fairway..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:50 pm

Kopi Towkay wrote:
DGman wrote:

DGman

You are KILLING me!! I had to go from BKK to Pattaya on Thur for a meeting in Sattahip on Fri but I know I could have squeezed in some time somewhere to join you for a round!!

BRC is one of my favorite courses. Generous fairways but when the caddy says water is 200 yards, she doesn't mean 199 carry will make it.....she means 200 eh?

Cheers, KT

never asked the caddy for distance....the V2 did the job pretty well. the back nine was awesome....in terms of winning...haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:54 pm

AHHHH, good on ya!

Lookin at last 2 weeks in October or thereabouts in Thailand. Got any plans?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.   Golf in Bangkok. Need advice. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf in Bangkok. Need advice.
Page 1 of 1